To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. Last winter (2016) I had a guest attempt to "return" a promotional tee-shirt received for a 5K race in 2002. Sewed in the seam tags from something Mossimo, brought it in with the receipt that matched the tags, and claimed the item didn't have a hang tag so the cashier typed it into the register.

To all those guest service TMs that called out today: fuck you. You know there’s only a couple people in the whole store that are able to do guest service and you calling out pretty much doubled the workload for all of us. If you don’t want a job that makes you work holidays then quit so we can get people that show up when we need them.

Heh. Last winter (2016) I had a guest attempt to "return" a promotional tee-shirt received for a 5K race in 2002. Sewed in the seam tags from something Mossimo, brought it in with the receipt that matched the tags, and claimed the item didn't have a hang tag so the cashier typed it into the register.
That’s actually hella smart. If I wasn’t paying attention it would probably get past me since I just do a quick glance for hair/lint I don’t really actually look at the clothes. How’d you catch it?

To just about all of the TM's on here and off of here. Merry Christmas and hopefully Santa brings ya'll hours sooner than BTS.

To those seasonal cashiers:
I'm busy setting up Starbucks; this entails:
grinding/brewing four airpots of coffee, brewing four pitchers of tea & two pitchers of iced coffee while filling an espresso machine, cleaning & warming up the oven, setting up a pastry & sandwich case, setting out creamers as I'm straightening the cafe area.
So coming up & expecting me to make you a drink before opening so you can take it to your lane (when I can't even have a cup of water in my area) is a big fat NOPE.
Getting pissy about it means you'll get decaf when you come back later.

grinding/brewing four airpots of coffee, brewing four pitchers of tea & two pitchers of iced coffee while filling an espresso machine, cleaning & warming up the oven, setting up a pastry & sandwich case, setting out creamers as I'm straightening the cafe area.
So coming up & expecting me to make you a drink before opening so you can take it to your lane (when I can't even have a cup of water in my area) is a big fat NOPE.
Oh gosh I would smack a person. Just because you work here, does not mean that I can/will bend over backwards to accomodate you outside the regular routine.

When I worked at Cafe, I used to have a lot of flow TMs show up at 8am on the dot and expect breadsticks and pizzas right away...didn't matter how many times I explained that I DIDN'T HAVE ANY READY (well, pizzas, not breadsticks; I could put those in the oven but never started prepping pizzas until 8:30 or 9), they still got mad that they weren't getting their food RIGHT THEN and would come back the next day and do the same thing.

Sure, I can drop what I'm doing and top you a pizza, but you're gonna have to wait at least TEN MINUTES because I have the clear the make-table, top your pizza, and then put it in the oven for 7m. Stop yelling at me because you're on your 15 and you want your pizza NOW. It's 8am. We technically don't start selling pizzas until 10am.

That’s actually hella smart. If I wasn’t paying attention it would probably get past me since I just do a quick glance for hair/lint I don’t really actually look at the clothes. How’d you catch it?
Heh. It was printed across the front with the race name and date. Kinda like the graphic tees we currently have in menswear. Hard to miss.

@TTGOz sounds like he sucks but you keep trying to find the good at him like everyone else at your store. Some people do suck, trust your first instinct and steer clear of them.

Here's a funny kicker... I was pulling a man caf in freezer Sunday when apparently the seasonal I don't like burst into the dairy cooler with everyone but me in there purging the cooler backroom WACOs, and told them something along the lines of "I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, it sounds like someone has a problem, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but if I am, I'm sorry"

Apparently, someone else on my team told someone before I must have. That entire rest of the day was just awkward but he had it coming.

I also found out at least one of my seasonals I do enjoy is staying, that's a merry christmas for me.

Same at pharmacy. We JUST opened, have 20+ in the queue due in less than an hour and you want me to ring you out “because (I) don’t look busy.” Just because I’m standing in 1 place doesn’t mean I’m “not busy.”

TTOTM: telling us to “just ring people out, we’re busy up front.” Isn’t going to happen. We are busy back here as well. The look on your face when I told you “no, we have our own work to do” was priceless, though. Go ahead and “talk to the STL,” he can’t do a damn thing!

TTOETL: It's been four days and I'm still incredibly pissed that you decided because I didn't have any vendors the Saturday receiving shift somebody (clearly not you?) gave me was better put towards backstocking. Because it's not like I planned my whole fucking week around having a day all to myself to catch up without any distractions.

Also, what the fuck were you thinking when you "tried" to "help" me by "loading" today's sweep.

TTOTL: WHY DOES IT ALWAYS SOUND LIKE YOU'RE YELLING OR ABOUT TO IT'S KIND OF UNCOMFORTABLE AND ONE OF THE REASONS I DON'T TALK TO YOU UNLESS I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

TTOGSA: Stop nit picking everyone and stop with the favoritism. It's so obvious. If you see me opening ship-to-store boxes, do NOT open your mouth and say "Can you check in flexible fulfillment?" Um, goddamn, I'm already doing it? You're so insecure FFS.
Don't nit pick my trainees while ignoring your trainee's epic failures. Don't pit TM against TM. You're not a manager, you're a whiny, bossy, little bitch.

TTOTM: Don't put the regular Dove/Axe 2 packs (buy 2 and save) on the shelf with the seasonal 50% gift boxes.
Don't get out some random Easter candy and put them on the shelf with the reduced Christmas candy. We don't even have the Easter candy section set but there are Cadbury eggs and Reeses Eggs on the shelf with Christmas candy. Sorry guest you will have to pay the full $0.89 for that Cadbury egg it isn't Christmas-y.
The 4 for $11 sign (flip sign) on top of the Coke display has been there all week even though the correct sale sign for the 3 for $10 is all over the shelves.
Sorry I was too sick and wanted to get home after picking up a Hickory Farms box after my cashier shift this evening and didn't report these.

TTOTM: Don't put the regular Dove/Axe 2 packs (buy 2 and save) on the shelf with the seasonal 50% gift boxes.
Don't get out some random Easter candy and put them on the shelf with the reduced Christmas candy. We don't even have the Easter candy section set but there are Cadbury eggs and Reeses Eggs on the shelf with Christmas candy. Sorry guest you will have to pay the full $0.89 for that Cadbury egg it isn't Christmas-y.
The 4 for $11 sign (flip sign) on top of the Coke display has been there all week even though the correct sale sign for the 3 for $10 is all over the shelves.
Sorry I was too sick and wanted to get home after picking up a Hickory Farms box after my cashier shift this evening and didn't report these.
Big box of Cadbury eggs left in the reshop cart at Guest Services on Christmas Eve. Maybe they weren't eggs, but wrapped reindeer turds?

TTOTPS: Chill the hell out. I worked here for 2 and a half years before leaving the first time, so I know how the hell to do my job. You don't need to tell me how to follow someone on camera, or bark at me to receipt check a guy with 3 dysons that I had already started talking to. (Especially since you were hired only 3 weeks before I was hired back.)
And thank you for your service and 2 tours in the Sandbox, but you while may have more experience with stress and adrenaline I'm not exactly untested myself, especially with anything we'll likely deal with in Target

oh great and now because of the remodel we have to train all the new plano people so I get to overnight next week to help train them

I lose New Year's now!

I've honestly had it.

Gonna go get certified with Microsoft stuff and then get a new job in the middle of the remodel like fuck them from taking every single winter holiday from me

TTOGSTL- You are a GSTL. a “team lead”. When i call you up for a guest a guest service, don’t roll your eyes and start whispering what you think about the guest to me. We are right in front of them. I felt like I was the manager in that situation. I was apologizing for the wait and explaining policy because you were too busy talking it up with the GSA behind guest service, when you were supposed to be finding the guests item online. (She wanted to buy an item that didn’t have any barcodes, tags, labels or anything so we resorted to target.com to find it) Learn to take responsibility of your position. Too many times I’ve called you up and you were absolutely no help.

TATETLS: I’m the only leader on the floor, a couple weeks before Christmas, when you got me filling endcaps, managing the team, covering the front *because the person you put in charge didn’t know how to run the front* AND coming up with a plan for the night, please have your shit together, and please don’t have the audacity while I’m trying to finish everything before I had to leave, after dealing with the mess, ALL OF YOU ask if I wanted to stay for OT you heard nothing but my laughter and the sound of boxes hitting a flat bed. I bet this was the first time you all saw me irritated on the verge of pissed off at work.

Last edited:
TTOGSTL - BRING ME MY CHANGE I REQUESTED! Good lord! It’s your job to bring cashiers change. I don’t like giving someone 8 dimes in change because you can’t bother to bring me a roll of quarters. Or rounding up to the nearest 5¢ because I have no pennies. Check for change requests. Check often. Don’t make me press the “additional cashiers needed” button and turn on my light just so you can saunter over to see what I need. I need change. Bring it to me without making me beg. Thanks.

TTOGSTL - BRING ME MY CHANGE I REQUESTED! Good lord! It’s your job to bring cashiers change. I don’t like giving someone 8 dimes in change because you can’t bother to bring me a roll of quarters. Or rounding up to the nearest 5¢ because I have no pennies. Check for change requests. Check often. Don’t make me press the “additional cashiers needed” button and turn on my light just so you can saunter over to see what I need. I need change. Bring it to me without making me beg. Thanks.
When I run out of change I'll call them on the walkie to let them know I need change, or in the off chance I don't have a walkie, I'll flash. Sometimes the GSA/GSTL is too busy to notice that you've put in for change. At least at my store, it's way easier to just walkie, flash, or go "Oh hey, when you get a moment, I put in for some $5s!" than it is to just wait around and hope they notice.

Yes, getting change in my store is like pulling teeth. I have waited as long as 1.5 hrs before I've thrown in the towel and put on my blinker. I could only go that long because subsequent guests happened to pay with the change that I was low on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back