To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the TL covering GSTL's break who was screaming over the walkie about backup: we heard you. We were all legitimately with guests or on the phone (with guests). Calm the hell down, we said we'd go up as soon as we could. Don't scream, it scares the guests near anyone with a walkie. The lines weren't even bad. Jeez.

To whichever "store manager" told a small group leader it was okay to have a Target-exclusive scavenger hunt for 40 teenagers TWO WEEKS in advance and didn't warn anyone in the store..... screw youuuu. Friday night + 6 call outs with only 2 people up front and 2 on sales floor already spells disaster

To that LOD: I wish you would stop bringing me up in huddle when it comes to AAR. Yes, my AAR is great, but it has gotten to the point where it isn't flattering anymore and just annoying. And I'm sure everyone else is sick of you bringing me up.

To a handful of my fellow cashiers, please do your job. Don't turn your 15 into a 30 because the GSTL doesn't keep track of the break schedule. When there's only one cashier on and there are supposed to be four but everyone's extending their break, the sales floor members that have to go for backup get pissed. They have their own work that needs to be done. Also, you are hired as a cashier so maybe you should spend some part of your shift at a register rather than walking back and forth to Starbucks, occasionally picking up one item of reshop to bring to guest service so you can walk back to Starbucks again.

To my GSA, you complain about hours and then you get hours and complain about having too many hours. I'm sure the other GSA would love some of those, so please stop complaining because your sour attitude is affecting the team. A few cashiers are guilty as well and it gets obnoxious quickly.

/rant over

To cashiers that are scheduled to work on Saturdays but love to call out. If you don't want to work on Saturdays, get the fudge out of retail and Target. Your laziness caused a lot of chaos. Half of the cashiers called out so everyone on the salesfloor was on registers for long durations today which meant pulls kept piling up on the line and means that backroom has no tubs and flats. I shouldn't have to bust my hairy butt to get tubs and flats because you are too lazy and selfish and don't want to work Saturdays.

To that one Team Member that used the bathroom before me: I'm not sure what you ate/drank/took to make your urine reek to strongly but maybe you should consider laying off of it. If this seems rude to point out, then maybe you should also consider flushing the fricking toilet!
LOL. I went into the handicapped bathroom stall just because it has a sink and a mirror and I wanted to fix my hair. I didn't use the toilet because I didn't need to and it was full of shit....and as I came out another team member went in. He must have thought I left the shit in there. How embarrassing.

To the early morning team everyone, if you don't have a pda, read the labels. Those new flip flop things aren't $5.99 socks.

To whoever works in the morning, I'm sorry. There was a call-out and the backup calls were abundant soo it's not so great out there.

I take that apology above back! My two team leads were the only people on the floor between 8am and 4:30 and not a single thing from the previous reshop was touched. They could've knocked out the unfinished bits of the zone in an hour or two and then finished at least half of the reshop I left. Instead, they screwed around and hung out together doing not a damn thing. Sure they didn't come in to a great zone, but slacking off makes us fall even further behind and it pisses me off that supposed team leads are doing this. Lead by example, asshole.

I take that apology above back! My two team leads were the only people on the floor between 8am and 4:30 and not a single thing from the previous reshop was touched. They could've knocked out the unfinished bits of the zone in an hour or two and then finished at least half of the reshop I left. Instead, they screwed around and hung out together doing not a damn thing. Sure they didn't come in to a great zone, but slacking off makes us fall even further behind and it pisses me off that supposed team leads are doing this. Lead by example, asshole.
Crap like this annoys the hell out of me....I'll leave for the day at 4 and there will be X number of scripts to be filled, come in the following day and those same scripts are still there, PLUS a bunch of crap with no information other than "call MD" (if even THAT). THEN, I find out that the favorite "Closing Tech" spent the evening doing stuff that didn't really NEED to be done, simply because "CT" gets to do whatever "CT" wants (and, of course, "CT" doesn't work certain days of the week, which are usually the days after the most crap is left!) and people wonder why I hate working mornings after "CT" closes! And this is the person we're all compared to because "CT" apparently "can do no wrong"...

There was a very small amount of us gathering at photo last night for huddle, as another TM came up and stood a little bit back:

LOD: come join us, this is going to be an intimate huddle tonight.

The other TM and I get wide eyed and back away.

LOD: ok, that did not come out right.
TM: no, it did not.

*snickering dies down*

LOD: does anyone have any recognition?

*crickets*

Me: I'd like to recognize the LOD for the day's most awkward moment.

LOD: thanks, RG...

:-D

There was a very small amount of us gathering at photo last night for huddle, as another TM came up and stood a little bit back:

*snickering dies down*

*crickets*

Wow, a huddle worth attending. :D Like the time our LOD forgot to come to huddle so we did our own recognition and shared info we actually cared about.

To my team leads that believe me to be the only person able to get carts: You have 4 cashiers and a cart attendant, pulling me from the service desk and taking over the line of guests is not the best solution to your dilemma. Manage the front better

To the new ETL...
You're doing a great job so far. I like you and you seem on top of things much more so than the last ETL in your position was when she first started. I have high hopes for you. Don't blow it.

To that cashier who let me know I can use my discount with ebt, thanks a bunch! Wish I'd come to your line anytime in the past like months I've had the card. I coulda eaten a little bit more haha.

To the tl who worked super hard today for tomorrow's visit, if you do that everyday, we wouldn't be so far behind. Same to your minion/sidekick.

To the minion, you probably wouldn't have had that giant cart to complain about if you'd just put the folded away when you came in. You opened for a week straight. That's the easiest time to just throw that suff on the tables because everything's folded and their aren't many customers. And the way the schedule has been, the people who come in after you are doing nothing but the closing zone.

Also, TLs, stop ignoring shoes.

To whoever had the 'brilliant' idea to only schedule one hardlines person today, and just have me come in at 2, and the LOD who was pissed at me...you effing moron(s). Of course the store was a mess, you only had me in hardlines today, with no one there before me, and the vast majority of my shift, you had me on the checklanes, or answering calls all over the store, as well as covering every electronics break!

To every GSTL and GSA in my store: Please, for the love of all that is holy, SPEEDWEAVE. There might be two lanes with nobody waiting, but the cashier whose line is 1+5 hit their button. And every lane had better be at least 1+1 if you're calling for back-ups. Utilize your own area's resources before you tap into other areas.

*snickering dies down*

*crickets*

This is how our morning food area huddles go at my store.

To that one TM...had I had some of Red's degreaser and space in her cooler, you would have been a goner tonight.

So, that Pepsi sale...4/$10... The LODs have spent the entire week being bold and letting people walk out with pallets of the stuff at a time. The Pepsi people realized what we were allowing and that another grocery store in the area has been taking advantage of our boldness to stock their shelves. So tonight the hammer came down. No guest was allowed more than 12-12 packs. And if the guests appeared to be together in any way...if they so much as said, "hi" to one another...they were limited to 12 between the two of them...no splitting up the orders.

So we had two young gentleman come through the line with 24-12 packs. I explained the limit. They argued with me...then, the cashier had the nerve to argue with me!

Excuse me?! I am enforcing what has come down from above, and I have direct orders that I just told you about, and you are going to argue with me?! In front of a guest?! Wrong answer, buddy! I really hope the LOD followed up with speaking to you...because I swear, if that ever happens again, you will not be walking out of the store as easily as you walked in.

to that one team member.....thank you, for finally, finally quitting!! No tears have been shed by any other team member for you. In fact, we still can't figure out how you lasted past your 90 days. You are a mean, mean one.....to TM's and guests.

to that other tm.....can't figure out how you are back on the payroll...BUT, you are and I am guessing you will be under a microscope. You are one of those gossip mongers and don't always do your job.....GROW UP!!!

to that brand team member....we've had this discussion before......I like you as a person but as a worker, you suck!!! An 8 hour shift and none of your areas were zoned? I had to go behind you and within an hour got your red zones up to yellow. You were warned by our TL to get a decent zone. I am not paid to be your mama and you've been consistently warned about your zones.

To the big wig in charge of yogurt, can we get the full fat fages?? I'm not low carb or paleo/primal, but since it's so popular right now, it makes 0 sense for you to assume the whole country is avoiding fat.

To that one tl, stop with the b.s. I may be soft spoken, typically, but I won't allow you or anyone else to walk all over me. If your feelings were hurt, so be it. Also, that little "tip," you gave me was moot because up until that point I'd spent the whole time I'd been there, on register. I wasn't slacking off or ignoring that shit that had been thrown on the floor. Alsoooo, I think you're only coming up with b.s. critiques because of complaints that the shit on last year's reviews had never been mentioned prior to the actual review.

To that one TL. for the love of the Allspark and Primus himself do some bloody work instead of being on your phone all day and maybe we wouldn't be here till 11. also stop bitching at me for not getting the reshop done when I've been on service desk all day. I wasn't even on the floor, and no I don't care that it was only you and one other person in hardlines, this is normal for us. perhaps if you could tear yourself away from your conversation on your phone and stop chatting with the GSA about where you guys are going tonight and tomorrow night we would be gone by now. how you still have a job much less got promoted I'll never know.
Sincerely
Dying Sun

To whoever had the 'brilliant' idea to only schedule one hardlines person today, and just have me come in at 2, and the LOD who was pissed at me...you effing moron(s). Of course the store was a mess, you only had me in hardlines today, with no one there before me, and the vast majority of my shift, you had me on the checklanes, or answering calls all over the store, as well as covering every electronics break!

This sounds like how the majority of the sales floor feels at my store. I wish hours didn't suck so bad and guest driven scheduling weren't a thing.

To every GSTL and GSA in my store: Please, for the love of all that is holy, SPEEDWEAVE. There might be two lanes with nobody waiting, but the cashier whose line is 1+5 hit their button. And every lane had better be at least 1+1 if you're calling for back-ups. Utilize your own area's resources before you tap into other areas.

Amen! I couldn't agree more with that last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back