To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ELTLOG is a chatty kathy (not her irl name).

She is incapable of going to another channel when instigating a conversation and proceeds to 'um yeah so if you could um yeah' her way through every pointless communication she can make, all over channel 1. It makes it horrible when you have an urgent LOD/AP need. Plus her voice is um .... something else.

Why is it when one has an actual need on the walkie, it is impossible to get a word in edgewise over things that really aren't necessary or can be taken to a different channel? There are times that as soon as someone takes a breath, I jump in like no one is talking...otherwise I'd never get a chance.

for the first time ever, i can't post my comment because it is so specific. so i am just gonna say...

dear leadership team... instead of telling us that our job is a privilege, how about you guys learn YOU ARE DAMN LUCKY TO HAVE US. shift your perception and you'll be surprised how much morale will improve.

Oh, fellow TL, do not waste your time and breath gossiping to me or about me. I will not join the mean girl club at our store. I have a job to do. You also have a job to do which would get done more quickly if you'd gossip less and work more.

Anyway, who in his right mind gossips TO and ABOUT the same person? Really? When I roll my eyes, it is AT you, not WITH you. ;)

Oh, fellow TL, do not waste your time and breath gossiping to me or about me. I will not join the mean girl club at our store. I have a job to do. You also have a job to do which would get done more quickly if you'd gossip less and work more.

Anyway, who in his right mind gossips TO and ABOUT the same person? Really? When I roll my eyes, it is AT you, not WITH you. ;)

Most people who will gossip to you will also gossip about you.

for the first time ever, i can't post my comment because it is so specific. so i am just gonna say...

dear leadership team... instead of telling us that our job is a privilege, how about you guys learn YOU ARE DAMN LUCKY TO HAVE US. shift your perception and you'll be surprised how much morale will improve.

Can I just say how tired I am of hearing "Perception is reality" ARGH!!!! There are perceptions other than your own! I totally agree dek.. shift the perception and much will change!

Can I just say how tired I am of hearing "Perception is reality" ARGH!!!! There are perceptions other than your own! I totally agree dek.. shift the perception and much will change!

The problem is the ETL's (at least in my neck of the woods) are cut from the same bolt of cloth so their perceptions are going to be exactly the same and they just reinforce each other.
The more reasonable TLs may try to offer some perspective but they are nervous for their jobs so will be polite and careful in phrasing, which is unlikely to break through the bubble that has been created around our fearless leaders.
The things they don't have to worry about could fill a book, yet they run our lives and can tell us to be thankful for the crumbs they offer in terms of hours and pay.
None of them have kids, some even still live with their parents, most aren't married and yes, I'm sure they have student debt but I'm know none of them have ever had to go on food stamps or wonder how they were going to keep the lights on.

Last edited:
to TPS,
wow im just barely finding out why you all have to wear red shirts and not your uniform these past couple of days, idk if this is just in southern california or in targets everywhere at the moment

You know, on that note, I haven't seen our TPS around for a bit. Maybe he's in hiding. :p

To our Sr. GSTL: You know the way those adults talk in those Charlie Brown films? YOU SOUND LIKE THAT ON THE WALKIE. Whaa, whaa, whamp whaamp. You love going on LONG pep talks about how we're doing on Redcards for the day and how we can improve, but you do realize no one can understand you, right?

To that one TM....look, I don't presume to know your situation or want to tell you how to run your life...but as a single mom trying to support yourself....every day you spend at least half of what you make that day in buying crap that's a "really good deal." You admit that you don't need it, that you have tons of Target bags full of stuff you bought that is just sitting around doing nothing but taking up space.

You have an addiction. Seriously. Step away from the service desk as much as you can when you are not scheduled back there and keep your mitts out of the reshop bins. You do not need it. I hate myself every time I have to ring up your purchases, because I feel like I am feeding this addiction. I feel like I have to get the reshop bins (especially anything with clearance) out of guest services as quickly as possible to get it away from your eyes. It's uncomfortable, to say the least.

Have you ever seen the TV show, "Hoarders". Check out how many Target bags are on those piles!

to the certain ETL thats always asking me to do little petty things that take a second when im already really busy...

you have hands, you F**king do it

To that one TM....look, I don't presume to know your situation or want to tell you how to run your life...but as a single mom trying to support yourself....every day you spend at least half of what you make that day in buying crap that's a "really good deal." You admit that you don't need it, that you have tons of Target bags full of stuff you bought that is just sitting around doing nothing but taking up space.

You have an addiction. Seriously. Step away from the service desk as much as you can when you are not scheduled back there and keep your mitts out of the reshop bins. You do not need it. I hate myself every time I have to ring up your purchases, because I feel like I am feeding this addiction. I feel like I have to get the reshop bins (especially anything with clearance) out of guest services as quickly as possible to get it away from your eyes. It's uncomfortable, to say the least.

Have you ever seen the TV show, "Hoarders". Check out how many Target bags are on those piles!

I haven't been able to watch that show since I saw one with a woman hoarding cats. But you have me curious again.

There was a "Storage Wars" episode where one of the bins was obviously owned by a hoarder and it was filled with bags of crap....there were quite a few Target bags in there too ;)

to the certain ETL thats always asking me to do little petty things that take a second when im already really busy...

you have hands, you F**king do it

Jesus Christ Yes.
We have an ETL who is just Capt. 'Hey could somebody um ...'
WHAT THE **** DO THEY PAY YOU FOR?!

To that young etl hr : i know the doc didn't put when i can come back to work ,because he doesn't know ! One thing I can tell you,he doesn't like to fill that workability sheet! He has his own! He doesn't have time to figure it out !
And ,no I will not give him the "mock" paper you filled ,in different colors pend to show him how to fill it properly!

to that one muckety muck-sorry for saying a fairly crass word for the state of our recognition, but it was the truth. As anybody who has ever talked to me will tell you, I do speak the truth...usually not quite as crassly though.

to the HR...sorry I dissed the candy gram idea...the few I sent out (hey, the money did end up going to charity) brightened the day of the tm's. (Others will get them their next shift).

To my new ETL-told you men's was icky.

To that HL TL, hey I know I used to spoil you back in the days when I had hours.
I didn't mind getting the backer paper and headers for you and helping you out every time you called.
Now you're getting annoyed when I don't come over every time you call and I kind of feel bad because I do like you and want to help.
But I just don't have the time, they screwed me for the hours and I'm absolutely buried.
I really want to but it's getting impossible.

Last edited:
Umm...to whoever comes up with my bizarre schedule...what in the world is this one shift in softlines each week? I am not an ornament, and I dislike being put back there with the ornaments. Also, thanks for the GSA hours. Now, some training might be nice.

to TPS,
wow im just barely finding out why you all have to wear red shirts and not your uniform these past couple of days, idk if this is just in southern california or in targets everywhere at the moment
lol our store is like that also. maybe they'll wear their regular uniform tomorrow.

to that one older TM who follows me around like a puppy dog. dude you're like 50 years old and i'm still a teenager, no matter how many times you say "hey pretty girl", you're still really lame.

oh my, I found out that the muckety muck's visit wasn't an ordinary one...it was a state of the store visit. I almost feel bad for our STL as our store is a total fluster cuck. ALMOST because most of the problems would not actually be around with better leadership and that starts from the top.

to the new ETL....I am sorry you have walked in to such a bomb. I actually think I like you as a person and you are certainly showing yourself to be a leader and not prone to gossip.

to TPS,

You know, I haven't seen either of our TPSs lately. We had someone else in uniform (from another store?) the other day. Also, I've been seeing our APS more lately than I ever did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back