To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one TL: Just because I'm scheduled for flow a few hours a week doesn't mean you can try and use my receiving hours to help with the truck. No, you're not keeping me "a little longer" or asking me to push a small pull later today or work on some trash your team left behind, just because I'm expecting one, maybe two vendors to show up. How many deliveries there are or aren't is irrelevant. I have so many things I need to get done with the time I have. You have a whole team and I'm just myself.

And especially after you fucked up checking in a delivery today. You should know better than to do what you did and thank God I got off lunch just in time to avert that crisis.

To that one STL: Its great that you offered to find me some help cleaning up the back. Too bad you waited until I was pretty much done. Maybe next time you could get people to stop just dumping shit outside and expecting elves the receiver to clean it all up?

TTOTM If you don't stop acting like such a hostile bitch, you'll get your way. You will keep your shit job and that's where you'll spend the rest of your days.

TTOTM: You went above and beyond tonight to help me with my anxiety. I trust you so I chose to tell you why I was so anxious. You offered to help me which I wasn't expecting and you followed through, which most people in my life can't seem to do.
So for listening and truly helping me with something so small that my anxiety blew up, thank you for being there.

TTOLOD that thought I could handle the whole sales floor black friday morning, I've been here for 4 months, this is my first job, and I can hardly handle one-spot on my own right at the front by the entrance with all of these guests asking stupid questions. No I can't do you a "favor" and not tell people you're taking an extra 15 and going to take an obviously non-work related phone call.

TToSTL:

So I heard you tried to get TPS in trouble because I sit in the food ave bar near the door where he is. Do I sit there and talk to him? Absolutely. Am I interfering with his work? Abso-fucking-lutely not. When I talk to him it's when no one is around. I know when to not talk to him, he has signals for when he's busy, I can see when people are coming up to him. But no. You decide to go to the ETL-AP to snitch on him. Hilariously she actually reviewed tapes and determined nope. He's doing his job. Nothing is wrong with what either of us are doing. So. Fuck. Off. You walk around with some guy REGULARLY WHILE YOURE WORKING and literally no one knows who he is. He brings you food, and you guys stick to each other like glue so we all kinda just assume he's your boyfriend. In which case how fucking dare you try to tell the TPS that he isn't doing his job and is loafing. If I find out that the dude isn't work related that you lug around with you oh you fucking bet I'm going to give you shit for it.

TToTPS:

And don't think you're off scott free either!!! Why didn't you tell me about this!!! Why did you tell my friend so that I ended up hearing it from her?? I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO SITS WITH YOU LIKE THAT like I even asked you if in any way it annoys or inconveniences you that I'm literally always there on my breaks or lunches and all you basically told me was no, how can it when I'm giving him the time of day to make conversation and keep him company etc etc ugh now I feel awful because I nearly got you in trouble (shout out to ETL-AP for siding with him though) and can't say anything because my friend assumes that he doesn't want me to know (probably because he didn't want me to feel bad). But still. Now idk what to do about you because we both know that you're getting your job done, the ETL-AP knows your getting your job done but the fuckin STL is a bitch who keeps trying to get everyone in trouble (she saw a TM simply pull his phone out and she bitched him out and said she can't call him a hard worker anymore like ??? really???)

groans this is what I get for having a crush on someone...again

@soyaxo it very well could have been a warning to him to not let a relationship develop between you two.
AP is forbidden from having relationships with anyone in the store; we can be fired for it.

TTOETL: Um, no, team members cannot use the AP office as a bike storage area. I understand that she had her bike stolen from the bike rack last week, but that's why we have the bike lockers. All she needs to do is get the key from guest services. Besides, if she doesn't want to do that, why not let her park her bike in the breakroom, as we've done with every other team member before now?

TTOETL: Um, no, team members cannot use the AP office as a bike storage area. I understand that she had her bike stolen from the bike rack last week, but that's why we have the bike lockers. All she needs to do is get the key from guest services. Besides, if she doesn't want to do that, why not let her park her bike in the breakroom, as we've done with every other team member before now?

Or use the STLs office?

Ttom- Thank you so much for calling out on extremely busy day. I loved pushing 15 out of 30 pulls by myself. Flow gave no f's this morning either because I found an aisle full of boxes. Guess black Friday was a make it or break it kinda day.

My store for some reason is using DOZENS of carts for freight and back stock and resale/stuff to work out. Today was the epitome of this. My store is a SuperT and boy let me tell you about today.

15% off whole sale + Sunday traffic + Tons of carts missing? HOLY SHIT. ALL DAY me and my cart attending crew sat and cycled between 20-30 carts ALL day. On Grocery we ran out three times today. Three times. The highest amount of carts we had in from 11am-5pm was probably 11. On softlines side, we had maybe 4. I'm just so angry. I'm angry at all the self entitled cashiers who decided they needed to worry about my job for me and walkie me every 5 minutes for me and my crew to get carts in. I LITERALLY HAVE NO CARTS TO PUSH IN.

I wish my managers would stop literally yelling at me and getting super passive aggressive with me for something I can't help. I have the parking lot VOID of carts, we have three people out doing carts, yet we have only 10 carts on grocery and 7 on softline side. Thanks to the ETL that actually knew what was going on. No thanks to the other shits.

No idea whether to pin this on poor organization or Black Friday.. maybe both? If I get yelled at for this one more time, I might explode. I can't help we have 0 carts to work with. Maybe if we got our cashiers working freight to stop fucking around and to get stuff done we probably could of sugarcoated the issue today a little. I've also noticed since I've started to do cart attending I've been looked down upon more often. Guests not being civil with me, guests in the parking lot in their huge ass SUVs speeding past me trying to beat my train of carts.

People are dicks towards us, we bust our asses off to get stuff done and clean up people's messes. It's not just guests, it's my co-workers too. Clearly, everyone knew we had little carts to work with today. They're expecting us to say "yes" to clean up every spill or carry out. We always do... but today was different. I've never refused a carry out before, but today was my first time. I'm sorry, I just can't do a carry out when I have to make sure I have at least 5 carts in on Softlines... it's so sad. The passive aggression I was responded to with.. just. Wow. I even said it nicely "Hey this is Cart Attendant xxxxxxxx I can't help with this carry out I really have to make sure we have carts I'm sorry." and immediately I just hear a shaky "ooooooooooooookayyy guess we'll just find someone else." with a long exasperated gasp.

Just another day as a Cart Attendant? Probably. Getting used to it compared to how I was treated as a Cashier lol.

My store for some reason is using DOZENS of carts for freight and back stock and resale/stuff to work out. Today was the epitome of this. My store is a SuperT and boy let me tell you about today.

15% off whole sale + Sunday traffic + Tons of carts missing? HOLY SHIT. ALL DAY me and my cart attending crew sat and cycled between 20-30 carts ALL day. On Grocery we ran out three times today. Three times. The highest amount of carts we had in from 11am-5pm was probably 11. On softlines side, we had maybe 4. I'm just so angry. I'm angry at all the self entitled cashiers who decided they needed to worry about my job for me and walkie me every 5 minutes for me and my crew to get carts in. I LITERALLY HAVE NO CARTS TO PUSH IN.

I wish my managers would stop literally yelling at me and getting super passive aggressive with me for something I can't help. I have the parking lot VOID of carts, we have three people out doing carts, yet we have only 10 carts on grocery and 7 on softline side. Thanks to the ETL that actually knew what was going on. No thanks to the other shits.

No idea whether to pin this on poor organization or Black Friday.. maybe both? If I get yelled at for this one more time, I might explode. I can't help we have 0 carts to work with. Maybe if we got our cashiers working freight to stop fucking around and to get stuff done we probably could of sugarcoated the issue today a little. I've also noticed since I've started to do cart attending I've been looked down upon more often. Guests not being civil with me, guests in the parking lot in their huge ass SUVs speeding past me trying to beat my train of carts.

People are dicks towards us, we bust our asses off to get stuff done and clean up people's messes. It's not just guests, it's my co-workers too. Clearly, everyone knew we had little carts to work with today. They're expecting us to say "yes" to clean up every spill or carry out. We always do... but today was different. I've never refused a carry out before, but today was my first time. I'm sorry, I just can't do a carry out when I have to make sure I have at least 5 carts in on Softlines... it's so sad. The passive aggression I was responded to with.. just. Wow. I even said it nicely "Hey this is Cart Attendant xxxxxxxx I can't help with this carry out I really have to make sure we have carts I'm sorry." and immediately I just hear a shaky "ooooooooooooookayyy guess we'll just find someone else." with a long exasperated gasp.

Just another day as a Cart Attendant? Probably. Getting used to it compared to how I was treated as a Cashier lol.

Hang in there, it has always bothered me how poorly some people treat cart attendants. I would argue the good ones are some of the more versatile TMs in the store. Our PMT was a cart attendant and now hes making more than most of our TLs

TTOTM:

OH GOD WHERE DO I START WITH YOU.

you go nuts cleaning insignificant stuff in the middle of a rush when what we ACTUALLY need you to do is, like, help with the rush? I dunno? maybe? then you complain that you're the only one who ever cleans anything or knows how to do anything right. right, that's why everything else is always spotless and we have to keep correcting you on basic policies and recipes.

STOP trying to boss us all around. yes, your name is on the trainer board, but it was a mistake. the ETL-HR put the wrong person up. and please, stop trying to boss ME around. I TRAINED YOU. I have been here longer than you. I get introduced to newbies as 'that girl who reads everything, so ask her if you have any questions.' I feel like I've got a handle on things, thanks.

and leeeeet's not even start on your attitude. Saturday alone, you worked my very last nerve. first of all you dropped the F-bomb on a guest. "I read the name that was on the effing cup." whoooo-hoa. did you not notice how everyone around you stopped mid-action and stared at you?! one of your fellow TMs quietly slipped the guest a contact card and advised her that if she'd like to make a complaint to corporate she was able to. that is the only thing that defused that situation. our DM is going to have a cow.

then, while I was on a step stool getting the signboard down to re-chalk it, you said, "I'm going to run into you and knock you off the stool!" I can only assume you meant that you'd do it by accident as a clumsy mistake. it did not sound like someone lightheartedly poking fun at their clumsiness. it straight up sounded like a threat. haha. very funny joke.

and then while I was actually drawing the board, I erased something and muttered that it looked horrible, and you told me that it looked better than anything you could do (true), and that it was great that I could draw so well. sweet, right? sure, until you followed it up with, "that's the only reason we keep you around, right? because you can draw? haha. at least you have job security!" whoa. so not okay. again, you were TOTALLY joking! such a funny joke! haha! why would I ever be insulted by such great humor?

and because that wasn't enough, as the rest of us are busily trying to handle a rush, you come through on some menial insignificant task you've decided is the single most important thing in the history of ever, and you call out in the spirit of any good food service worker, "I'm behind you, ladies! ...and radiochu!" huh? what made you feel the need to call me out like that? I guess you figured I hadn't been brought down enough notches yet. my anxiety thanks you.

you have been like this for months. nobody knows why you're still here, except that somehow our TL doesn't seem to take us seriously when we tell her how awful you are. plus you're the beloved darling of all your other workcenters, and apparently you're up for a promotion to TL somewhere else in the store. quite frankly I don't get it. they must not see how unbearable you are in your primary workcenter. we certainly do.

TTOELT-LOG: Adios, idiota! You may not be aware of it yet, but, to channel my inner Trump, You're Fired! You're a massive idiot. Did you not know that the AP office has a camera in it? And the IC gets really curious when the PTZ's start moving around at 4am, especially when there's no one from AP scheduled for that time in the day.
So the IC caught you doing pervy stuff with the PTZ's, but probably would not have done anything about it, IF YOU HADN'T TAKEN PICTURES OF IT WITH YOUR PHONE, IN PLAIN SIGHT OF THE AP OFFICE CAMERA!

Oh, and snap chatting the other ETLs pictures of the team not working via the cameras wasn't a good idea either. But at this point, just frosting on top of the fired cake.

Last edited:
What's a PTZ?

To The Store: Please stop stealing receiving's office supplies. I don't mind you using them, just return them when you're done. Since I've started I've gone through three pairs of scissors and more markers, pens and tape than I can count. I leave these things out so you can leave me notes when I'm not around. Which nobody does. So maybe I should just hide everything all the time.

To that one unloader: Chill the fuck out. The line stops moving sometimes, it isn't the end of the world. Sometimes there isn't anybody around to pull that PIPO right this moment. When it happens, step back and take a breath. Instead of your usual complaining about everyone of just standing around to sabotage your unload times. And throwing a box or two out of the trailer. Because I'm seriously ready to talk to the flow-TL about that. And if one of those hits me I'm going to be very pissed.

Last edited:
Part of my desk locks but its pretty full already. And everyone in the store has a key to it.

It's where I keep my PDA, at least when they let me have one.

When I had PC, before the mydevices, I got a padlock for one of my file cabinet drawers. I ran cords out the back and kept our printers and batteries in there. Only a couple of us knew the combination.

Tto etl- I never thought you should had been promoted to etl. You panic too easily and you are very petty about certain things. However, today I know for a fact you should had never been an etl. You lied . Yes you lied...about a conversation you had a with a tm. I heard the conversation you had with the tm AND I heard you telling the STL what your "account " of things were.You are shady and petty as hell. I am so happy that you are leaving our store soon!

What's a PTZ?

To The Store: Please stop stealing receiving's office supplies. I don't mind you using them, just return them when you're done. Since I've started I've gone through three pairs of scissors and more markers, pens and tape than I can count. I leave these things out so you can leave me notes when I'm not around. Which nobody does. So maybe I should just hide everything all the time.

To that one unloader: Chill the fuck out. The line stops moving sometimes, it isn't the end of the world. Sometimes there isn't anybody around to pull that PIPO right this moment. When it happens, step back and take a breath. Instead of your usual complaining about everyone of just standing around to sabotage your unload times. And throwing a box or two out of the trailer. Because I'm seriously ready to talk to the flow-TL about that. And if one of those hits me I'm going to be very pissed.
Mine has one pen duct taped to a cord on the steel next to his desk. Everything else is locked when he's not there.

TTOTM: Working next to you is so much easier than working next to the other TM that talks to me non stop, even when I'm with guests and seems to wander around the store when there are no guests in the lane.

It's also helped with my traffic as well, because you actually watch for lines and offer to take guests when you see I have a line that's continually growing.

Thank you, it's helped my sanity a lot.

TTOTM when I tell you to hop on for guest first it means hop on for guest first. It doesn't mean continue doing reshop and ignore my word while lines are long.. "here I'll do it just hop on please" is my response.

TTOTM:

You need to step away from me. You are on my last nerve. I've been here more than three years, you've been here for barely four weeks. Having a PDA or myDevice in your possession does NOT make you an authority figure or someone who has all the answers when we're pushing. I do not need you to tell me what goes where, or what is or is not backstock. I'm a goddamn walking PDA; I know where all this shit goes. Instead of scanning stuff on the tubs and telling people "that goes in G-62" and "these go in F-57" and then not actually pushing anything, pick up some fucking boxes and push them yourself. I mean, if you can. The one time I saw you pick up a box and push shit yourself you were wandering around, with a goddamn PDA in your other hand, still unable to find the home location. I had to tell you where those items go and then give you fucking directions on where and how to push it. The long and short of it? You suck.

Plus, we're flexing hard in Seasonal and Toys. The locations you're yelling out don't super duper matter because we're building and filling goddamn endcaps for most of this shit. Kindly fuck off and do not tell me how to do my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back