To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that new seasonal guy, I'm sure you all know the one - In the middle of bringing out a huge pallet, in the center of the main aisle, is probably not the time to stop in your tracks, whip out your phone, and start texting whoever the hell. I don't know if you noticed everyone staring, but you're probably going to get caught soon, and I'm gonna LOL.

At least learn to hide in the bathroom and text like the rest of us...

To my fellow flow team members who always gripes and groan that they don't get enough hours because of the new hired seasonal TM, when the ETL offers hours ,take some or just shut up. Today was no exception, 4 of us stayed (and only the seasonal TM did, even if everyone was asked) , we were only scheduled for 3 hrs this morning, I worked 7 and a half hours. For this week, I was only scheduled 11hrs and got 23hrs.

Good job! Most of our seasonal new hires never stay when requested but one or two will. Calimero, have you been trained for backroom? You could pick up more hours there also. After the push is done from the truck there's always backstock.

My biggest complaint at the moment is a socializing issue with our softlines girls. It's the last area to be finished from the push and the last area to be brought back to be backstocked. I'd really like to see them bring some of their backstock back earlier. It would also be nice if each area of backstock were in different repacks. Don't put mens with womens or girls with infants, etc. We have to sort them before we can backstock it.

Good job! Most of our seasonal new hires never stay when requested but one or two will. Calimero, have you been trained for backroom? You could pick up more hours there also. After the push is done from the truck there's always backstock.

My biggest complaint at the moment is a socializing issue with our softlines girls. It's the last area to be finished from the push and the last area to be brought back to be backstocked. I'd really like to see them bring some of their backstock back earlier. It would also be nice if each area of backstock were in different repacks. Don't put mens with womens or girls with infants, etc. We have to sort them before we can backstock it.

This is one of the many reasons why it's good to be cross-trained. When you understand how another area operates you can avoid doing things that make their job harder which makes you more popular with your coworkers :sun:.

This is one of the many reasons why it's good to be cross-trained. When you understand how another area operates you can avoid doing things that make their job harder which makes you more popular with your coworkers :sun:.

This!

I haven't been trained in backroom yet ,( they are pretty territorial in the backroom),but I am trained in SL/HL ,cashier,guest service .

To that one team member who closes guest service who sometimes helps organize the carts in the blue cartwell because guests just shoved them there and walked out while i was catching up bad out on the lot, THANK YOU SO MUCH. you make my night!

I totally agree. I occasionally push softlines & I make it a point to put mens together, infants together, etc. Most often I work H&B. I have a smart cart (3 tier cart as some stores call it) for HB01, another for HB02 and a third for pharmacy backstock. The people that help push it generally put it in the right carts. When they make an error I correct it before taking it back for backstocking. Until we got some newbies hired for backroom I was usually the one to backstock H&B so it made my job easier. Now it's easier for the newbie. :)

to that one team member, you are lazy, complain too much, talk too much about your personal life, and you are weird on so many levels....I have tolerated you because you make me look like super employee, but I think you should stop talking to be all together

To my ETL who watched as I was getting ripped by an old woman because all the working electric carts were in use: You watched as I apologized repeatedly & tried to explain that some were awaiting repair because of their non-stop use. After she finally walked away yelling how Target evidently "doesn't want her business" bad enough to provide working carts, you chided me for for responding with 'unnecessary information'; that I was not supposed to do anything but apologize.
You oughta be glad I didn't point you out to the woman & let YOU get the a$$-chewing instead but you were out of my line of vision until after it was over. Way to support your team - NOT!

to both of the other fitting room operators...I am so sick and tired of being the only one who does the job and hearing how the fitting room is the cushiest job in the store. I am tired of having to take soft lines hours to get any hours because of the screw up of our ETL's. In the time I have done the job I have had maybe a 2 hour time total when I didn't have something that had to be done for fitting room. I have taken my frustrations to the HR ETL and while there wasn't anything done before when I talked to our TL's (other than some very unprofessional comments) I hold out hope that maybe finally somebody has heard. If I didn't need this job so darn bad you would have won a long time ago because I would have quit.

To the tm who did a YAGE while I was talking to the LOD tonight.....hope you cool down enough to give proper notice...I would hate for you to have that on your resume...Quitting in green marker is so 2 years old.

To those team members that offered me kind words of encouragement that enabled me to stay at Target for as long as I did, thank you very much. Just being in any of your presence brightened up my day. Now that I am no longer with spot, I will miss all of you. Very, Very much.

Including both my gstl's, you two were nothing but kind hearted souls who I probably got along with the easiest at the store. The one who nicknamed me Justin after chucking something Bieber related at me, I won't forget that. I also won't forget the GTC you wrote me for getting a red card when you were closing one night. You even wrote Justin on it! Gives me a good laugh thinking about it.

To the cashier who comforted me after I broke that door back in march while doing carts: you kept me from breaking down and walking away from my job right then and there. I love you for it. And your tips on getting redcards were priceless. Thank you very much.

TO a certain GSA who has since left spot for another job: even though you were a raging b*tch at times, and I didn't always get along with you 100%, you knew how to do your job. That is why I miss you. And saying happy birthday to me the day after the fact was very nice. You were one of two people that day who said that to me. Thank you kindly.

To the Electronics TM's (both of you, yes), and the one sales floor team member who gets pidgeon holed into grocery, you brighten up my day. Because I know at any time either of you three are working, i can chirp on the walkie to tell you guys to go to 4, and say "umadbro?" and not get yelled at. (Gamers will get that one).

To the former cart attendant team trainer at my store who also has left spot, you were the first friend I made at that entire store. And this was on my 2nd or 3rd shift entirely working there. You are a good friend. I shall never forget you..

That's all for now.

To that HR lady, thank you for going out of your way in getting me an interpreter for the interviews, with a smile on your face. Thank you for making me feel special as in your excitement for having to go through the process of getting accommodations for me for the first time ever (as you said). Also thank you for coming to me after the interviews and telling me to come talk with you any time about any concerns/needs I may have after I get hired and started working. That was very sweet. :D

To the interviewers, thank you for your pleasantness and patience in dealing with "fresh out of college" sign language interpreter. She was very new at interpreting and her reception skills needed a lot of improvement (to say the least lol). I had to voice out my comments occasionally :blush: when the interpreter couldnt catch my signs.

To that TL who gave me the offer, thank you for your candid converstation and laughs we share. It made me feel excited to be part of the team.

To the VI: I know I rag on you a lot (mostly on here ;)), but I want to say "Thanks". You have been the ONLY RxTM to actually step up and cover my hours when I needed to take time off lately. I appreciate it :)

To the VI: I know I rag on you a lot (mostly on here ;)), but I want to say "Thanks". You have been the ONLY RxTM to actually step up and cover my hours when I needed to take time off lately. I appreciate it :)

Not such an idiot after all...:)

to those team members who today made a point of telling me they like it when I am back in the fitting room best....I so needed that this week (see my previous post).

To the one team member who always asks me how I am, in a non fake genuine way, almost every day without fail, no matter if I'm wide awake and won't shut up, or if I look like I just crawled out of a ditch, you're the best, don't forget it.

To the one team member who always asks me how I am, in a non fake genuine way, almost every day without fail, no matter if I'm wide awake and won't shut up, or if I look like I just crawled out of a ditch, you're the best, don't forget it.

I second this. Also the team members who asked me what was up if it was obvious I was having a bad day. Those TM's are worth their weight in gold and then some.

To my HR: Thank you for having a heart and not scheduling me on my 21st birthday. As it turns out, that jury duty I told you about ended up being that day, so thanks for the coincidence too.

To my GSTL/GSAs: Thank you for doing all my alcohol sales for me since I got hired. Now that I'm 21, I don't have to bother you about it anymore.

"Happy birthday!"

/me pours a virtual Guinness for Mr. Knownothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back