To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
And even if the 5 were in the store somewhere, if they're not in their designated spot they might as well be, because good luck finding whatever random spot they've been stashed in.

TTOTM: Really? Really??? I have my PINK hoodie on, I took clothes out of a handbasket and walked past you, and took them into a fitting room for several minutes. As I come out and put the clothes back into the handbasket I'm kvetching about how clothing designers assume fat women are shaped like men and how much gap in the waist one pair of pants had. And after all that you ask me if I can cover the phone for your break???
without thinking ive done this to a sltm who was shopping his day off. He wasn’t trying anything on, but he came to the desk area to say hi to me and i asked him to watch my break lol. I didn’t see the plain clothes.

without thinking ive done this to a sltm who was shopping his day off. He wasn’t trying anything on, but he came to the desk area to say hi to me and i asked him to watch my break lol. I didn’t see the plain clothes.

The part I left out though is that I was the one scheduled to replace her at the end of her shift nearly an hour later. So there could be no way I was already on the clock when she still had nearly an hour of her shift left.

Everyone knows that when the my device says there's 0 on the floor and 0 in the back, the number of items on hand in parenthesis is a fictitious number, and the item is actually out of stock.
Not trying to stick up for an asshole, but the "on floor" amount is actually the meaningless number. It is far, far, far more common to have it showing the incorrect number on the floor vs an incorrect on hands number. If the capacity for the item is set to 5, then someone shoves out all 10, when 5 of them sell it will show 0 on floor, 0 in back, 5 on hand.

Not trying to stick up for an asshole, but the "on floor" amount is actually the meaningless number. It is far, far, far more common to have it showing the incorrect number on the floor vs an incorrect on hands number. If the capacity for the item is set to 5, then someone shoves out all 10, when 5 of them sell it will show 0 on floor, 0 in back, 5 on hand.
It's never that way here. X on hand is never on hand. I learned that the hard way when I told a guest that we had 23 items since it said 23 on hand and it was actually out of stock. The only time I've seen X on floor wrong is when something lost its tag and sat around without a tag for a while and then its one off. So yeah, those 5 didn't actually exist.

TTOSBTM: I hope to Hell the SBTL reamed you for not washing your hands after you used the bathroom. That’s just disgusting.

TTOETL

I USED to respect you. You would fire incompetent tms. Call out other ETLs for not being fair. And coach the ones even if they suckup to you.

The fact you let this pos go on a vacation we denied back on December and callout for his shifts shows how you play favorites.

Jokes on you bitch, the market teams morale is going straight to hell when he shows up for c&s on Tuesday with no punishment for calling out four straight shifts.

Don't expect me to cover for you when they ask why he's still working here.

It's never that way here. X on hand is never on hand. I learned that the hard way when I told a guest that we had 23 items since it said 23 on hand and it was actually out of stock. The only time I've seen X on floor wrong is when something lost its tag and sat around without a tag for a while and then its one off. So yeah, those 5 didn't actually exist.

At my store that would mean 23 of something had been stashed where it didn't belong so it's in the store SOMEWHERE but good luck finding it. Or it's on some random clearance endcap, flex spot, aggravated gifting display, etc. etc. I have lost track of the number of times I've told guests we don't have something because it's 0 on floor, 0 in back, x on hand and then found the thing later on in the day.

Unless it's a small or random thing, with a count of 23 it's almost certainly not out of stock, it's just not where it belongs.

ASANTS and all that, though, so your store may just be way shittier at inventory management than most.

At my store that would mean 23 of something had been stashed where it didn't belong so it's in the store SOMEWHERE but good luck finding it. Or it's on some random clearance endcap, flex spot, aggravated gifting display, etc. etc. I have lost track of the number of times I've told guests we don't have something because it's 0 on floor, 0 in back, x on hand and then found the thing later on in the day.

Unless it's a small or random thing, with a count of 23 it's almost certainly not out of stock, it's just not where it belongs.

ASANTS and all that, though, so your store may just be way shittier at inventory management than most.

It was big jugs of laundry detergent. The size that will break something vital if you trip over the container. There is no hiding 23 of those. On hand means bupkis, the floor and back room numbers are nearly always right.

Wow. How the hell does a store lose 23 giant jugs of laundry detergent?

The mind. It boggles.

It was big jugs of laundry detergent. The size that will break something vital if you trip over the container. There is no hiding 23 of those. On hand means bupkis, the floor and back room numbers are nearly always right.
I promise you once you realize where each of those numbers come from, and how easy it is to manipulate the on floor number vs the on hand number, you'll understand why on floor means literally nothing. Mispicks still happen sometimes, I had over 300 of a certain type of Hatchimal on hand because the DC kept sending mispicks.

Then why last year did Hatchimals and Fire Sticks and the NES classic always have 0 in floor, 0 in back, and several on hand when we were always sold out?

TTOTM who asked me where the lint rollers are: I can't help but notice that you are sporting both a Zebra and one of the old-school PDAs, neither of which I've had all morning, why the fuck are you asking me? I mean, I know roughly where they are because I bought one the other day, but you have all the tools to find things in the store. Use them.

TTOGSA: I realize you've been on a medical LOA for five months, but believe it or not, I know what I'm doing at the SCO. I was asked to be the trainer over there so please stop double checking behind all of my decisions and acting like I'm a dumb POS. Because I'm not. I'm well aware that I need to confirm the guest's price change demand before I actually change the price. I did, thanks. While we're at it, when I say something is supposed to be damaged at GS, that doesn't mean "Oh it's an Online Item, it needs to go back out on the floor." It means it's damaged. You weren't there when those guests returned the item to the store, you don't know why they did it. Also, would love it if you'd give me 1. my breaks on time and 2. all the breaks I deserve. You either give me my 15 and 30 within half an hour of each other and then fling me back out on the floor for 5 hours without my second 15, or you wait until literally 5 minutes before my compliance to send me on my 30. I'm not stupid, so I'd love it if you'd quit treating me like I'm the dirt under your feet. Thanks!

Then why last year did Hatchimals and Fire Sticks and the NES classic always have 0 in floor, 0 in back, and several on hand when we were always sold out?
Stolen.....those fire sticks could be stolen quite easy. Hatchimals were always on mispicks at my store.

TTOTM: thanks for taking all the PJ sets that are missing their mate and hanging them in one spot. Great idea, but you do need to repackage them. Cause the sets keep dropping in SFS/OPU orders that I have to INF since they are missing the mate..

You didn't seem to get that its killing us to do that.. I get that is a great idea but the orders won't stop dropping in until you repackage those PJ's.

To all unfortunate TMs who got let go in the last few weeks. Good luck in your future endeavors. To ETLs asking the front-end why they keep asking for back-up during these busy holidays (where we are exceeding daily sales), you all got rid of the support. If one department fails, so does another.

To all current TMs and other leaders who still care, please keep up the good work and productivity. I believe that someone should continue to do what's right. Lead by example. Thank You.

Last edited:
To that one seasonal TM

you're kind of a bitch, but you seem to try and be friendly, but you just don't seem right. You look high and tired all the time, you make super passive-aggressive comments, you've worked here for almost a month and a half and you're telling me how to do my job, you're even telling our PAs how to do their job. I got sent over to do something with eggs but didn't hear everything my ETL told me to do so I asked if you needed help with eggs and all I got was a really snarky "Why..?"

But, for some reason, you still try to be friendly and work. you confuse me, I hope you're not staying, I talked to the three other seasonals back here who have much better attitudes who have the same motivation to do their work as you do. You do your work, but your attitude is just horrible. Everything is just snark and bossing around when you have no semblance of authority, and yes, I will ignore what you "tell" me to do, instead of you "asking" me to do something.

If my other seasonals get the boot, and you stay, I will be pissed. I have a bit of a bias with my other seasonals because me and them have made a connection, we have things in common, we're work friends, but it's not a bias because I tried doing the same with you but you never took the hint that I'm friendly, want to get to know you, and want to be friendly, but you don't make it possible.

I will pick you apart, you're probably a drug-addict, you never shower, you're tired all of the time, you look stoned for half of your shift, and you're snarky up the ass for absolutely zero reason. You just need to lighten up, and you've told me bits and pieces of your life and maybe I can understand why you're like this, but please, abandon that shit at home and come to work to work, not be a sulky asshole.

It's just so strange because you will do whatever our TL and ETLs ask of you to do, but will never listen to the PAs of Frozen Dairy or do favors for any of the other TMs when they ask, instead, you literally try to boss us around and I had to stand up for one of the new guys because you were ragging on him for something he didn't understand yet... bcoding. You were literally about to scream at him, and I had to jump in and play down the situation, it was his 2nd day and you were extremely anal over nothing.

brb gotta take a shit.

@TTGOz sounds like he sucks but you keep trying to find the good in him like everyone else at your store.

Some people really do suck, trust your first instinct and steer clear of them.

Last edited:
I hate when I’m watching the front and the LOD walkies me to tell me we’re out of carts on one side ?? Like I get it’s my ~responsibility~ to make sure we have carts but the cart attendant has a walkie too? It goes like this:
LOD: “GSTL do you copy”
Me: “Go ahead”
LOD: “You’re out of carts on electronics side”
Me: “Copy that. Cart attendant do you copy?”
Cart Attendant: “Go ahead”
Me: “We’re out of carts on electronics side.”
The LOD can just be like “Hey GSTL and cart attendant we’re out of carts on electronics side” boom done instead of clogging the channel

Wow. How the hell does a store lose 23 giant jugs of laundry detergent?

The mind. It boggles.

Mis-pick on a pallet of that shit. Not stowed in the steel when they put that those cases, not backstocked at all, not pushed to the right place so you have three shelves of that mis pushed. Easy if the flow team is dumb enough and mine is 23 is easy to lose. Or they broke bottles of it and just tossed them instead of ESIM/Defecting them - seen that a couple times..

To Those GSTMs: Would it kill you to check the sewn in or imprinted neck tag before accepting a return? I'm not asking the super tiny dpci tag, just the one that lists manufacturer and size. I don't like having a Faded Glory shirt with a Target tag attached coming back in the reshop. I also don't like a "complete" pajama set coming back with a medium top and an extra large bottom. Thank you.

To Those GSTMs: Would it kill you to check the sewn in or imprinted neck tag before accepting a return? I'm not asking the super tiny dpci tag, just the one that lists manufacturer and size. I don't like having a Faded Glory shirt with a Target tag attached coming back in the reshop. I also don't like a "complete" pajama set coming back with a medium top and an extra large bottom. Thank you.
GSTMs should be checking basic things like brand but sometimes if a guest dumps a pile on us and there’s a long line we have to go fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back