To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my days, Food Ave/StarBucks were in charge of QMOSing their own items. Service Desk was in charge of any dry goods/nonperishable items. And the Grocery/Perishable teams were in charge of produce/meats/fridgerated/frozen items.

To the cashier that sprayed the guest febreeze in front of them ...Your lucky you get Double digit red cards every shift or else they would have termed you..

To that one Flow TM who brings back a stack of empty pallets 6 foot tall, why does it have to be one wood pallet, 2 cheap plastic, one heavy plastic, 2wood pallet, 5 heavy plastic etc etc etc?!?!?!?!..... Well i know what im doing for the next 10 minutes with the crown >.<

To the FR TM...when it says, "Last one, make a copy" it doesn't mean for you to write on that actual copy!!

To my TL who wouldn't let me contribute my thoughts to a guest's problem! You clearly didn't know what you were doing and although I'm below you, it doesn't mean I don't know anything. We could have worked it out together but no, you shushed me and tried to solve the problem on your own. I suggested an idea to another TM while you hid in the GSTL's office for about 15 minutes, and they agreed with me. My TM went along with me while I suggested the idea and you wouldn't budge. You cut me off not even half way through my suggestion so I let you do it your way, although your way wasn't the best option we could have offered. and after all of that, you told me that I should write a GTC for you from me, for helping me solve the problem. :dash2:

To my ETL-GE: When I asked you to come to GS to help me explain to a guest our Ad-Match Policy, I didn't realize through the 8 months of your employment as GE that you didn't know our policy. Didn't appreciate you making me look like an idiot in front of the guest by overriding what I had said previous to them. I'll gladly specifically ask for a different ETL next time. THANKS.

To the cashier that sprayed the guest febreeze in front of them ...Your lucky you get Double digit red cards every shift or else they would have termed you..

LMAO!!! We have a guest that comes to the pharmacy that (how do I put this nicely??? Aw heck, I can't...) must have about 50 cats (crazy cat lady) because she comes in smelling like a litter box that hasn't been cleaned in oh......a YEAR! We have some air freshener behind the registers that we spray (discreetly) when she comes up because the smell is so nauseating :bad: The last time, she commented about how nice it always smelled in the pharmacy because one of the other techs "saw her coming" and sprayed it before she got there~LOL!

So, to make this comment fit the thread: to the tech who thought of requisitioning the febreeze, I commend you, it's probably the only good idea you've ever had in your life ;)

to that muckety muck VP of whatever-please show up tomorrow because we have worked our hineys off tonight (and the rest of the week) to make the store look spotless for the third time in less than 2 months because you have bailed on us twice before.

to the lazy butt FRO....I keep moving the hanger container back by the rack for a reason....yes you can roll to it from the desk (of course walking less than 5 feet is out of the question) but it also completely blocks our ADA accessible fitting room. And yes I made sure to tell our ETL tonight to put a note on it specifically for you.

to all of the TL's and ETL's to whom I have had to show that the hanger container is in a spot that could cost the company a lot of money and the reason....you idjots!! Why is it that I have to show you and why do you let the other FRO get away with this stuff?

I just remembered this one run-in I had with a guest who turned out to be a Target employee. He didn't tell me his position, but I guessed ETL from his behavior.

This guy starts off kind of weird. He asks me who is in charge of the department I'm in and who is overseeing it. That was a bit odd. This is my department, yeah, but I'd hardly call myself in charge of anything. Was he looking for a TL, or something? I just tell him that I'm the guy in this department, and he starts talking to me about how his store is the second busiest in the world, or something, and how lucky I am that my store is so small and quiet. Bear in mind that I work in one of the highest volume stores in the region, if not the highest volume store in the region, and even the lazy people work their asses off because we've got no choice. Then this guy just keeps going on about how busy his store is and how only real men work there.

So, to that one ETL who likes to shop at other stores just to tell them how good they have it, please, just keep it to yourself. You're the only one who cares.

To that TL who seriously told the flow team that ,we were going too slow .and that we had 2 choices :
1st : pick up the pace ,and work harder ,and be done earlier ( freight off the floor by 8 am),and be done by 9 .30
2nd : stay the same , and he will have to hire new tm to help us ,therefore we would be losing hours ,and be done by 9.30

Hum ,isn't that the same?
We have been working with a very small crew for the past 2 months ,several tms left !!!!!

I know we are only flow team members ,but we all thought the same thing ,hire more tm ! But good luck finding them ( schedule is 11 hrs a week )!

my store used to have this backroom TL who no one liked, i didn't understand why because i was maybe 1 months into flow team ( i was new). i was scheduled for my first autofill day(idk if any of your stores does this but we have TMs come in at 5 am non truck days and just work the autofills and re shop). i was still learning, and i didn't know much on how to use the PDA so when i was stocking basketballs, i forgot to check the second location and didn't notice they were also on an end cap. she asked why i didn't check the end cap and pointed out my error, i told her i was sorry and it was a simple mistake. she first started off her rant about how I'm not doing my job right, she was complaining how i was using the PDA to scan every little thing in the cart to check the location of merchandise (isn't that what the PDA is used for half the time)? she said how i should have the store completely memorized including all the locations of every thing( Whats the point of grabbing a PDA then? especially if were suppose to know everything?) she said i would never make backroom ( first off, I'm only 1 month into flow team and still learning, secondly, who said i wanted to be in backroom?) this TL was RIDICULES, at the end of my shift she said to me, "oh i hope you don't think I'm mean" i told her no but in my mind there were other thoughts flouting LOL. now this TL has been transferred to another store because to many people complained about her at mine, and now at this new store and lot of people are complain about her too. Ironoically, almost year later, not only am i the Flow Teams Cardboard person (difficult job sometimes) but i am also in backroom, i would love to see the look on her face now

To the Hardlines TLs and even one or two Instocks TMs: thank you for putting up with my lack of knowledge about the little things. If nothing else, it makes my username appropriate again. :D But seriously, you guys are a great help, and I feel a lot more comfortable working on the floor now.

to the new up front TM-obviously just because you are older doesn't mean anybody taught you manners and it's obvious nobody told you that items need to be back on the floor 15 minutes before you go grabbing. Please don't barge into my basket of reshop (if I hadn't been quick I would have been bodychecked away from it) and manhandle everything saying you don't want to mess it up but your looking for something and then huff off when you don't find it.

to my TL and GSTL tonight...thanks for having my back (even though she didn't push me). I appreciate that you believed me. I wasn't looking to get her in trouble but I was completely dumbfounded by her actions and words

To the rest of my store....it would be nice if ANYONE would come back up Pharmacy once in a while. Very rarely do we call for backup, but when we do, NOBODY responds (okay, 1 person has responded 1 time and probably only because she was in HBA at the time, RIGHT in front of the ETL-Rx....kinda' hard to ignore the call then!). I know it's been brought up in EVERY way possible (huddle, meetings, etc) and STILL no back-up when requested. 7 TLs/TMs were supposed to come do training for Pharmacy back-up and how many have ACTUALLY done it? 2!!!

To the rest of my store....it would be nice if ANYONE would come back up Pharmacy once in a while. Very rarely do we call for backup, but when we do, NOBODY responds (okay, 1 person has responded 1 time and probably only because she was in HBA at the time, RIGHT in front of the ETL-Rx....kinda' hard to ignore the call then!). I know it's been brought up in EVERY way possible (huddle, meetings, etc) and STILL no back-up when requested. 7 TLs/TMs were supposed to come do training for Pharmacy back-up and how many have ACTUALLY done it? 2!!!

You gonna jump out from behind there and do a pull/reshop when your business is slow? Didn't think so.

You gonna jump out from behind there and do a pull/reshop when your business is slow? Didn't think so.

I've seen pharm techs zone and pull outdates but they are usually way too busy to do much else.

I come for pharmacy backup all the time. I see a line & I jump in!
They are important part of the team. Their sales help us get more payroll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back