To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-reading this, this was probably a better answer, except then I wouldn't be able to speedweave or help out with any issues. So maybe it's not a better answer. I can't tell. I'm mad. Sorry for the double post.
You did the right thing by calling for fast service.

When I'm LOD, I always ask the GSA/GSTL to never bury themselves behind GS. Takes me too long to get them back off & I need them running the lanes.

I'll come up for back up & bring the entire salesfloor with me if necessary, but please don't make me run the lanes!!! :(

To that one LOD: After how much stuff got pulled in the 3:00 CAFs, there's no chance I would even consider dropping manuals. So I don't need you to tell me not to.

When I was in Italy, there were a couple of guys making lewd comments about me and a friend. The look on their faces when I responded in perfect Italian was priceless. :cool:
In college i got a group of cleaners fired. I went to a fancy college...you probably shouldn't talk crap in Spanish and just assume the white girl can't understand. Since she's pretty fluent in Spanish and French...lol. Tracked down the manager and they were let go on the spot. He said he expected way better for $15/hr and that was in 1999.

Another GSTL leaves my store. Another good one gone. It's like we rotate our GSTLs and GSAs every couple of months. The person found a better opportunity. Good luck.

Ttoetl-dude I can only do so much between me and another tm. We've got eight doors if frozen to demerch, set, and repush to the opposite aisle. I haven't done my own job for more than 4hrs in almost a fucking month. You DO NOT want me to email the dtl for a chance to status...seriously.

Ttoetl-dude I can only do so much between me and another tm. We've got eight doors if frozen to demerch, set, and repush to the opposite aisle. I haven't done my own job for more than 4hrs in almost a fucking month. You DO NOT want me to email the dtl for a chance to status...seriously.

Yeah it makes ETLs shit bricks when it happens.

TTO(former)ETL: Thanks for thinking I could do more. I don't really want to move up here, but it meant a lot that you offered me the opportunity and genuinely thought I would be the person for that position.

TTO(new)ETL: Fuck you. You are the only reason I said no to that position. I don't want to have to deal with you and your BS anymore than I already do. Hopefully you being our new ETL won't last long, you are nothing compared to the last ETL and your condescending attitude does not help you at all. I hope the next time you close all the good closers call in and you are left with the people who should have been cut after Christmas so that you will actually have to leave your office and do something for once. I won't mind cleaning up the next day if it means you got screwed over.

I hated when I was a HR manager and new TM would complain that I was being a Nazi. They would shut up real fast when they learned that I was HR and when I gracefully adjusted my Star of David necklace. You can only imagine what kind of conversation we had next...
If I had those kind of things said to me, oh man id be taking off my hat and adjust my Kippah, and allow my tzitzits to dangle and Id say "now what were you saying I was...?"

19789999.jpg

Hey, presentation team: It's your responsibility to be putting out new release product in electronics. So how come when I work on Tuesdays and Fridays I'm almost always putting out the new stuff, regardless of when I'm coming in for my shift? There have even been times when I had Tuesday and Wednesday off and I come in Thursday and none of the new video games that were supposed to be out Tuesday are out, because I seem to be the only presentation or electronics TM who gives a squirt of crap about it. I tell your team lead and my team lead every week that this continues to happen and nothing changes. I don't know what to do at this point.

To that one fellow electronics TM: Hey, I know when I started here from my other store you complained to our team lead that I "left the electronics boat a mess" when I accidentally left a few reshop items on the counter. I forgot I had put them there because I was helping a lot of guests. I got a warning for that. It may be petty, but I got a lot of pleasure out of showing our team lead the complete pigsty you left the electronics boat, while also letting him know that you abandoned shift 20 minutes early for no apparent reason. I mean, nothing will come of it since you're one of his favorites, but he sure wasn't happy with you.

To everyone in my store: helping guests on the phone is EVERYONE'S responsibility. Is it annoying to have to help people who aren't actually there in front of you? Yes. Do guests on the phone sometimes have unreasonable expectations? Yes. Do they sometimes want large items that require a flatbed to be put on hold? Yes. Do I and the other operators ask for your help to be annoying or because we're lazy? NO. So lose the attitude and help out when asked.

This includes hardlines/electronics, market, guest service, and backroom.

To everyone in my store: helping guests on the phone is EVERYONE'S responsibility. Is it annoying to have to help people who aren't actually there in front of you? Yes. Do guests on the phone sometimes have unreasonable expectations? Yes. Do they sometimes want large items that require a flatbed to be put on hold? Yes. Do I and the other operators ask for your help to be annoying or because we're lazy? NO. So lose the attitude and help out when asked.

This includes hardlines/electronics, market, guest service, and backroom.

There is a converse to this. I doubt this problem is confined only to my store, but operators: please understand that I (and most of my fellow electronics people) do my best to get to the phone in a timely manner, however when I'm the only person on the entire Electronics side of the store and I've got five guests waiting, running 2 registers at once, the guest on the phone will have to wait a bit longer. To continue announcing the call is fine, I get that, but to respond with snark and passive-aggressiveness ("Well LOD, SOMEBODY needs to get this call and (my name) doesn't want to do his job") when I say that I'm the only one here and I have a line of guests is unprofessional. This is not all operators, and to the ones that realize that we have a workload too, and sometimes can't get to a phone in ten seconds, I salute you. Also, do not EVER give my name out to a guest before I've even picked up the call. (You know who you are, TTOOperator, and I know who you are.)

Sorry to ask a stupid question... but should I go to HR even if it was through GroupMe? I'm just afraid they won't be able to do anything about it...
Yes - even if it was through group me. Either way its inappropriate. I suggest going to HR since you are clearly not okay with it. Good luck :)

To continue announcing the call is fine, I get that, but to respond with snark and passive-aggressiveness ("Well LOD, SOMEBODY needs to get this call and (my name) doesn't want to do his job") when I say that I'm the only one here and I have a line of guests is unprofessional.

I would never say a TM wasn't doing their job. However, we tend to have TMs who come up with excuses to avoid answering the phone. And when I am operator the ONLY time I transfer a call is to electronics, guest service, or the LOD. Any other department I find out what the guest wants and then ask a TM to check for a specific DPCI/item. But I know nothing about electronics so I'm little help to a guest looking for a phone, ipad, etc. Also, tms need to realize that we operators are the ones dealing with angry guests yelling at us when no one answers their call. I don't care if a tm takes a while to pick up a call but I don't want to be berated by the guest on the phone either.

There is a converse to this. I doubt this problem is confined only to my store, but operators: please understand that I (and most of my fellow electronics people) do my best to get to the phone in a timely manner, however when I'm the only person on the entire Electronics side of the store and I've got five guests waiting, running 2 registers at once, the guest on the phone will have to wait a bit longer. To continue announcing the call is fine, I get that, but to respond with snark and passive-aggressiveness ("Well LOD, SOMEBODY needs to get this call and (my name) doesn't want to do his job") when I say that I'm the only one here and I have a line of guests is unprofessional. This is not all operators, and to the ones that realize that we have a workload too, and sometimes can't get to a phone in ten seconds, I salute you. Also, do not EVER give my name out to a guest before I've even picked up the call. (You know who you are, TTOOperator, and I know who you are.)

Woof. I would never call anyone out over the Walkie, even if I thought they were being purposefully "lazy". That's some rude ish. But for real as an operator on like everyone of my shifts - if you can't answer the phone right away or at all && you know that I know you are the "one" person I am directing a transfer too .... Say so. I hate nothing more than an angry ring back I'm not expecting. I will happily answer any and every call, no matter the department if I have to - but I need to know. (When I started at target my lods would always see me running around in circles in the store to get this call or that call - to the point where they basically told me not to leave softlines unless I had to.)

I'm a team player. And if the guest rattles off their whole life story before I can get a transfer I'll try to deal with it - to save them from repeating it && because it's that easy...... But when I'm covering someone else's shift in FR/operator because they got pulled out && have three carts of reshop, rooms that haven't been checked in six hours && no my device - you are on your own unless it's sl. I can be swamped busy at times too fam, so please have my back as much as I try to have yours && we will have a wonderful vibey shift together.

Hey, presentation team: It's your responsibility to be putting out new release product in electronics. So how come when I work on Tuesdays and Fridays I'm almost always putting out the new stuff, regardless of when I'm coming in for my shift? There have even been times when I had Tuesday and Wednesday off and I come in Thursday and none of the new video games that were supposed to be out Tuesday are out, because I seem to be the only presentation or electronics TM who gives a squirt of crap about it. I tell your team lead and my team lead every week that this continues to happen and nothing changes. I don't know what to do at this point.

To that one fellow electronics TM: Hey, I know when I started here from my other store you complained to our team lead that I "left the electronics boat a mess" when I accidentally left a few reshop items on the counter. I forgot I had put them there because I was helping a lot of guests. I got a warning for that. It may be petty, but I got a lot of pleasure out of showing our team lead the complete pigsty you left the electronics boat, while also letting him know that you abandoned shift 20 minutes early for no apparent reason. I mean, nothing will come of it since you're one of his favorites, but he sure wasn't happy with you.

We actually have an Electronics Team Member that has a Plano shift every Tuesday (usually from 5a - 1p) and he's in charge of setting all the new POG's and making sure all the new releases go out. He also puts up the ad signs for Electronics on Sundays. If it weren't for him the new releases would never get put out. Example, on Friday's Plano does the revisions for CD's, but never fills the aisle, so it's just empty until somebody realizes that there's a 3-tier of CD's in the Electronics stockroom (I normally do it when I open Saturday's since for whatever reason i'm never scheduled on Friday's but always scheduled to open on Saturday's, plus our main guy who does the new releases on Tuesday usually doesn't get scheduled on Friday's and Saturday's even though he keeps open availability). Funny thing is my Team Lead always opens on Friday's and neglects the new releases as well.

I guess my point being is to try and talk to your ETL-HR or ETL for the sales floor and see if you can take ownership of new releases since, from my findings, most stores have that one Electronics Team Member who puts up the ad on Sunday's and does the new releases on Tuesday's, and then has 3 Electronics shifts for the rest of the week to keep his/her main work center Electronics. In terms of Friday new releases, that's a tricky one since it's only 1 aisle that needs to be revised so you don't need a full Plano shift (Nintendo revisions are done with the rest of video games on Tuesday, we usually just flex stuff over until Friday), but also most stores don't have Electronics come in until opening since then they'd have to pay them more for being in the store before opening. What i'd suggest is seeing if you could close on Thursday's but stay 30 minutes - 1 hour after closing and do the revisions for the CD aisle, and then just throw the new Nintendo stuff in the batch. Maybe you could even pull it yourself. The Thursday closing thing is what i'm gonna try to start doing.

TL;DR Ask the ETL you're most comfortable with if you could take ownership of new releases and the ad, you have proof of things not happening, and all they'd have to do it cross-train you in Plano.

Last edited:
To my entire team: If you see loose product at the end of the aisle during the truck unload and bowling, it means I pulled the product off the shelf because it was either overstocked, or expired. DON'T PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF! There's no smart cart for me to put backstock into at the moment, and someone's going to mistake a cart as re-shop and sent it up to guest service.

(I can't get to where charge back goes while the truck is being unloaded, and letting someone know I pulled it only results in "Don't do that! Pay attention to bowling!"

To my team leads: I'm sick of hearing the N word every single night coming from people who bring their music in, and a big speaker to listen to it on. Make them wear headphones.
Speaking of headphones, stop letting people wear the ones with the microphone on it. This is encouraging people to take phone calls. We can't just deny all phones on the floor to solve this, because it would punish the people who want to listen to their music.

Wait, you're allowed to listen to music on the floor? Is that while guests are around? My store only allows music/headphones when the store isn't open to guests.
A select few TMs at my store get away with it. My SFS captain keeps one earbud in on the floor when he's pulling orders. Guests never stop him anyways (they actively walk around him to stop me or anyone else really). Someone told him it's because he looks intimidating lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back