To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the entire instocks team:

Go fornicate with yourselves

Sincerely, PullMonkey

We all need to work together and help everyone as a team. Don't think of it as working for Target, not one bit at all.

Think of it as simply working.

Every one of us applied for this job, so all of us should be glad we were hired.

I am.

And I'll help you with anything I can if I know how to do it. Just ask me...

This is better than digging ditches! :>)

To My Leadership:

Of course, my dept looks the way it does. I did salesplanners for 3 of my 4 days in the dept, and I kept getting pulled to do other stuff for ETLs that I never got to do any 4x4s for two weeks. I still get pulled a lot. Plus, plano fake tied a lot of aisles so how can those who do CAFs or those in flow do their job well? From now I am gonna try and be a little bit selfish.

Last edited:
TTOTM: I don't know who you are, as I didn't bother looking at the grid, but who ever you are, you are a dick. You called out, for apparently not the first time, leaving one person in all of hardlines after 7 pm on Sunday. Yes, one person to cover all of Consumables, Toys, Paper/Pets/Chem, Domestics, and HBA.
I felt so bad for the TM, and I weren't losing my mind trying to track 4 different suspicious subjects alone, I would have helped with reshopping.
TTOtherTM: Great job Sunday night. You were alone after 7, other than Electronics, but you didn't get phased.
TTOCashier: awesome job catching all the ticket switching. It is really appreciated, and it has not gone un-noticed (by AP, anyway, your ETL not-withstanding). If you are ever interested in transferring into AP, I would advocate for you.

Corporate has really been coming down on AP hard to get BOB and LISA PMR's and to make sure that all the cashiers are checking BOB and LISA every single time. It's to the point that our APBP has emailed my ETL asking for each of us to get at least one BOB or LISA case every week, which is nigh impossible, as all my cashiers are good at checking BOB and LISA, and few subjects try to walk a cart of stuff through the registers at my store, if they're trying to steal stuff, they tend to try pushing out altogether or concealing in a purse or bag.
As for the coupon policy, that's the GSTL's responsibility to train everyone on. It frustrates me seeing couponers, and if I see/hear something obviously incorrect, I will interject, but I normally get the GSTL's attention, and there is only one who actually stands up to the couponers, the rest, including the etl-ge, all roll over.
That...explains a lot. I thought the new AP guy we hired was just really really passionate about BOB and LISA. What even counts as a BOB/LISA case? Something obviously being stolen? Every now and then I get small items like a little plushie or a spoon in bins and it just seems like something that fell in.

Unfortunately here the GSTLs and..most everyone except a couple tend to roll over too. Or they're too busy to come over and just tell them to take it. Since I can't just leave my lane to help someone being targeted by a couponer it's really frustrating being so helpless.

Which also leads me to...

TToTM-

hol y hshit shily shit ho ly sholy sHIT HOW COULD YOU JUST TAKE THAT GIANT FUCKING WAD OF COUPONS FROM THE COUPONER AND /ACCEPT EVERYTHING/ YOU OVERRODE EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. She went from over 300 dollars to under 30 and I was off for the day. It hurt so bad to watch I never want to see you up at a register again thank

To that one ETL: If you want anyone in the store to respect you, you might want to consider being respectful to them, even if they're your subordinates. It also helps when you don't accuse people of doing things they didn't do.

Well, since it's not a Target cart, I suppose one could argue that it's a guest.

My store is in a plaza, so we get a lot of "foreign" carts in our lot too. It always makes me laugh when I see a guest walking through the store with a cart from Babies R Us.

Mine is in a plaza as well. Seeing a BB&B cart at our Target is very odd. The BB&B is like a mile on the other side of the plaza - no kidding. Someone is either a joker or takes their shopping *way* too seriously.

ttotm- I don't know why its so hard. Frozen food stays in the freezer NOT in the cooler. Better yet if you would actually push the auto fills when you pull them...you wouldn't have to worry about it . Over the last two days I have qmosed almost a three tier cart full of frozen food.....left in the walk in cooler. STOP FLIRTING AND DO YOUR JOB!

To Corporate: can you PLEASE send something out to ALL the stores regarding the TM discount. I'm on vacation in another state and was told by the cashier that "your discount is only good at YOUR store & cannot be used on alcohol purchases." I had to call for a GSTL, who also said the same thing, then I called for the LOD, who verified that, no, it's good at ANY Target on ANY merchandise. If it was a small purchase, I wouldn't have made a big deal, but I had over $200 in merchandise and we drove out of our way to go to Target.

To that one tl, girl, idk any of the gossip. I'm the last person to ask lol. There was a time when gossip often reached me, but my gossip connections are gone... And even back then, I didn't *want* to know anything. "My name is Bennett and I ain't in it"

To that one tm, we don't have to say good morning the moment we see each other. We can wait until I've removed my disguise and earbuds because I'm still in that time period before work where I'm pretending to just be a random person shopping for pb&j oatmeal while obnoxiously drumming and humming along to Justin Bieber

TToTL

Who even are you that you asked if I'm cashier trained. You knew the newbie though?? Asked her to go to backup for cashier??? And just looked at me like "...are you cashier trained?" smh. Like every TL even ones I've never interacted with know me by name and what I do (see: cashier)

Also I'm slightly insulted that you were surprised when I got through my zones very quickly when I told you my strength was zoning like did you think I was lying or something. I did a caf, the (apparent hellhole) stationary, and all of seasonal with about an hour total of backup and still had time to sort a cart at guest services and help out a fellow TM with her zone. Also, it would be nice to get just a little bit of appreciation for my work instead of "cool now do this."

TToTM

You're so welcome for the help, that whole huge ass decor section is way too much for one person to zone like damn. You can also think of it as thanks for the times you come to backup the front lanes ;3

TToCA

You da real MVP, retired and hadn't worked for 25 years and you're pushing carts. It's taking a lot out of you, but we're always so short on a CA that I really appreciate what you do. Also can appreciate you appreciating my zones.

TTOTM: No, I will not mind my own business. You're too busy trying to push a REDcard and not trying to help the guest out in other ways. She told you three times she didn't want to sign up for the card. I told you that there were coupons in the ad that she could use for her home purchase. You ignored me. Don't get mad when I pull the guest over and scan the coupons for her and give her some cash back. Scared because she might have a survey on the bottom of the receipt (too bad she didn't) -- too fucking bad. Next time, try to help the guest IN ALL WAYS POSSIBLE. Yes, she filled out a card for my helping her out. You mad?

Tru vibe, that.
Reminds me of when a guest asked if we carried a home product.
We didn't but I told her who did & a TM asked me why I told them someplace else to find what they were looking for.
It's helping a guest vs trying to sell them what they don't need (which will likely be returned).
Also, product knowledge doesn't stop at the door & that guest will likely remember your help if you directed them to the right source.

Tru vibe, that.
We didn't but I told her who did & a TM asked me why I told them someplace else to find what they were looking for.
It's helping a guest vs trying to sell them what they don't need (which will likely be returned).
Also, product knowledge doesn't stop at the door & that guest will likely remember your help if you directed them to the right source.

This X10!!!!!

TTOVMTL: I still don't like your attitude, but when asked who you preferred working with out of the brand TMs, not only did you say me, but you also chose me to be the one to gain the additional 16 hours a week, thus making me full time (until Christmas), for the seasonal brand position. Thank you!

TTOGSTM: I get it. You're mad that we're treated differently. But there's a reason for that. Maybe try being a little more....open? Friendly? Human?

To all 'dem seasonal hires: Please, before dragging me back to the main stockroom to pull something, check to see if it actually exists there. Granted, sometimes there are unlocated items back there, but 9 times out of 10 if it says there's nothing in the back, there's nont.

I'd write you one, @sher!

Speaking of which...TTO front end management team -- NONE OF YOU write out You cards (or Vibe cards for that matter). I mentioned to one GSTL on Tuesday and I will mention it to the other GSTL who actually will listen to me. But it would be wonderful if your front end got recognized every now and then. And I'm not talking about myself. There are a lot of folks up there who put in hard work. And I best not see You cards complimenting each other or it'll be ON.

Tru vibe, that.
We had an etl/hr that told us we weren't to suggest another store if the guest wanted something we didn't carry. Like if they wanted something like cross stitch supplies, etc. and telling them to go to Hobby Lobby. It never made sense to me. Then months later I actually heard her tell a guest to go check out another store for something we didn't carry. Talk about mixed messages.

We had an etl/hr that told us we weren't to suggest another store if the guest wanted something we didn't carry. Like if they wanted something like cross stitch supplies, etc. and telling them to go to Hobby Lobby. It never made sense to me. Then months later I actually heard her tell a guest to go check out another store for something we didn't carry. Talk about mixed messages.

I once had an ETL suggest that a guest try looking at Walmart for the item he was trying to find. He told me to cover my ears before he said it.

But he was joking.

TTOETLGE: Thanks for actually taking my You card suggestion seriously! It's nice to see the front end get some recognition on the board!

TToSrTL

Thank you for being the source of the only semblance of training I've gotten during my first three hardlines shifts. First shift I was told to zone and thrown to the dogs otherwise. Second I was given a caf and mydevice and thrown to the wolves. Nothing on where the hell the cardboard goes or how to use a mydevice. Unfortunately for me, I'm not the type to constantly ask for help over a walkie. Fortunately for me, I survived the shifts (and they were still fun!). Finally on the third shift you were there and were constantly checking up on me, giving me advice, showing me how to work things and everything went a lot smoother and I appreciate that especially since the night was busy and you were constantly running around everywhere.

P.S I totally appreciate the compliment calling me a great cashier too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back