To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: It was really cute watching you struggle with unlocking the spider wrap for me. Being a former electronics TM, it would have been nothing to show you how to do it, but seeing the little smile across your face as you succeeded was well worth the wait.
lol, i have plastic cases down flat, spider wraps are usually 50/50 for me :p

I don't get why a price change must be done though. Long before I worked in retail, I knew to carefully read labels to see if it was the right product at the right price. Not just sales signs, regular shelf tags to make sure that the bacon or shampoo I want is really the right price. Sales signs, I knew to read the fine print. Why can't other people be held to that standard? It's pretty simple.
Recently heard Target had to pay a hefty fine because of pricing errors.

if you are REALLY not in the mood, from target's official price match policy:
That's for matching other stores or Target.com. You're still supposed to change it if someone left up an old sale sign or clearly stocked something in front of the wrong price.

I don't get why a price change must be done though. Long before I worked in retail, I knew to carefully read labels to see if it was the right product at the right price. Not just sales signs, regular shelf tags to make sure that the bacon or shampoo I want is really the right price. Sales signs, I knew to read the fine print. Why can't other people be held to that standard? It's pretty simple.
They CAN do it but you know they're tryna be assholes to knock off some cash. 100 bucks off a tv for someone's mistake? Hell yeah! 5 bucks off and you just plucked something clearly in the wrong spot, count me in! Most people are actually pretty understanding about it, if not a little disappointed at least.

Because hakf the time the dimwits at hq type gibberish one the label description. Hershey chocolate might say "item held" or Snapple at fa has "vendors choice" and the upc doesn't match lots.

TTOTM: You are a salesfloor tm with a my device. I am a flow tm without a my device. While I was pushing shoes a guest asked you for help in shoes. You actually asked me if I knew anything about shoes and could I help a guest. I borrowed your my device and helped the guest and explained to you how to do a search and check other stores. So the big question of the day is WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE A MY DEVICE AND NOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT

TTOTM: You are a salesfloor tm with a my device. I am a flow tm without a my device. While I was pushing shoes a guest asked you for help in shoes. You actually asked me if I knew anything about shoes and could I help a guest. I borrowed your my device and helped the guest and explained to you how to do a search and check other stores. So the big question of the day is WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE A MY DEVICE AND NOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT

I have seen newbies given them and sent off to do reshop and the only thing they were told was you scan the bar code and it tells you where it goes. Nothing more than that. I have been in the same place as you were. I blame their leadership more than the employee.. Or you have to train this SF person how to do their job since they TL failed miserably at it.

I do find SL TM's are the seasoned TMs that have no clue how equipment works or rather what can be done with it.

I have seen newbies given them and sent off to do reshop and the only thing they were told was you scan the bar code and it tells you where it goes. Nothing more than that. I have been in the same place as you were. I blame their leadership more than the employee.. Or you have to train this SF person how to do their job since they TL failed miserably at it.

Wow. Just wow. :eek:

I think I learned how to check other stores in the first week. And while the finickiness of the search engine drives me bonkers, if all else fails the my device has Target.com.

I do think that the shoe section is more art than science though. There's a general pattern to the layout of the shelves but it pretty much boils down to what looks similar to what as to where things are placed. Then people ask about sizing and fit and comfort and unless you have experience with buying your own kid shoes you just don't have the answers people are looking for. I hate working in the shoe section.

Ttotm-

What the hell do you eat that makes you smell like bunt oil everyday?

Also, you speak pretty good English when your not at work but then pretend you don't understand what people are asking. By now you should know what kleenex (facial tissue) is...

I think I learned how to check other stores in the first week. And while the finickiness of the search engine drives me bonkers, if all else fails the my device has Target.com.

I do think that the shoe section is more art than science though. There's a general pattern to the layout of the shelves but it pretty much boils down to what looks similar to what as to where things are placed. Then people ask about sizing and fit and comfort and unless you have experience with buying your own kid shoes you just don't have the answers people are looking for. I hate working in the shoe section.

Agreed. When the first one told me that was what she was told about the MyDevice I did a actual "Face Palm" and had to help the guest while teaching her how to actually use the damn thing.

Shoes.. Lord help me. Kids shoes? Sorry can't help you. Why? I have no kids and no clue what is good or not.. I see some of them once in a while and wonder "Why no adult sizes!" But I do try and pull options of what they are looking at. If they want dress shoes I try to find out what they will be wearing and pull what I think would look good. If parent doesn't like it, not my problem.. But I hate shoes.. And our shoes I haven't bought any in years. Mostly boots on clearance at end of season.

TTOAPTL: STOP FOLLOWING ME!!!!

Ugh it's one thing to follow a TM. Our a CVS person in the store. Our AP always tries to harass ours even though he has no power over them in the pharmacy. I love most of our AP team but our aps let's the power go to his head. Total rent a cop

Ugh it's one thing to follow a TM. Our a CVS person in the store. Our AP always tries to harass ours even though he has no power over them in the pharmacy. I love most of our AP team but our aps let's the power go to his head. Total rent a cop
She literally followed me tonight from the moment I left pharmacy, back to the cereal aisle, over to pets, then down to cleaning supplies, when I turned around and asked if she needed something. She said no, she was "just shopping" and booked it out of the aisle. I don't think she will be doing it again ;)

If it makes you feel any better, a TM at my store who wasn't properly trained accidentally dropped a fill for depth manual caf for snacks a few days ago. The backroom pulled 9 tubs worth of stuff...

To Corporate -So, now we pull fas and the smaller items we have to put in a bag? Why? The service desk still has to open the back check to make sure the items are in there etc. This is wasting time. Find something better to do with your time and ours for that matter .

My assigned areas are shoes and accessories. I have been pushing shoes as a flow tm for 5+ years. I know shoes better than anyone. As I should. I completely understand why other tms break out in a sweat when having to find a shoe. They don't call me the shoe whisperer for nothing, lol.

Agreed. When the first one told me that was what she was told about the MyDevice I did a actual "Face Palm" and had to help the guest while teaching her how to actually use the damn thing.

Shoes.. Lord help me. Kids shoes? Sorry can't help you. Why? I have no kids and no clue what is good or not.. I see some of them once in a while and wonder "Why no adult sizes!" But I do try and pull options of what they are looking at. If they want dress shoes I try to find out what they will be wearing and pull what I think would look good. If parent doesn't like it, not my problem.. But I hate shoes.. And our shoes I haven't bought any in years. Mostly boots on clearance at end of season.

I had a girl come in today looking for shoes for her prom today! After asking her a few questions I pulled a shoe, she tried it on, loved it and left. Less than 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back