To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby, you had a freakin' CLASS yesterday! lol

I did...I told them the last time I taught the "students" were a lot younger (I have taught Sunday school(nursery-6th grade and preschool):tehe: I also told them that I hope that they don't take this wrong way but I hoped never to hear from them....it means I did my job right!!

To the person who wraps the signing pallets -- are you f-cking kidding me?
The signing you crushed this time was stuff I had to order because one of your cohorts did the very same thing the last time it was shipped to me.
This is ridiculous.

To the person who left a shopping cart with more then a dozen softline shelves in the fixture room.
The damn thing tipped over and nearly took someones foot off -- great job.
The next time that happens I'm not going to just talk to your TL. I'm going to find you and drag you back by your hair.

To the nameless sod who decided to we should do cosmetics and just about every softlines set in the same week.
May you come down with a very nasty cold that lasts for the entire summer.

Last edited:
To the person who wraps the signing pallets -- are you f-cking kidding me?
The signing you crushed this time was stuff I had to order because one of your cohorts did the very same thing the last time it was shipped to me.
This is ridiculous.

To the person who left a shopping cart with more then a dozen softline shelves in the fixture room.
The damn thing tipped over and nearly took someones foot off -- great job.
The next time that happens I'm not going to just talk to your TL. I'm going to find you and drag you back by your hair.

To the nameless sod who decided to we should do cosmetics and just about every softlines set in the same week.
My you come down with a very nasty cold that lasts for the entire summer.

THIS. 500 hours, 498 hours, 501 hours, 83 hours. WTF. thanks for giving all our payroll away so now my team will get 10 hours a week for the next two months. its not so much the down time, but the fact we have to train idiots to help us with our job one week because it's CRUCIAL that cosmetics, shoes, boys/girls, lingerie, and mens all be set, and then in thanks, you get ten hours the next six weeks and risk losing your benefits.

To that team member on the flow team ,please put a belt to hold your pants ! You are mooning me everytime you bend down ...
To that TM ,stop flirting with the male tls ,it is of poor taste ,and please do your work ! And no ,the guys won't take over the day you have trash duty ....
Stl ,I appreciate you offering me to get trained in the jewelry /accessories area ,but you are sending me in the line of fire ! Only one other Tm is doing that job ,and she likes to have over 30hrs a week,and brags about it !!!!!and she can be mean...

Sales floor TM ,could you actually zone the place at night? And stop flexing everything .... On truck days ,I put one bottle of vitamin on the shelf and remove 8 wrong ones ...

Market TL ,you are doing a lousy job !!!everyone knows it !!!! I found 13 expired boxes of granola bars ( dec 2011) . Stop asking tm to your job ,you had 2 endcaps to do ,fill the cooler with the milk ! I ended up doing 1 endcap and the milk ( by the way working 12 hrs a day doesn't appeal to me !!! But was cornered by the stl ,because you didn't do your job!)

Tm electronic ,go back to your electronic zone and leave me alone ! I know my schedule ,I was supposed to be out by 2.30 pm ,but the ETL told me to stay until done !!!and I was done by 3 pm ....

Wow ,what a week at my target !!!!!

To my fellow softlines team member, just because you are one month pregnant does not mean you have the right to be moody and nasty to everyone. Stop looking to pick fights with anyone who so much as looks at you funny. It is not your job to stop your feet and scream when you think someone has managed to pick up too much foreign during their zone. You are extremely annoying and proving yourself extremely mature. And stop complaining that your feet and back hurt every shift! I don't know why the ETLs have let you leave early for almost every shift this week. Other than being slightly pregnant, you are a healthy twenty year old. You should be able to be on your feet for more than four hours without a stream of whining pouring out of your mouth.

And no, just because you are pregnant does not give you the write to be nasty or whine. Tell that to as many people as yo like - no one is believing you.

To the seasonal tm that was hired on... Why oh why is it that I (who is 10 years older and has breaking body) can do 2 to 3 autofills, a cart of reshop, back up cashier and figure out a break schedule in the time it takes you to do 1? Oh, yes, that would be because you stop and chat with your friends for 20 minutes at a time! It's one thing if you kept putting stuff away while talking or even zone the area that you are in, but really... must you LEAN against the tub and have a heart to heart??? Seriously, do you not see the hoards of people walking through the store? Do you not hear ANYTHING on the walkie? Oh wait, you must also have missed me walking past you 3 separate times to go up to the check lanes. ARGH!!!! Well... today, I made sure that you were noticed by the Sr. TL. Good luck!

That srtl & tm will have a chat! Doing what needed to be done was important. Solving the problem, fix it & then complaining leads to a solution on a tm or tl depending on lod, tl, or srtl.

to the FRO who called out today (and last night for the sales floor)....please just quit. You c/o more shifts than you are here
to the two team members who came into work but couldn't actually be bothered to actually do work (one went home less than 2 hours into her shift complaining of being sick to the LOD (she told me it was because it smelled like spaghettio's in the store. The other never actually set foot in softlines). Please see above and know that I told the LOD of your actions.

to the team member who called out.....again see first sentence. You had so much promise, it's disappointing.
to the team member who NCNS please quit even when you show up don't actually work.
These all happened today and all in softlines....leaving one team member on the floor and myself at the fitting room where I was slammed from 2 until 9 with people trying on clothes. This leads me to:
To the LOD-thank you for once again helping us in softlines. But it is really your fault this happens(she happens to close EVERY time this happens). This LOD has become a favorite of mine, but I am one of the few TM's who do like her.
to the HL TL- just because I said I would zone shoes does NOT mean I can do it right that minute. Imagine the pilferage that would have happened if I had left the fitting room unattended. Nor does it mean that I can also fold the table just because they are close to the fitting room.
to my partner in crime AKA the one who showed up-thanks for stepping up and covering my break. I know you aren't comfortable at the fitting room but you did better than some!! We so deserve the hazard pay I asked the LOD for tonight. It seems to be you and I who end up doing these nights together.
To HR: see why we have a high turnover rate in SL? The ones who work are overworked and under appreciated and then you have the others. These are also good ones to prove that you are trying to institute a fair attendance policy across the board.

Last edited:
That srtl & tm will have a chat! Doing what needed to be done was important. Solving the problem, fix it & then complaining leads to a solution on a tm or tl depending on lod, tl, or srtl.
This is the same srtl that gave me the "you need to learn to walk and talk" feedback. And believe me, I did. So just sharing the love :sarcastic:

to the FRO who called out today (and last night for the sales floor)....please just quit. You c/o more shifts than you are here
to the two team members who came into work but couldn't actually be bothered to actually do work (one went home less than 2 hours into her shift complaining of being sick to the LOD (she told me it was because it smelled like spaghettio's in the store. The other never actually set foot in softlines). Please see above and know that I told the LOD of your actions.

to the team member who called out.....again see first sentence. You had so much promise, it's disappointing.
to the team member who NCNS please quit even when you show up don't actually work.
These all happened today and all in softlines....leaving one team member on the floor and myself at the fitting room where I was slammed from 2 until 9 with people trying on clothes. This leads me to:
To the LOD-thank you for once again helping us in softlines. But it is really your fault this happens(she happens to close EVERY time this happens). This LOD has become a favorite of mine, but I am one of the few TM's who do like her.
to the HL TL- just because I said I would zone shoes does NOT mean I can do it right that minute. Imagine the pilferage that would have happened if I had left the fitting room unattended. Nor does it mean that I can also fold the table just because they are close to the fitting room.
to my partner in crime AKA the one who showed up-thanks for stepping up and covering my break. I know you aren't comfortable at the fitting room but you did better than some!! We so deserve the hazard pay I asked the LOD for tonight. It seems to be you and I who end up doing these nights together.
To HR: see why we have a high turnover rate in SL? The ones who work are overworked and under appreciated and then you have the others. These are also good ones to prove that you are trying to institute a fair attendance policy across the board.

This, OMG. Do you work at my store?? :) I didn't work yesterday, but we had FOURTEEN call outs. I was fitting room this morning and it looked like a bomb had gone off. I spent four and a half hours of my shift sorting through five and a half carts of softlines reshop. Luckily someone came in at 10 to help me. They still had two full z racks and three full carts when I left at 3:30. SL turnover is HUGE in my store - I've been trying to get away from FRO for over a year now and for the most part I have (thanks to getting cross trained in comp shop and backroom) but every now and then I get a shift. Then this happens. I swear, the LODs just pretend that SL is fine on weekends when it's actually our worst time. :( Most of the operators I've worked with have either quit or moved to other areas of the store. It's only a wish for me to move - even when I got my photo spot I was still in the FR more than photo. They just won't let me get away from it.

My rant for today: hey, SrTL, I am NOT going to zone men's. I am the AM operator and I've had a steady stream of guest traffic into the fitting rooms since 10am. We keep saying we need to cut down on theft in the FR but pulling me away from the desk to zone (and be behind three convertibles so I can't even SEE the FR) during a busy time...SO NOT HAPPENING. I talked with our TPS and she agreed that I should stay at the FR. I'm sorry your night operators don't zone. I also don't understand how we can have payroll yet you won't call anyone in when other people call out...

This, OMG. Do you work at my store?? :) I didn't work yesterday, but we had FOURTEEN call outs. I was fitting room this morning and it looked like a bomb had gone off. I spent four and a half hours of my shift sorting through five and a half carts of softlines reshop. Luckily someone came in at 10 to help me. They still had two full z racks and three full carts when I left at 3:30. SL turnover is HUGE in my store - I've been trying to get away from FRO for over a year now and for the most part I have (thanks to getting cross trained in comp shop and backroom) but every now and then I get a shift. Then this happens. I swear, the LODs just pretend that SL is fine on weekends when it's actually our worst time. :( Most of the operators I've worked with have either quit or moved to other areas of the store. It's only a wish for me to move - even when I got my photo spot I was still in the FR more than photo. They just won't let me get away from it.

My rant for today: hey, SrTL, I am NOT going to zone men's. I am the AM operator and I've had a steady stream of guest traffic into the fitting rooms since 10am. We keep saying we need to cut down on theft in the FR but pulling me away from the desk to zone (and be behind three convertibles so I can't even SEE the FR) during a busy time...SO NOT HAPPENING. I talked with our TPS and she agreed that I should stay at the FR. I'm sorry your night operators don't zone. I also don't understand how we can have payroll yet you won't call anyone in when other people call out...

the part that ticks me off is supposedly all of the LODS (and our district muckety muck) know about the problem but hardly ever call people in because there just not enough softlines team members. We had another call out tonight...I hope she is okay she is one of the good ones. I had to call in because I was running late tonight. About told the LOD at the time to tell the closing LOD (one from last night :p ) that I was calling out....yup I have one sick sense of humor.
to the opening FRO and those who cover breaks...bless you for covering but that 20-45 minutes I am gone is not sit on your hiney and text on your phone or read a magazine time. Is it any wonder the pilferage we've had the last two nights come from your covering time?
LOD's please just enforce the no cell phone and reading materials rules at the fitting room (and cell phones on the sales floor....I wanted to smack the cell phones out of nearly everybody's hands tonight)

I am so thrilled to have the day off tomorrow...my feet and mental health need the break.

To my leadership (other than the brand new GSTL): thank you for giving me another opportunity to gain some experience on the sales floor and for being patient with me. I know there was a lot of reshop in hardlines and I didn't get through a whole lot of it, but I spent about half of my shift at the lanes. After all, I was actually scheduled to cash.

LOD's please just enforce the no cell phone and reading materials rules at the fitting room (and cell phones on the sales floor....I wanted to smack the cell phones out of nearly everybody's hands tonight)

We constantly have issues with phones. They'll say something and then it goes away, but it always comes back. Luckily, a few of the repeat offenders have quit doing it or are so good at hiding it that I don't notice. :D

What also irritates me is that they (and I'm not exactly sure who "they" are, but it's someone) seem to think we need less people on a Sunday when we're just as busy as Saturday. As always, HL has more people than SL and when they finish zone they wander over, ask why we're not done, and then wander away. Cool, thanks, you could help with reshop or something...

We constantly have issues with phones. They'll say something and then it goes away, but it always comes back. Luckily, a few of the repeat offenders have quit doing it or are so good at hiding it that I don't notice. :D

What also irritates me is that they (and I'm not exactly sure who "they" are, but it's someone) seem to think we need less people on a Sunday when we're just as busy as Saturday. As always, HL has more people than SL and when they finish zone they wander over, ask why we're not done, and then wander away. Cool, thanks, you could help with reshop or something...

Cell phones drive me nuts! We were told, no cell phones on the floor. We were also told that if we wanted to listen to music before the store opened or after closing, we may use an MP3 player not a cell phone. I have yet to see that enforced. And how can you enforced no cell phones when the execs all have theirs?!

As for helping out... get the LOD involved, ask for specific things to be done. Ask if HL's can do your reshop or if they could finish up zoning a specific area while SL finishes reshop (SL is always faster at doing their reshop). I've noticed saying "i need help" gets nothing. Saying I need help with x, y, z and having reasons behind the request works.

R
To my leadership (other than the brand new GSTL): thank you for giving me another opportunity to gain some experience on the sales floor and for being patient with me. I know there was a lot of reshop in hardlines and I didn't get through a whole lot of it, but I spent about half of my shift at the lanes. After all, I was actually scheduled to cash.

Gtc to you, mr k. Think of this way, more guests & sales out the door, you will get more hours & tm's for your team. When on sf, figure out who rings the faster & gets their zone done. At my store, we have about 3 tm's who do that, everytime they work.

Cell phones drive me nuts! We were told, no cell phones on the floor. We were also told that if we wanted to listen to music before the store opened or after closing, we may use an MP3 player not a cell phone. I have yet to see that enforced. And how can you enforced no cell phones when the execs all have theirs?!

As for helping out... get the LOD involved, ask for specific things to be done. Ask if HL's can do your reshop or if they could finish up zoning a specific area while SL finishes reshop (SL is always faster at doing their reshop). I've noticed saying "i need help" gets nothing. Saying I need help with x, y, z and having reasons behind the request works.
My hl team finishes early, we go over & fold tables, do infant ganodlas, & finger spacing. We let the ladies do reshop, beacuse we are way too slow. Communicating is important, talking to tl or lod early, will get you some help.

My hl team finishes early, we go over & fold tables, do infant ganodlas, & finger spacing. We let the ladies do reshop, beacuse we are way too slow. Communicating is important, talking to tl or lod early, will get you some help.

our hardlines team members get infant hardlines and shoes usually!! They hate shoes as much as I do (right now...I actually like shoes most of the time) But they usually also don't go up for back up unless called out so what's a little zoning among deadbeats?

We usually have the Electronics tm take care of infant gondolas or we decide at huddle if SL is going to do it. All of our closing tm's have gotten into the habit of whenever they finish up, checking in and helping out where ever is needed. We all leave together so we get out earlier if we all do everything.

We usually have the Electronics tm take care of infant gondolas or we decide at huddle if SL is going to do it. All of our closing tm's have gotten into the habit of whenever they finish up, checking in and helping out where ever is needed. We all leave together so we get out earlier if we all do everything.

A great example of team effort!

our hardlines team members get infant hardlines and shoes usually!! They hate shoes as much as I do (right now...I actually like shoes most of the time) But they usually also don't go up for back up unless called out so what's a little zoning among deadbeats?

If they are in hba, they better go up. Very close to lanes. Shoes, my team does ok.

to the day shift softlines team-WHAT THE HELL did you do today? We left 3 carts of SORTED reshop last night and came into (at 4:00) countless sorted and unsorted carts. We get blamed when the zone doesn't get done AND all of the reshop with 3 on the floor doing back up.....it would be nice if you could do ANY of the reshop. You all have more hours and people to do what needs to be done so what happens? I hated leaving the fitting room with so much undone (kids clothes needed hanging, a few needing tags, etc.) but when 2 out of the 3 TM's working tonight bring back "crap" carts and so many people trying clothes on I was amazed I got that much done.

to all of you who read and respond to these vents-THANK YOU!!! Can you tell I need a vacation?? (it will be interesting to see who they get for the vacation I have scheduled the week before Easter)

Babytrees! I hear ya... There were times I'd walk in to open and the zone looked like who did it and ran, and reshop was overflowing (and incorrectly sorted). I've also had times where I've gone in at 5 pm, had 7 autofills on the line, untouched reshop and a zone that each and every guest must have touched every single item. Makes you wonder!

The closing team being dumped on seems to be an ongoing problem at many of our stores.

Its a vicious cycle. Both opening and closing teams have to do a good job to set the other team up. I know at my store the opening salesfloor hours are nothing. There is usually 1 person working 8-2:30 and most times someone coming in from like 12-4 or so and the closing TL shift coming in at 2. It seems we have only one operator recently working 12-9 or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back