To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: Are you on your period or something? You call and immediately the phone is ringing again, so I put you on hold to answer the other call. While I know you didn't know it, the other call was a service phone 20 feet away, a hangup, and when I ran down to check on it, something had clearly glitched because no one had used it and it was ringing. I dealt with that, a guest needed help as I was going back to the base and I dealt with that....in less than two minutes. You don't even bother to wait for the call to cycle back to me since I still hadn't made it back to the base, and when you call back and told me you hung up and called back, you were really nasty-toned when you said, "This is the ____ Target and you put me on hold so I called back...." You work at Target and you can't understand that many, many things can cause a need to put someone immediately on hold, such as another line ringing or dealing with a guest physically there? Where did you learn your business phone skills??? I asked what the item was and you rattled off a dpci at a rate that I couldn't have punched it in even if I had a my device in hand and was ready for the number. Um, I asked what the item was, not what the dpci was, since I had to know who needed to talk to you about an item check. And then you sighed super loudly and got an even nastier tone when I said I needed to know what the item was, not the dpci, since I didn't have a my device and needed to know where to route the call. Too fucking bad Hardlines was quick to answer the phone, unlike usual, since I would have loved to sit your nasty ass on hold for an extended time.

When I'm setting up Starbucks in the morning, do NOT come over & ask me what coffees I've got brewed right now then sigh loudly because it's not what you wanted.
I've got four kinds of tea to steep, four types of coffee to brew, ice coffee to set, an espresso machine to fill & a pastry case to set.
I do NOT have time for your mindless blather as you try to decide what you want; I'm BUSY.

TTOTM who transferred in from another store: you do not need to continually advise "at my previous store we blah blah blah instead of blah blah blah" then eye-roll. You came from a AAAAAAAAAAA+++ volume P-Fresh store to a much lower-volume site. It does not work the same. We do not need 25 TMs to unload our daily GM truck nor could we fit 25 TMs safely into the receiving area. We do not need 15 TMs to unload our daily C&S nor could we fit 15 TMs safely into the receiving area. We do not need a garage attendant because ... well we do not own the garage: it is technically next door. We do not need 5 TLs and 2 ETLs to manage the daily flow team consisting of 7-10 TMs. It is not more efficient to have the floors waxed at 2pm since we do close nightly which means the cleaning crew can avoid shopping guests. We can not close the restrooms just because people are shooting up and smoking crack pipes within because, well ... we are required by local law to have them open. You do not know better just because you were a backroom-only TM for 11 months at another store who never worked a different position. Now take this 3-tier of mixed PHAR, HBNA and COSM and backstock it properly into the correct fill-grouped isles and STFU!

TToETL-SF

You are literally the only one who would get upset at me taking initiative and working on a backlogged salesplanner my TL couldn't do a week ago in toys. Like what the fuck? You want me to take initiative and show what I can do but when I do you get upset??? Okay??? Like excuuuuuuse me I don't consider a CAF and go back cart for domestics and housewares my workload because guess what it's not! Oh sorry, you wanted me to communicate with the LOD before working on it? Guess what, I did! The ETL-GE was LOD when I started and he knew, so that lack of communication is on you guys, not me. The Sr.TL was pleased with my choice to work on it, commenting that my TL would really appreciate it. The ETL-GE was like yeah sure go ahead, and the VML was like "ayyy youre working on a sales planner nice" like every form of leadership was pretty chill with this except you lmao.

Good thing you fucking ate your words when you saw how fast I actually got it done tho. My TL was so happy and actually appreciated me taking initiative within my department, at least.

To that signing TM at another store:

I hope you weren't planning to start building BTS shippers shippers this week, because we have your gigantic blue signing pallet...

I don't know how the hell it ended up on our trailer, since it's clearly labeled with your store number, but we're sweeping it back today so hopefully you should have it by the end of the week.

TToTM

I am so proud of you!!! Your first opening electronics shift and you did so well!!! Thank you thank you for texting me with questions and making sure you did everything ok, you're awesome and thanks for letting me "train" you in electronics during your normal cart attendant shifts lol We really need people who can cover shifts (and listen to me because no one listens to ol Kaitii)

this is a guy who has 0 sales floor experience and never touched a zebra or pda or anything

X5zMJxf.jpg

look at his ink aisle super zone he did so well for his first time im so proud of him

TThoseOTMs: I don't know how y'all can sit on your phones when there's so many go backs to be pushed and things to be done. Especially when y'all have already taken a 15 and a lunch and had plenty of time to text the work group chat then.

I am so proud of you!!! Your first opening electronics shift and you did so well!!! Thank you thank you for texting me with questions and making sure you did everything ok, you're awesome and thanks for letting me "train" you in electronics during your normal cart attendant shifts lol We really need people who can cover shifts (and listen to me because no one listens to ol Kaitii)
Mama Kaitii training the youngins.

To the new hardlines girl I'm training in: Jesus christ I think I'm in love. Never met someone with literally almost all of the same hobbies as me, as well as music tastes, and everything like that. And the fact you actually trusted me with your number? Jesus... you may regret this. We're already planning on going to a car show on Saturday, this might be the one ladies and gentlemen.

Mama Kaitii training the youngins.

To the new hardlines girl I'm training in: Jesus christ I think I'm in love. Never met someone with literally almost all of the same hobbies as me, as well as music tastes, and everything like that. And the fact you actually trusted me with your number? Jesus... you may regret this. We're already planning on going to a car show on Saturday, this might be the one ladies and gentlemen.

Might need to get a divorce from @Kaitii dont want to start your relationship with a e-wife on the side

Might need to get a divorce from @Kaitii dont want to start your relationship with a e-wife on the side
I'm not gonna get my hopes up too soon, but i'm not throwing them away either. Believe me on this, I've been fucked over before in relationships. but I'm gonna stick around, see if it's worth my time.

Thank you thank you for texting me with questions and making sure you did everything ok

Good job training this tm, however please be extremely careful about texting about work while off the clock. My ETL SF was even giving a SrTL a hard time about this. I'm guessing it could put you on corrective action.

TT2TL's: It was absolutely hilarious to hear you guys arguing over me on the walkie, Hardlines TL needed me to come work the line and GSTL needed me to help upfront (I had been up there for a good 1.5 hours). GSTL kept saying "HLN13's being very kind and helping us since we're short a couple cashiers" and HLTL was arguing that we have a full line of pulls and need me to come clear it.

TT2TL's: It was absolutely hilarious to hear you guys arguing over me on the walkie, Hardlines TL needed me to come work the line and GSTL needed me to help upfront (I had been up there for a good 1.5 hours). GSTL kept saying "HLN13's being very kind and helping us since we're short a couple cashiers" and HLTL was arguing that we have a full line of pulls and need me to come clear it.
That's when the GSTL hops on, after a while hardlines needs to get off of the lanes and back onto the floor. Otherwise there's very little coverage for the majority of the store.

That's normal here. I usually end up giving the guest a discount if they are buying consumer cellular, because that's usually what it is. So then the late mobile tm loses out on their commission.
My husband and I just went thru Consumer Cellular online because the phone we wanted wasn't even available at Target or Sears (this was about a year ago when Sears was still selling cc phones.). It was so much easier.

Good job training this tm, however please be extremely careful about texting about work while off the clock. My ETL SF was even giving a SrTL a hard time about this. I'm guessing it could put you on corrective action.
my store really doesnt seem to mind it, even the ETLs ask me quick qs while im on my break so hopefully i should be good

if not well good riddence lol

At our store the gsa isnt allowed be on a lane..
GSA/GSTL is a last resort, but a hardlines TM needs to be on the floor at almost all times. No response to a call button could be a guest complaint, and no pulls being done puts the whole team back a few steps on their plan because then they have to start working pulls.

TTOTM: when you said Backroom TM was sto'ing things incorrectly just to make your job difficult you failed to realize a little thing called the Backroom Detail Report proves you are making false allegations, shedding alligator tears and that ... well ... you suck as a human. Oh ... and Backroom TM had this documented seeing as you complained to a TL with a number of other TMs in the general vicinity witnessing your sniff sniff cry tear sniff sniff shake tear tear cry bullsh*t.

GSA/GSTL is a last resort, but a hardlines TM needs to be on the floor at almost all times. No response to a call button could be a guest complaint, and no pulls being done puts the whole team back a few steps on their plan because then they have to start working pulls.

According to Target practices this isn't true. Technically an etl or specialty team (price accuracy, price change) should get call boxes while softlines and hardlines are first responders to backup.

That's when the GSTL hops on, after a while hardlines needs to get off of the lanes and back onto the floor. Otherwise there's very little coverage for the majority of the store.
Our GSTL really just can't, they're always helping at the service desk or helping resolve issues at the lanes, it'd be a mess if they tried to get on a lane.

TTOGSA:

I responded to the backup call for a cashier immediately. On my way there you called again for Guest Service.

So, you know I know guest service because YOU trained me, why wouldn't you just tell me to go there instead and call for anyone to cashier?

And when no one responded after 10 minutes of me being on a register you asked me to go to guest service because "you weren't going to call again" in a way that suggested that you thought not calling for additional backup would really stick it to the rest of the sales floor!

By doing what you did you basically say "hey salesfloor team it's okay if you don't respond because GrandTheftAutumn, who does respond, will just continue to respond for you" and you teach me that any time I do respond for you that I'm risking putting myself further behind in my tasks than I'm usually accustomed to.

Obviously by the time I was finished with my lane it makes no sense for you to call for additional help but you probably should've called again well before it got to that point.

So thanks.

TTOTM: you were extremely obnoxious to me when i was doing my job, basically telling me i always do something i literally never have done

TTLOD:

Stop asking me to do everything you need done. SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE WORK IN THIS BUILDING. Also you have your own workcenter that gets 130 more hours per week than my workcenter does so ask one of your own TMs maybe???

TTOTL: If I'm WORKING in your workcenter, you're damn right I'm CLOCKED IN under your workcenter.
You got awful coy when you asked & I was blunt so you would've had to explain WHY I should clock in under my OWN workcenter when I'm working for YOU.
Everyone knows how you like to save hours for YOUR team but you are NOT gonna siphon hours off MY home workstation when we're already facing payroll cuts.
That's one of many reasons I don't like working in your workcenter & I did it ONLY to pick up hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back