To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
to Mother Nature (she is a tm in my eyes, a hormonal one, right now)-thanks for being a stinker.....I am certain all of the ground we made up in sales last weekend we lost because of you today.

to those 3 TM's who called out and the one who NCNS-good thing mother nature kept everybody away today because there were only 3 closers on SL tonight. To those 3 ladies- you all did great!! (almost made me gag saying that to one of them....she is the one I wanna slap every time she opens her mouth)

to my TL-I am so confused as to why you didn't want me to sort the umpteen carts back at the fitting room until they worked out some (there were only 4 sorted). I did as much rewrap as I could (got it down to one cart) but then the OCD in me couldn't stand it anymore and I did 4 or 5 carts(I also resorted the first 4 so they would be easier to reshop).

It started as a joke.
The ETL loading up a a flat of AXE gift sets and I commented that it was so very wrong that Anarchy had been turned from a important political philosophy to a phreaking body spray.
The ETL took umbrage and said that anarchy was hardly a 'real' political ideal.
I said that Henry David Thoreau, Emma Goldman and Noam Chomsky would probably have a few things to say about that.
At which point I stopped talking because I was being stared at like I was growing horns.
These are young people, with educations, in a blue state, and they still think this is some kind of dangerous boogyman?

It started as a joke.
The ETL loading up a a flat of AXE gift sets and I commented that it was so very wrong that Anarchy had been turned from a important political philosophy to a phreaking body spray.
The ETL took umbrage and said that anarchy was hardly a 'real' political ideal.
I said that Henry David Thoreau, Emma Goldman and Noam Chomsky would probably have a few things to say about that.
At which point I stopped talking because I was being stared at like I was growing horns.
These are young people, with educations, in a blue state, and they still think this is some kind of dangerous boogyman?

I'm pretty sure most of my ETL's have never read a book ever. I'm also pretty sure most of them haven't the foggiest idea what umbrage means.

To the GSA at the service desk tonight. I told you there was an electric cart outside being snowed on. It is now your problem. No, I am not going to go track down the GSTL for you. You have a walkie...track him or the cart attendant down yourself. You have no right to ask me to do anything when I'm on my lunch (which you knew because I had my coat on and was wandering around with my car keys).

To the GSTL tonight. Thank you. I've missed working with you, and it's nice not to be treated like I'm an idiot. I'm seriously going to miss you when you are on your three week vacation.

Last edited:
To that one GSA who is temporarily working at our store... Go **** yourself. Seriously.

And I thought I hated my boss? Now I know that you are my true Target Arch Nemesis.

Basically what happened, it was him and another TM BOTH closing service desk tonight and neither of them had done it before. I tried explaining to the best of my ability, but was blown off or constantly told "Well this is how we do it at ____ store". Even with 2 of them, service desk became a hot mess, and I did try to at least meet him halfway by helping out where I could for a good 20 minutes before I did 239. To put the icing on the cake, he tried to tell me how to do my job and pretty much ordered me to clean up the hot mess at service desk and he would do 239 for me. I don't think I've ever had to raise my voice to anybody until now, and its definitely not very often that I have to order someone to do their job. Told my ETL-GE to get this fool in check before I flip on his ass.

Apparently hes been coaching our cashiers too, and even made one of them cry... What a ****ing tool.

I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL YOU PIECE OF **** ****** **** YOU ****ING ****ER

Last edited by a moderator:
To that one GSA who is temporarily working at our store... Go **** yourself. Seriously.

And I thought I hated my boss? Now I know that you are my true Target Arch Nemesis.

Basically what happened, it was him and another TM BOTH closing service desk tonight and neither of them had done it before. I tried explaining to the best of my ability, but was blown off or constantly told "Well this is how we do it at ____ store". Even with 2 of them, service desk became a hot mess, and I did try to at least meet him halfway by helping out where I could for a good 20 minutes before I did 239. To put the icing on the cake, he tried to tell me how to do my job and pretty much ordered me to clean up the hot mess at service desk and he would do 239 for me. I don't think I've ever had to raise my voice to anybody until now, and its definitely not very often that I have to order someone to do their job. Told my ETL-GE to get this fool in check before I flip on his ass.

Apparently hes been coaching our cashiers too, and even made one of them cry... What a ****ing tool.

I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL YOU PIECE OF **** ****** **** YOU ****ING ****ER

where the heck are your GSTL's during the things that go on with your GSA's???

A GSA coaching cashiers?
That's wrong on SO many levels....

I just had to coach a gsa for coaching a cashier. I was checking my email and heard some people arguing in a room but couldn't make out what they were saying or who it was and they walk out with the cashier really upset and the gsa telling her that "if she catches her doing it again she will be on a final warning!" It took everything inside of me not to flip out right then. The sad thing this gsa just doesn't like that cashier or some reason.

Yeah he's coaching cashiers on Redcards performance and he's singling people out. Not sure if my gstls know or not, but they don't tell me anything. No gstl working last night, just me.

I'm pretty laid back with team members, but when power tripping punk ass *****es like this *** start ****ing with me, god it pisses me off....

The scene: front lanes.
The players: me (2:30-10:30), TM1 (3:30-10:30), TM 2 (4-10pm), (both of these geniuses are seasonal) supporting roles by other TMs and the GSTL. After 4:30pm, it was just us three for cashiers.

Well...

So, at 4pm, it was me and another cashier, and the GSTL starts questioning where TM1 is. No one has heard from him. About 4:15pm, I ask the GSTL where TM2 is, getting wary about the fact that I was about to be the only cashier up front for the entire evening. The GSTL said he wasn't sure, but hoped she would be along shortly.

Me: Umm...you really think so?
GSTL: I hope so!
Me: Well, you know TM1 and TM2 live together and have a baby together...so, if one has NCNS, I wouldn't put much money on it.
GSTL: Wait, you aren't kidding...
Me: No.

*insert grumbling, groaning and random threats from both of us under our breath*

5pm...TM2 shows up claiming she misread the schedule. Right.

Me: I am so happy to see you!
TM2: Wait, were you being sarcastic when you said that since I was an hour late since I misread my schedule?
Me (rather confused): No! I really am happy to see you! I wasn't looking forward to being the only cashier up here tonight!
TM2: What do you mean we're the only two?
Me: Umm, yes...without TM1 here, it was starting to look really bad.
TM2: What?! He didn't work tonight.
Me: Yes he did.
TM2: He must have misread the schedule, he didn't know. Why didn't they call either of us to ask us where we were? I was just napping and could have been here! Besides, they know we have a baby and they can't schedule us at the same time!
Me: They stopped calling people a couple of years ago...and they just make due without to save on hours.
TM2: Well, we only have one car, and he has the baby, I need to call him and tell him to call in.

...later....

TM2: Do you know if they've started laying people off yet?
Me: I don't think so.

All of this to say...I don't believe a damn word of it. You *both* happened to misread your schedule today? Bull. I cannot believe they let you stay an hour later to make up for being an hour late. And to be indignant that they scheduled you at the same time? Sure, it won't happen often because he's mainly flow and you're a cashier...but there is no way they are going to be worried about making sure you two have adequate kid coverage. You were also the one who called in after putting hours up on the swap board and weren't able to find someone to take the hours. I hope they drop both of you like hot potatoes.

Last edited:
The scene: front lanes.
The players: me (2:30-10:30), TM1 (3:30-10:30), TM 2 (4-10pm), (both of these geniuses are seasonal) supporting roles by other TMs and the GSTL. After 4:30pm, it was just us three for cashiers.

Well...

So, at 4pm, it was me and another cashier, and the GSTL starts questioning where TM1 is. No one has heard from him. About 4:15pm, I ask the GSTL where TM2 is, getting wary about the fact that I was about to be the only cashier up front for the entire evening. The GSTL said he wasn't sure, but hoped she would be along shortly.

Me: Umm...you really think so?
GSTL: I hope so!
Me: Well, you know TM1 and TM2 live together and have a baby together...so, if one has NCNS, I wouldn't put much money on it.
GSTL: Wait, you aren't kidding...
Me: No.

*insert grumbling, groaning and random threats from both of us under our breath*

5pm...TM2 shows up claiming she misread the schedule. Right.

Me: I am so happy to see you!
TM2: Wait, were you being sarcastic when you said that since I was an hour late since I misread my schedule?
Me (rather confused): No! I really am happy to see you! I wasn't looking forward to being the only cashier up here tonight!
TM2: What do you mean we're the only two?
Me: Umm, yes...without TM1 here, it was starting to look really bad.
TM2: What?! He didn't work tonight.
Me: Yes he did.
TM2: He must have misread the schedule, he didn't know. Why didn't they call either of us to ask us where we were? I was just napping and could have been here! Besides, they know we have a baby and they can't schedule us at the same time!
Me: They stopped calling people a couple of years ago...and they just make due without to save on hours.
TM2: Well, we only have one car, and he has the baby, I need to call him and tell him to call in.

...later....

TM2: Do you know if they've started laying people off yet?
Me: I don't think so.

All of this to say...I don't believe a damn word of it. You *both* happened to misread your schedule today? Bull. I cannot believe they let you stay an hour later to make up for being an hour late. And to be indignant that they scheduled you at the same time? Sure, it won't happen often because he's mainly flow and you're a cashier...but there is no way they are going to be worried about making sure your two have adequate kid. You were also the one who called in after putting hours up on the swap board and weren't able to find someone to take the hours. I hope they drop both of you like hot potatoes.

don't you just love people like that?
Hopefully your store is like mine but we don't keep any seasonal people if they have been coached or need a coaching during their time. There was a cashier on our keep list and he was 30 minutes late to work today and etl-HR said to take him off because she pulled his attendance and he's been 5-10 minutes late about once a week.

The number of regular employees who come floating in 5 minutes late at my store is probably just as long as those of us who are on time. It seems to be the culture that no one says anything, and it just goes on. Though the first time my GSTL and I talked about my performance after I was hired, he specifically mentioned how much he loved the fact that I'm always on time/early and am very conscious about my break times. He said it's one of his biggest pet peeves. But with the job being what it is, I guess you take what you can get when it comes to stuff like that.

Ironically, I think she was a few minutes late for even starting at 5pm. *roll eyes*

don't you just love people like that?
Hopefully your store is like mine but we don't keep any seasonal people if they have been coached or need a coaching during their time. There was a cashier on our keep list and he was 30 minutes late to work today and etl-HR said to take him off because she pulled his attendance and he's been 5-10 minutes late about once a week.

This is where I'm different from most others. Oh you were 5-10 minutes late 3 times within the last 2 weeks? Don't worry about it because we kept you late every single shift you had!

When I'm staying an hour and a half past schedule then I better not hear 1 damn word about me being late the next day.

5-10 minutes late I could live with if I hadn't seen you come in while talking on your cell, clock in, stow your stuff in a locker, chat a few minutes more before hanging up, chat up folks at TMSC, look at the posted schedule (without writing ANY of it down) before strolling out to the lanes WELL after your start time.
But hey, you clocked on time.

to the entire store-I am guessing there were a LOT of NCNS/call out's today for the management to be so desperate to call me at the start of the work week (2 hours after opening, even) where I am scheduled for more than 32 hours.....too bad I was in a different state, could have used the overtime.

To the GSTL....that cashier is nearly 6 months pregnant...could you not find someone else to get carts?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back