To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...someone listened to me?! I asked last week about taking the salesfloor quiz so I could be eligible to be scheduled in hard lines. Things have been so crazy, it (understandably) hasn't happened yet. But the SrTL of hard lines told me today that next week's shift will include 3 days of hard lines and 2 days of guest services! No cashiering except for back up? Nearly perfect! Now, if we could just cut my hours down a bit, I would be completely happy. (Well, I think I like GS better than hard lines, but I'll take it).

To my fellow electronics team:
Keep the boat CLEAN. How hard of a concept is that? You find an abandoned movie, PUT IT AWAY. You have a hold, PUT IT AWAY. You have a product that needs numbers, GET THE NUMBERS. Empty package, BRING TO GUEST SERVICE. Why does all this stuff end up piling on top and around the boat? It makes the area so unprofessional looking and it makes it near impossible to do certain tasks that require the counter space. The crap usually ends up staying there until I get an electronics shift and it finally gets clean.

Please, just put your stuff away.

To that one HL TM.

I sent you on a wild goose chase today. Last week we held two orange plastic tubs for a guest. Whatever TM put them aside gave them the wrong size lids. Naturally, the tubs and corresponding lids are long gone. Luckily, the guest was cool with us just giving her any lid that would fit. You spent forever looking for whatever you could come up with. And somehow, you found two blue lids to trade with her. You totally vibed it out for her! And to the guest who now has orange bins with blue tops, I'm really glad you didn't care about the lid color and just wanted the tubs to be orange...because the colors look terrible together! But you were happy, so that's all that mattered.

I can't help but think about how little of a problem that would be here in the state of Colorado. Orange and blue are the Broncos colors, and everyone here is in love with them. Hell, I'm sure people would buy them if they came like that. Haha off topic...

To my fellow electronics team:
Keep the boat CLEAN. How hard of a concept is that? You find an abandoned movie, PUT IT AWAY. You have a hold, PUT IT AWAY. You have a product that needs numbers, GET THE NUMBERS. Empty package, BRING TO GUEST SERVICE. Why does all this stuff end up piling on top and around the boat? It makes the area so unprofessional looking and it makes it near impossible to do certain tasks that require the counter space. The crap usually ends up staying there until I get an electronics shift and it finally gets clean.

Please, just put your stuff away.

THIS.

I make sure that whenever I'm in Electronics the boat is spotless. If your work area is messy, what kind of impression does that make about how you work? I know most of the young kids don't care, let alone even think about that, but it's a big deal to me.

THIS.

I make sure that whenever I'm in Electronics the boat is spotless. If your work area is messy, what kind of impression does that make about how you work? I know most of the young kids don't care, let alone even think about that, but it's a big deal to me.

This is why I cannot stand when people put reshop stuff on my guest service counter. I other TMs would rather have it piled all over guest services than have a contained in a cart behind the service desk, but I think it looks trashy that way. And I figure it's less time consuming then to dump out the entire cart (of course they don't necessarily use smart sort, which is another issue altogether).

To that one Guest Service TM: Thank you for keeping the service desk organized and using Smart Sort! You really set up my re-shop team for success last night.

(of course they don't necessarily use smart sort, which is another issue altogether).

When we started overnight re-shop last week, my SrTL-Hardlines managed to talk Guest Service into using Smart Sort because we would rarely have PDAs. Unfortunately, certain Guest Service TMs and at least one GSTL are doing everything in their power to fight it. The only Guest Service people that happily comply are the aforementioned Guest Service TM from last night and a couple of the cashiers who back up over there. Yes, it's faster to sort re-shop by hand, but it makes it more difficult for the sales floor team if they don't have PDAs (price scanners are sparsely located, don't show 2nd locations, and don't have Item Search). Plus, if you don't scan, you miss un-ticketed clearance, salvage, NOP, NOF, Needs Info, and recalled items.

To that one Guest Service TM: Thank you for keeping the service desk organized and using Smart Sort! You really set up my re-shop team for success last night.

When we started overnight re-shop last week, my SrTL-Hardlines managed to talk Guest Service into using Smart Sort because we would rarely have PDAs. Unfortunately, certain Guest Service TMs and at least one GSTL are doing everything in their power to fight it. The only Guest Service people that happily comply are the aforementioned Guest Service TM from last night and a couple of the cashiers who back up over there. Yes, it's faster to sort re-shop by hand, but it makes it more difficult for the sales floor team if they don't have PDAs (price scanners are sparsely located, don't show 2nd locations, and don't have Item Search). Plus, if you don't scan, you miss un-ticketed clearance, salvage, NOP, NOF, Needs Info, and recalled items.

i feel bad for your team that they don't use it. We require our GS team to use it. We do really well for awhile and then suddenly no one uses it again so we have to get on them about it and it's good again.

i feel bad for your team that they don't use it. We require our GS team to use it. We do really well for awhile and then suddenly no one uses it again so we have to get on them about it and it's good again.

My store didn't really use it until several months ago when we had a bunch of visits all at once. Since I was training in hardlines at the time, I loved it. As time went by after that, Guest Service used it less and less until last week. We use the worklists for everything except softlines and front end. Re-shop goes a lot faster when you're moving in one direction and not running back and forth the whole time.

someone explain this to a n00b. what is smart sort?

Smart Sort is the system that Guest Service uses to sort re-shop by area and process defectives. When you scan an item, it tells you which cart or box to put it in. At my store, all of softlines goes in one cart that gets further sorted by hand at the fitting room, and hardlines is broken down by department. You can access Smart Sort on the PDA by going to All Applications > Sort Stuff, but using the Guest Service registers is easier and faster.

How my store does it:

Re-shop Carts: 1 = HBA. 2 = Pets/Chemicals/Paper. 3 = Stationery/Kitchen. 4 = Domestics/Housewares/Furniture/Decor. 5 = Toys/Sporting Goods/Auto. 6 = Seasonal. 7 = Market (dry only, perishables go in a bin to be QMOS'd). 8 = Softlines. 9 = Electronics/Entertainment. 10 = Front End. 11 = More HBA (meds and toiletries) 12 = Cosmetics (because they're small and have weird POGs).

Boxes: A = Red Toss. B = Special Handling (ESIM). C = CRC. D = Salvage (both defective and missed). E = Vendor Pickup. F = NOP (to be backstocked). We also have a Price Accuracy bin for NOF items, an AP bin for empty packages, and a bin for perishable items that need to be QMOS'd (P-Fresh takes care of those).

i think we utilize this, for the most part.

there are some gsa's who couldnt figure out how to pair their own socks so ... we usually end up getting SeeSpot in the toysreshop but ... whatev.

We've been having a problem lately with the seasonal cashiers taking reshop to GS and just tossing it wherever. When I go up to get reshop for market you end up resorting again. And our GS tms are frustrated with it, too.

We have regular GSTMs who will "help" by tossing things in whatever cart looks good that I've already sorted and closed. If it's softlines, fine, but anything else I want given to me to process. But of course I can't tell the GSA/GSTLs and other service desk people this, being the new one on the block.

To that Tl who was listening to me talking a guest into applying for a red card while I was helping him choosing a game to go with with that xbox and extra controller ..screw you ! You went behind the register just as I was about to get there ,and took over the transaction.not only that ,but you got on the walkie and told everyone you got a redcard and an attachement ....now I understand why your team despises you ....

To that Tl who was listening to me talking a guest into applying for a red card while I was helping him choosing a game to go with with that xbox and extra controller ..screw you ! You went behind the register just as I was about to get there ,and took over the transaction.not only that ,but you got on the walkie and told everyone you got a redcard and an attachement ....now I understand why your team despises you ....

If you were in electronics it should be on video..depending on how far you want to take it. IMO that was inexcusable behavior...especially for a TL.

Smart Sort is the system that Guest Service uses to sort re-shop by area and process defectives. When you scan an item, it tells you which cart or box to put it in. At my store, all of softlines goes in one cart that gets further sorted by hand at the fitting room, and hardlines is broken down by department. You can access Smart Sort on the PDA by going to All Applications > Sort Stuff, but using the Guest Service registers is easier and faster.

How my store does it:

Re-shop Carts: 1 = HBA. 2 = Pets/Chemicals/Paper. 3 = Stationery/Kitchen. 4 = Domestics/Housewares/Furniture/Decor. 5 = Toys/Sporting Goods/Auto. 6 = Seasonal. 7 = Market (dry only, perishables go in a bin to be QMOS'd). 8 = Softlines. 9 = Electronics/Entertainment. 10 = Front End. 11 = More HBA (meds and toiletries) 12 = Cosmetics (because they're small and have weird POGs).

Boxes: A = Red Toss. B = Special Handling (ESIM). C = CRC. D = Salvage (both defective and missed). E = Vendor Pickup. F = NOP (to be backstocked). We also have a Price Accuracy bin for NOF items, an AP bin for empty packages, and a bin for perishable items that need to be QMOS'd (P-Fresh takes care of those).

Ohh, I was confused at first. When I worked sales floor shifts I don't recall that app being called Smart Sort (this was 1+ yr ago) but I may be wrong.

to those few team members that I have worked with one on one the last few days...I am very glad to have gotten to know you better.

to the one team member who shoots me death glares every time you see me....darling, the feeling is beyond mutual!! If you actually did at least part of your job....I would at least not hate you...just dislike you. (I was learning to shoot outs in her one dept. and even though she had been there for more than 10 hours the two previous shifts it was horrible, not even close to being properly zoned)

to that other team member-I am glad you have moved down from your ridiculous notion of becoming a team lead to just a brand team member, may you continue to want to learn more and do what is asked of you without complaining. You may have a hard time overcoming your previous reputation but keep it up!!

to those team members who suggested "at least you have the hours" when I mention the 7 days in a row I just completed and not feeling well....buggers to you!! I feel like crud and come into work (I am not contagious, just tired, sore throat) and I bust my hiney to get the hours and pick up shifts when I can. Every once in awhile I would like to not have to say I am good and thought I could to you all.
to the two team members who gave me sympathy over not feeling good. Thank you!! To the team lead who ordered me a tea from starbucks because you looked at me and knew I needed it. Bless you.

I hate calling your store to find an item, because you all are generally less than helpful. You've also pulled some screwy tricks to paint us in a corner. So when I have to call you back after I was put on hold and hung up on, don't you dare get nasty with me and tell me how the phones work. I know exactly how they work. And funny, you got a whole lot nicer when I mentioned I was a TM at another store. So shut up, transfer me to seasonal, and try not to hang up on me again, got it?

I hate calling your store to find an item, because you all are generally less than helpful. You've also pulled some screwy tricks to paint us in a corner. So when I have to call you back after I was put on hold and hung up on, don't you dare get nasty with me and tell me how the phones work. I know exactly how they work. And funny, you got a whole lot nicer when I mentioned I was a TM at another store. So shut up, transfer me to seasonal, and try not to hang up on me again, got it?

I don't know how it is at your store but at mine we rarely have an operator, so whoever is near a phone has to answer when the overhead bell goes off. Now since you KNOW how the phones work I won't explain how to put a call on hold from the floor phones. Chances are the person who took the call was not proficient at the hold procedure and "accidentally" hung up on you. Now when you called back there's no guarantee that the same tm answered the phone and assuming you were as sweet as can be it was unprofessional of them to be nasty. The fact that we are always shorthanded and the tm answering the phone more than likely had a hundred other things that needed to get done, is no excuse for being rude. Should you call again and that happens just ask for the LOD and lodge a complaint.

I don't know how it is at your store but at mine we rarely have an operator, so whoever is near a phone has to answer when the overhead bell goes off. Now since you KNOW how the phones work I won't explain how to put a call on hold from the floor phones. Chances are the person who took the call was not proficient at the hold procedure and "accidentally" hung up on you. Now when you called back there's no guarantee that the same tm answered the phone and assuming you were as sweet as can be it was unprofessional of them to be nasty. The fact that we are always shorthanded and the tm answering the phone more than likely had a hundred other things that needed to get done, is no excuse for being rude. Should you call again and that happens just ask for the LOD and lodge a complaint.

REALLY? Your store allows the night bell to ring while guests are in the store?? I never heard of such a thing.

Ours is always on overhead (so is our next closest store). And the closest thing we have to an operator is someone running up to answer the phone if I can't get to it while at GS. I'm sure this store is the same way as well.

After I was hung up on, I called back and politely explained I was holding for seasonal and was disconnected....I wasn't finished speaking and she interrupted me to let me know that there's no hold music and I needed to be patient. I know there's no hold music...I know the sounds the system should and shouldn't make as I'm waiting. I was placed on hold just fine, and somewhere the call got dropped. It happens. It's annoying, but I have that store's number memorized, so I just call back.

She wasted more of her time (and mine because since I was at GS, that made me doing a hundred things as well) instead of saying, "I'm so sorry about that, let me repage them" and out me back on hold. I didn't have time to be messing with her LOD, either.

The only reason I got snippy here is because this is the thread to do it. ;-)

Ugh, having to call *that* other store because the guest wants to have the item checked/held. Operator sends me on a goose chase to phones that are never picked up, until the call goes back to the operator and they "try again" and no one picks up answers anything after that.

REALLY? Your store allows the night bell to ring while guests are in the store?? I never heard of such a thing.

Yes Really. Being a cashier/guest service tm I occasionally answer the phone. Unfortunately some of our phones are on the ancient side and accidentally hanging up on a guest does happen. When the guest calls back, if I'm the one answering the call I will apologize and try to make things right. No matter the reason for hanging up on a guest (even if it is a tm from another store) there is NEVER a reason to be rude. I hope that if Retail Girl ever calls our store she doesn't get that kind of treatment.

Yep, people get lost, in the phone system sometimes and sometimes they get impatient because we don't have hold music or noise. I get both sides of it. If they call back, I do the same thing as Reneeisxena, I simply apologize and try again.

This is the same store that if I call and ask to verify if they have the item, 75% of the time, the conversation goes like this after I get to the TM in the dept:

Me: hi, I'm with Spot in xyz and I have a guest here looking for abc. Could you tell me if you have it? I have numbers if that would be helpful.
TM: does some searching, may put me back on hold, sometimes needs the dpci, sometimes not....eventually I get some random response indicating they do have the item....(usually, "yes we have that")
Me: Great! Could you place one up at guest services for Bob and I will let him know he can pick it up there?
TM: oh, I have to see if we actually have one.
Me: umm?

Any other store in our district is generally great. But the one I call most often, makes me have the urge to go in and run around and hit all of their call buttons over and over again on my day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back