To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOSRTL: I'm the reason behind all our store's SFS issues, but now you're desperate for help and asking me to work a double to help with the crazy work load? No thank you. Go find someone else who doesn't screw everything up for you.

TTOTMs: Get it together! Especially y'all seasonals. Answer walkie calls and call buttons. Make a strong attempt to get your zone done, and stop being know-it-alls. Put your cell phones away. And...you WILL be working nights and weekends; we don't need everyone to work M-F and leave before 5.

Ttoetl why complain about spending $800 on catered food when the store been using the same restaurant for the past several years ?

You are seasonal but Holy Hell you are stupid. I don't understand how you can still not understand what you need to do for your work day. I understand that SPU orders were heavy but if you need help pulling research "Fucking ask for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Not let 32 batches of research and EXF(fill as we research) stack up and tell me when I send my partner to start pushing that you haven't pulled anything yet.. 3 1/2hrs after we start. WTF???

I had to flip the script have my partner keep scanning while I started to pull batches. Holy hell dude, I want you gone so bad along with the rest of the backroom.

You are seasonal but Holy Hell you are stupid. I don't understand how you can still not understand what you need to do for your work day. I understand that SPU orders were heavy but if you need help pulling research "Fucking ask for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Not let 32 batches of research and EXF(fill as we research) stack up and tell me when I send my partner to start pushing that you haven't pulled anything yet.. 3 1/2hrs after we start. WTF???

I had to flip the script have my partner keep scanning while I started to pull batches. Holy hell dude, I want you gone so bad along with the rest of the backroom.
Yeap all the seasonal hires do is compliant that 10 per hour is not enough for the amount of work expected. Wtf I've been here 4 years and not making much more.

Yeap all the seasonal hires do is compliant that 10 per hour is not enough for the amount of work expected. Wtf I've been here 4 years and not making much more.

this guy just does not get it. not mean, not lazy - just doesn't get it. $13 an hour here and I am just making a bit more than that. everyday "what do I do?" everyday. A duh zone surrounds this guy.

Sequel to my last TTOTM post: the subject of that post apparently got the hint without me even saying a word to him. He was walking on eggshells all around me today. He wouldn't look me in the eye. And he definitely didn't tell me what to do. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad it did. Yayyy.

I'm a goddamn walking PDA; I know where all this shit goes.
One of the reasons I have mad respect for the vets and long-term workers at my store. I know general locations of stuff at my store (only been there 4 months), but I still use a mydevice/pda just to make sure I'm not walking to the wrong area and wasting time.

Honestly if I were paying rent and other bills with only $10 an hour I don't think I'd make it without a room mate making more than me that can help. But since they're seasonal, they probably can't complain lol.

I know it's Cart Attendant's duty to go and clean each and every spill... but can't someone else do it once in a while. I'd gladly do it if I had two rows of carts in on each side but every Sunday is the same way. Almost 0 carts all day on each side, busy as hell, and guests breaking and spilling shit every 20 minutes. I get yelled at because I say I have to focus on carts I can't leave the seasonal CA to manage both sides of the store who BTW isn't the greatest at pushing carts in. I'm not perfect either, not like our more experienced cart people but I can't just leave him to deal with all that.

To top it all off, for some reason our hours are also getting cut so for a bit there we were all at 30+ hours and had a good balance of CAs on site to manage carts and clean the spills/restrooms etc, but this week holy hell. I don't understand why our hours are getting cut... the store literally needs us. They depend on us to get carts in and to clean spills.. or to clean anything really. No one else will. So why is Corporate cutting our hours? Actually, I have no idea if Corporate controls who gets their hours cut, they just limit payroll? Idk.

I'm expecting to get called in early tomorrow due to the lack of a CA mid day, which I'll gladly come and work those extra 2-3 hours on top of my meager 5 hours scheduled. I'll be needing it.

Anyways, to sum it all up.

TTOGSA: lay off me and my other cart boy, man, we can't always be there to clean spills. We know everyone else has a task or job at hand but if Guests can't have carts we're only gonna get yelled at more and find guests running up to us to complain and steal carts off of our line and then they're gonna complain to the management and we get yelled at more. It's an never ending cycle of a shift as a CA.

I don't mind the disconnectiveness of it all, I guess. It's like working out, expect pushing carts and you're outside with nature, just passive aggressive management. I'm gonna laugh if they decide to fire me or any of my other CAs for problems we can't really control. I can't wait until the Holidays are over.

I don't know if anyone remembers my post last sunday about how all of our carts were gone in the backrooms and gone because a shit ton of guests had them but it was the same way today. I find myself reminding myself that once the Holidays are over it'll all be better.

Honestly if I were paying rent and other bills with only $10 an hour I don't think I'd make it without a room mate making more than me that can help. But since they're seasonal, they probably can't complain lol.

I know it's Cart Attendant's duty to go and clean each and every spill... but can't someone else do it once in a while. I'd gladly do it if I had two rows of carts in on each side but every Sunday is the same way. Almost 0 carts all day on each side, busy as hell, and guests breaking and spilling shit every 20 minutes. I get yelled at because I say I have to focus on carts I can't leave the seasonal CA to manage both sides of the store who BTW isn't the greatest at pushing carts in. I'm not perfect either, not like our more experienced cart people but I can't just leave him to deal with all that.

To top it all off, for some reason our hours are also getting cut so for a bit there we were all at 30+ hours and had a good balance of CAs on site to manage carts and clean the spills/restrooms etc, but this week holy hell. I don't understand why our hours are getting cut... the store literally needs us. They depend on us to get carts in and to clean spills.. or to clean anything really. No one else will. So why is Corporate cutting our hours? Actually, I have no idea if Corporate controls who gets their hours cut, they just limit payroll? Idk.

I'm expecting to get called in early tomorrow due to the lack of a CA mid day, which I'll gladly come and work those extra 2-3 hours on top of my meager 5 hours scheduled. I'll be needing it.

TTOGSA: lay off me and my other cart boy, man, we can't always be there to clean spills. We know everyone else has a task or job at hand but if Guests can't have carts we're only gonna get yelled at more and find guests running up to us to complain and steal carts off of our line and then they're gonna complain to the management and we get yelled at more. It's an never ending cycle of a shift as a CA.

I don't mind the disconnectiveness of it all, I guess. It's like working out, expect pushing carts and you're outside with nature, just passive aggressive management. I'm gonna laugh if they decide to fire me or any of my other CAs for problems we can't really control. I can't wait until the Holidays are over.

I don't know if anyone remembers my post last sunday about how all of our carts were gone in the backrooms and gone because a shit ton of guests had them but it was the same way today. I find myself reminding myself that once the Holidays are over it'll all be better.

ASANTS - the only spills the CA deals with in my store are: Code brown usually with the GSTL and stuff outside. Salesfloor deals with anything on the salesfloor and the CA might help if asked. Which is rare like on black Friday when every kid in the building seemed to puke. And that is pretty much the one time I heard a CA dealing with something on the salesfloor.

So I agree with your bitch and wanted you to know not all stores are as lazy as yours.. :)

TT (multiple) TMs - How are you not fired yet? Whether it's destroying other TMs belongings or NCNS at least once a week or not understanding how to read a clock, I don't understand...

To that softlines team leader: nice try, but guest services told me about how you told them to push all the Christmas pajamas to seasonal. Well I spoke to an ETL today and he said we still carry the pajamas in softlines.

So you're going to have a surprise waiting for you in the fitting room tomorrow morning.

o top it all off, for some reason our hours are also getting cut so for a bit there we were all at 30+ hours and had a good balance of CAs on site to manage carts and clean the spills/restrooms etc, but this week holy hell. I don't understand why our hours are getting cut... the store literally needs us. They depend on us to get carts in and to clean spills.. or to clean anything really. No one else will. So why is Corporate cutting our hours? Actually, I have no idea if Corporate controls who gets their hours cut, they just limit payroll? Idk.

Could also be your ETL GE. Trying to allocate hours to cashiers and service desk while neglecting CAs. Our cart attendants sometimes only overlap by 30 minutes when hours are down, when we made sales they would be able to cover one anothers meals.

I have always admired how serious you are about cart attending. All the cart attendants at my store are lazy bums but we have one seasonal who reminds me of you. He has a wife and kids so hes more mature and takes his job seriously. He isnt the fastest but he doesnt cut corners and does it with a good attitude. Wish you were at my store, we would take good care of you since HR writes front end.

TTO ETL team and STL,

So nice that you guys can have a three hour meeting that you can get pizza for yourselves for, meanwhile the Saturday after thanksgiving we get cold leftovers of stuff that made me sick...no wonder morale is so low and no wonder there's 8 carts of reshop sitting at guest service...we're a ULV..so that's a lot

To that one TM: What the hell is wrong with you. Stop throwing boxes in the trailer when you get mad. Stop acting like you're the only one doing anything. Everyone's trying to finish unload, we're not trying to make you freeze to death or whatever else you're muttering about.

To that one ETL: Stop asking for my input on your plans to rearrange receiving, I already told you I'm not cool with half of the changes and you're still going forward with it. So just fucking get it over with and leave me the fuck alone until the next time you get an idea. Even if some of the changes are probably for the better, the fact that you're doing this as an "Oh shit, important people are visiting and miiiight come near receiving, time to look like everything's fine" does not improve my mood.

TTOTM I know you're new, so I don't really expect much from you, but I don't think asking you to take some reshop from the overflowing fitting room is too much to ask. Everyone else was working stuff out while you sat at the desk snapchatting for 20 minutes and only stopped to go on your 15. Funny how you're also the only one complaining about how we should be making more. Seriously hope you're seasonal so they'll get rid of you.

TTOTM I know you're new, so I don't really expect much from you, but I don't think asking you to take some reshop from the overflowing fitting room is too much to ask. Everyone else was working stuff out while you sat at the desk snapchatting for 20 minutes and only stopped to go on your 15. Funny how you're also the only one complaining about how we should be making more. Seriously hope you're seasonal so they'll get rid of you.

Speaking of snapchat why did they make a Target filter? Our sorrority row of starbucks tm have all these stupid screenshots of them not working.

To that one group/regional leader of some sort (idk your title), you came to our store today to help out with our SFS mess and wow. You packed boxes alllll day and were upbeat about the work load and the situation as a whole although you were a bit tough on us. Still you have my respect. I wish store-level leadership could act more like you. Come back and work with us again! We got soooo much done today. Proud of our team :)

ASANTS - the only spills the CA deals with in my store are: Code brown usually with the GSTL and stuff outside. Salesfloor deals with anything on the salesfloor and the CA might help if asked. Which is rare like on black Friday when every kid in the building seemed to puke. And that is pretty much the one time I heard a CA dealing with something on the salesfloor.

So I agree with your bitch and wanted you to know not all stores are as lazy as yours.. :)

At my store it's "oh there's a spill? Call the CA." anywhere unless it's like the back rooms. I had to clean coffee up once in my electronics/mobile department which is in the way back of my store. When I went back there the TMs were all chit chatting. One time an older lady had her soda slip out of her hand on Softlines and they had me go back there with a mop and everything, even though it's a rug... I'm like "ok." and I walked my happy butt all the way to this spill on softlines and I just looked at it. I ran the mop over it and scrubbed but I have no idea if it did anything, probably made it worse lol.

However, later on in the day the closing GSTL was actually really nice and did bathroom checks in the woman's and family restrooms. I really thank her for that, because all I had to do for that last check was go in the men's and pick up some TP and it was pretty clean already from my last checkup and I clocked out.

It's super awkward when you open the women's restroom as a guy and say "maintenance anyone in here" blah blah blah and there's two girls not older than 13 waiting for their mom and they're just looking at me like "wtf is he doing here." and it got really awkward. When I check the restrooms I usually have to wait 3-5 minutes for everyone to clear or I let some ladies go in and pee quick while I wait outside the door. It's just so awkward feeling cleaning the women's when you have 2 kids staring at you like you like I'm some pervert.

I have always admired how serious you are about cart attending. All the cart attendants at my store are lazy bums but we have one seasonal who reminds me of you. He has a wife and kids so hes more mature and takes his job seriously. He isnt the fastest but he doesnt cut corners and does it with a good attitude. Wish you were at my store, we would take good care of you since HR writes front end.

Would it surprise you more if I told you I'm just a highschooler? :p If there was a such thing as a CATL position I'd totally be up for it, I actually was a TL at a Subway for half a year and it was fun, except I wasn't getting paid like one. Put in a few raise requests and talked to my boss personally but didn't see a cent of a raise. If there was a position though I probably wouldn't be able to take it since I'm still a minor.

I noticed the CA that's been ehre 3 years hardly trained our new seasonal. Me and another CA are friends in highschool and we made this pact we'd train him ourselves. Our most experienced CA from what I saw(I was there on seasonal's first day while said experienced CA was working as well) asked if I could train him instead anyways and said I'd relate more. He ended up taking him anyways and it seems like all he did was make the new guy walk with him to get carts and watch him pull carts in and then sent him off to do carts on his own.

Granted it was "one of those days" and we had to get carts in which sucked. Next time I work with this seasonal I'm gonna train him correctly, or well, show him some tips. He had no idea he could push more than 20 carts... the "said limit" is 25 but I just pulled in 57 carts in one run about 3-4 weeks ago. The experienced CA never pulls in big lines, and I assume he told the seasonal he can't do big lines. (???) and he probably has no idea about the inside of the quick cart pusher and all the brakes that it has for some reason which might lead him to think it won't work and show him the inside of the remote control of it and how to replace batteries etc.

It'll be good, I'll make a man out of this seasonal.

So today, minding my own business at guest service by getting HL abandon. While, Im there the electronics call box goes off. The electronics dude was running late so the LOD asks someone to grab the call box. Flow is finishing up toys. Not one person goes to hit the call box so by the second time, Im running over there because now the LOD is freaking out. Of course the guest needs an apple product which is still locked up from the night before. I have no keys or a mydevice to help the guest. So I ask if anyone knew if we had the product in the cage. One of the morons in the back tell me " Just scan the shelf tag to find out" I call out that I have no way to check. You think if I had a mydevice Id ask...Im not a moron. What an a hole. This is the same guy who wouldn't let me use the wave or move his boxes so I could walk by. Im really tired of it, I just want to call the integrity hot line because its harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back