To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the archer farm idea person who came up with these monster trail mix cookie snack bites, you da real mvp! I replaced my snicker addiction (less sugar, so it's a good trade). Thank you. The serving size is a lie though, no one could stop at 4 pieces.

TTOTM: When you go to pull the 12's in the electronics stockroom after 3 of us have been backstocking the mess back there all morning, maybe ASK FOR HELP if you need it! Don't say "no, I got this" when you clearly don't.

Another TM finally checked the pull times at 12:50 and we all had to run over there and double up on the fillgroups you hadn't touched yet, just to barely finish at 12:59.

TTOTM: Please, for the love that is everything, when you go on your breaks, come back on time. Don't go over to market and start having a conversation with your wife. Its called a 15 minute break, not a thirty, and its a 30 minute lunch, not 50.

No, flow you are not allowed to take food from the break room home you lazy cheap fucks

Is it at all possible that they are really struggling financially and possibly have hungry kids at home? I mean yes, taking food home from the breakroom is wrong but jeez....you don't know their situation and that's some pretty harsh judgement right there.

It only takes one or two to give the team a bad name.
We were ON & I'd save the pastries I'd qmosed at night's end to put in the breakroom for the team.
Seems one early bird was packing it all up in a bag she brought & stowing it in her locker before the rest of the team got there.
It looked like we had to go back to tossing it all until I started wrapping everything & putting the bag in the ETL's office for him to pass out at breaktime.
I had a LOT of friends on flow ;)

Is it at all possible that they are really struggling financially and possibly have hungry kids at home? I mean yes, taking food home from the breakroom is wrong but jeez....you don't know their situation and that's some pretty harsh judgement right there.
Until the night crew wants to know where the food is and it was gone by 8am. Breakroom food is earned by tms, not to feed their families. Do I know people who are food insecure? Yes. But taking away from the team to feed your family is not the answer.

Until the night crew wants to know where the food is and it was gone by 8am. Breakroom food is earned by tms, not to feed their families. Do I know people who are food insecure? Yes. But taking away from the team to feed your family is not the answer.
I get that but calling an entire team "lazy cheap fucks"???

Okay. Too bad. I'm technically not supposed to put it in the break room anyways.

Numerous people on flow ask me "hey can you put X in the break room"

like they're asking for specific things.

I doubt it's for their families.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't put it that way. But on the wrong day it wouldn't be much nicer. After you've missed out on so much it gets ugly fast.

Because it goes from getting nothing because the lod is too lazy to grill to "all the burgers got taken home already" in less than an hour. And there's often still a full 8hr shift left to come in.

Ha. Last Thanksgiving, a bunch of us went to go for a break and watched one woman from flow take an entire tray out of the store to bring home. Another went out to the floor, bought Tupperware, and then filled 8 containers and left.

I'm sorry. If your family is struggling at home, say something. I would have no problem buying (hell, PREPARING) an entire meal for them. But don't take the only food some team members will have access to for a while. It's not yours.

TTOWSLT (To That One Whole Softlines Team) - Why do you guys not do your jobs? Every one of you had walkies, and the LOD was calling out "Softlines, you have a diapers pull on the line, someone come grab it!" every 5-6 minutes because nobody ever came to grab it, even after they had their names called. My LOD actually asked me to go and hunt down a SL TM because no one was responding on walkie. And what do I find, but two TM's in shoes watching videos on their phone. With their walkies on. I just... it boggles my mind how they have not been fired. I'm certain that the LOD coached at least 4 Softlines TM's today, and she fucking LIT UP the SLTL over channel 1 too.

Also, please don't bitch about how it's unfair that Hardlines and the cashiers get out earlier than you do on a closing night. You guys sit around and pretend like you're doing work, until 10PM rolls around and you're like "Oh shit, we have 5 carts of reshop; maybe I should do my job." I'm sure it's not like this at most stores, but Softlines is a fucked up workcenter in my store. I'm pretty sure the only reason that we still have these incompetent workers is because no one will take the job. It's just so frustrating. And then you come into the breakroom all, "God, I just have so much work to do, it never ends!" BITCH, we're 25 redcards away from goal (that just got bumped up and is going up another 10 redcards next week) on the last day of the sales week, and it's one of the busiest days I have worked in weeks and you have the cojones to say that all the GSA does is stand at the break schedule and boss people around?

GRRRR

TTOWSLT (To That One Whole Softlines Team) - Why do you guys not do your jobs?

Also, please don't bitch about how it's unfair that Hardlines and the cashiers get out earlier than you do on a closing night.

The Softlines team in my store ignores their walkies too, and even though they never come close to finishing their work, their closing team always leaves like 10-15 minutes early. God forbid we ever ask them to push a Z or watch a callbox for a HLTM that's on a break. They're too busy in the fitting room texting or gossiping about everyone in the store. I really respect our SLTL, but she needs to crackdown on the laziness of the closing team.

If our Flow team wasn't such a bunch of pigs I might side with you. But if you are hungry or need to save food, you might not want to leave gallons of ice cream out to the point soup is thicker or you half eaten pizza next to the 2L bottles of soda left to go flat for us on dayside to clean up in order to have a place to sit.

My personal favorite was PB&J sandwich stuffed in the clear X-mas tree ornament bulbs.. And the PB&J was a treat for overnight.

Last edited:
You guys make your softlines team finish everything before they leave? Lolol. We could not have a single conversation all day and we'd still never be done at 11. And if we were one of those stay after stores, we'd be there another 4 hours almost every other night. Probably depends on your store and how things get shopped there, but it's way easier to finish most hardlines areas. I don't feel like an ass saying that because the hardlines people (and the two who have worked both) in my store have all agreed that sl is impossible.

To anyone who ever pushes anything to a shoe wall, stop creating these damn avalanche prone peghook situations. And leave space on the ones that hold two sizes for the other size. Had to take more shoes to the back last night than I even started with.

TTO-ETL

I just found out that you left us. Apparently, you mentioned you were leaving at the Team Huddle, which I rarely attend. Good luck in your future endeavors. Another good one gone.

TTO-TL
You ran the Bakery team for a few years. Thank you for all those delicious baked goods from your department. It's sad that another veteran TL/ETL is leaving.

You guys make your softlines team finish everything before they leave? Lolol. We could not have a single conversation all day and we'd still never be done at 11. And if we were one of those stay after stores, we'd be there another 4 hours almost every other night. Probably depends on your store and how things get shopped there, but it's way easier to finish most hardlines areas. I don't feel like an ass saying that because the hardlines people (and the two who have worked both) in my store have all agreed that sl is impossible.

Nah, I definitely don't expect them to finish everything. When I was in SL I quickly realized it was indeed impossible. I do expect them to at least put in effort though. Not leave 15 minutes early when the zone looks like crap because of stuff that only requires minor touchups.

TTOETL: Why are they moving you from the position you barely knew to one you definitely don't know? I really don't look forward to working under you at all and long for the day when I can return to Flex.

TTOGSA: I told you I was going to the back to pull down a pallet of bags before you went home. Not 2 minutes later, you called me on the walkie asking where I was because "I'm getting ready to go home." Sorry I'm not super man and can't get bags brought up in under 3 minutes.

TTOLOD: Thanks for having my back and responding to previously mentioned GSA telling them that it takes more than a minute and a half to get bags down.

TTOETL: You sprained your ankle/messed up the ligaments a good bit and yet you still managed to stay as happy/positive as always while using crutches all day (and even a wheelchair at one point). There's seriously nothing that you can't pull off while still staying positive, it's really respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back