To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM (More than one of you!):

Stop running fucking pallet jacks, flats, and shit into gondolas, shelving, and fixtures. I’m spending 2 days devoted to you (you know who you are) straightening and replacing parts. I know the job pays shit but take some pride in what you do and keep the place pretty.

TTOTM: I regret that I became irritated at you earlier, but you deserved a bit of it. During a very busy time, you offered to call the BUSIEST store in the metro area and then wondered why you were waiting on hold for so long?

Maybe I'm cranky here, but if a guest did online pickup for one piece of clothing, they can do it again for a different size. When we're backed up deep at the desk, we can't waste time on "1 in stock" items.

TTOTM: When you walkied me to go look for a baby item, I told you that I needed to put the guest on the phone on hold first. You knew I was dealing with a phone call because I told you. I didn't even have time to tell the guest to expect a bit of an extended hold and then write down the dpci of the baby item before you were back on the walkie asking if I had it yet. What was I supposed to do to meet your time schedule? Hang up on the caller with no explanation? You're not the only one in the middle of dealing with guests.

To those early morning flow team members: Once 7am hits you should know not to fucking block MY produce cooler, ambient room, Dairy cooler AND FREEZER with your HUGE pallets, and when I try to move them out of the way you have the nerve to get pissy with me and tell me to not move them. I cannot do my job and stock my produce/meat/dairy if your pallets are in the way. Hurry up, get your shit done and move them the fuck out of my way so I can do my job. NOT like you guys will ever listen or care. I may just have to put a sign DO NOT BLOCK THIS DOOR..

Anyone know it can be a huge safety concern? !!! If i'm in the freezer and someone blocked it with a pallet, and say if i didn't have my walkie on me.and I have no way out? even the Dairy cooler! Any fucking cooler!

Anyone know it can be a huge safety concern? !!! If i'm in the freezer and someone blocked it with a pallet, and say if i didn't have my walkie on me.and I have no way out? even the Dairy cooler! Any fucking cooler!
We have had that happen before...that TM is now very claustrophobic.

@redcounts any tm blocking those doors regardless of whether or not someone was in the coolers would get fired at my store, thats a major safety concern and even doing it once can set a bad precedent. i'd bring it up to an ETL or even the STL

This.. That is forbidden at my store, everyone has free permission to shove any fucking tub, cart, flat, U-boat out of the way of any of the cooler/freezer doors..

But on the flip side no one gives a shit if the fire doors are blocked and fire aisles are clogged up with tubs, pallets, z-racks and carts..

So in short we will let you burn to death but not freeze to death.. o_O

Leadership: "Just go ahead and backstock the (palletized) items in the other areas. We are out of space."
Me: "Have you've tried to look? We're not out of space."
"Yes, Just do it!.... Everyone else is doing it. We'll fix it later."

Me: Sees 7+ locations for multiple items and enough space down the original grouped aisles. Able to consolidate and clear backroom space in under 10 minutes.

"Why is the Flex Fulfillment and backroom location accuracy going down?" Why isn't the autofills/price changes/backstock being cleared?"

No support. Too many untrained/reliable hands involved in the process. Best practice out the window. My experience running the backroom is underappreciated by other newer, leadership who are clueless and inefficient. Can only do so much to patch every hole that comes up.

xKgpQqi9rs5Ms.gif

This.. That is forbidden at my store, everyone has free permission to shove any fucking tub, cart, flat, U-boat out of the way of any of the cooler/freezer doors..

But on the flip side no one gives a shit if the fire doors are blocked and fire aisles are clogged up with tubs, pallets, z-racks and carts..

So in short we will let you burn to death but not freeze to death.. o_O

Same. And on top of that? You have no idea how many times I've seen the isle to the gas shut off valve blocked at my store.... :eek:

"And on tonight's news, the Target at [redacted] exploded due to a blocked gas main valve - witnesses claim they heard an angry narwhal bellowing I warned you this would happen!"

Leadership: "Just go ahead and backstock the (palletized) items in the other areas. We are out of space."
Me: "Have you've tried to look? We're not out of space."
"Yes, Just do it!.... Everyone else is doing it. We'll fix it later."

Me: Sees 7+ locations for multiple items and enough space down the original grouped aisles. Able to consolidate and clear backroom space in under 10 minutes.

"Why is the Flex Fulfillment and backroom location accuracy going down?" Why isn't the autofills/price changes/backstock being cleared?"

No support. Too many untrained/reliable hands involved in the process. Best practice out the window. My experience running the backroom is underappreciated by other newer, leadership who are clueless and inefficient. Can only do so much to patch every hole that comes up.

xKgpQqi9rs5Ms.gif

Yep..

Not my fault the softlines team is now five days behind in the softlines push. They push the current day sort of and then when it gets busy they just jam it all the softlines stock room.. Yesterday they did nothing but reshop.. So much for finding anything.. And we are quickly running out of carts since they are full of hanging.

Same. And on top of that? You have no idea how many times I've seen the isle to the gas shut off valve blocked at my store.... :eek:

"And on tonight's news, the Target at [redacted] exploded due to a blocked gas main valve - witnesses claim they heard an angry narwhal bellowing I warned you this would happen!"
All the fire exits at my store are clogged with backstock. More like the Target Shirtwaist Factory, am I right?

STFU! Our guests do not come to Target to hear about you or learn your life story. I can't imagine that the guest you were checking out cared what the humidity level is in your home. Or the other guest was interested in the birth order of YOUR parents. How about engaging with the guest and ask questions about THEIR life. You know make the guest feel special, after all, they fund our paychecks. I pray I don't get placed on a register near you.

Last edited:
All the fire exits at my store are clogged with backstock. More like the Target Shirtwaist Factory, am I right?
Call the fire marshal or whoever handles that kind of safety concerns in your town.

Tell your ETL LOG to get on your PMT about it. Our SFS TMs we’re blocking it for a cool minute and I kept unblocking it till I huddled em and gave them a safety meeting.

“Maybe you haven’t noticed, but you’re working in a crammed warehouse full of CARDBOARD, PLYWOOD, AND HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS. STOP BLOCKING THE WAYS OUT.”

Tell your ETL LOG to get on your PMT about it. Our SFS TMs we’re blocking it for a cool minute and I kept unblocking it till I huddled em and gave them a safety meeting.

“Maybe you haven’t noticed, but you’re working in a crammed warehouse full of CARDBOARD, PLYWOOD, AND HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS. STOP BLOCKING THE WAYS OUT.”
Only works if you have store leadership who cares about little details like that. I think our PMT used to try to enforce things like that but got too much resistance from all levels and just focuses on keeping the things we've broken from getting much worse.

Only works if you have store leadership who cares about little details like that. I think our PMT used to try to enforce things like that but got too much resistance from all levels and just focuses on keeping the things we've broken from getting much worse.

Tell him to put in a mysupport for a fire inspection. We work for the district at the end of the day. It’s easy to check a goofy leadership team in a completely legal manor.

PMT just needs some balls. As a senior TL equivalent they have the right to coach and put TM's on a CA. One of ours put a TM on a corrective for blocking a fire exit.

TTOM: you are literally the light of our store and everyone thinks so. You are the kindest person I’ve ever met and I genuinely love working with you, I’m amazed you haven’t become bitter from working here after so long like all of us but I’m so glad you haven’t. If you ever quit we would all probably die because you basically save the store on each of your shifts. Love u (platonically)

TTOSTL: Yeah I see those bales in the steel. I'll get to them when I can get my hands on a key. Which nobody can give me an actual answer why the receiver gets a Crown key but not a Yale key. Because this stupid company decided to halfass replacing our equipment so there's two different brands of powered equipment and somehow not enough keys to go around. So I have to personally track down somebody with keys when I need to access the steel because like always, my radio mysterious stops working when I need something. Those bales have been up there all week and they'll probably be up there another week, during which you won't say another word about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back