To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM in the backroom. Quit acting like a bitch when we are pulling price change. Yes, I know you are trying to work. We are too. So giving us dirty looks and acting all bitchy isn't helping.

Yes, getting change in my store is like pulling teeth. I have waited as long as 1.5 hrs before I've thrown in the towel and put on my blinker. I could only go that long because subsequent guests happened to pay with the change that I was low on.
I've waited HOURS to get change so I have to resort to hitting the 'add'tl assist' repeatedly until someone brings me change.
The last GSTL brought it with much attitude, saying 'We're kinda busy up front right now....'
I pointed to my SB line to the door & said 'Ditto.'

When I run out of change I'll call them on the walkie to let them know I need change, or in the off chance I don't have a walkie, I'll flash. Sometimes the GSA/GSTL is too busy to notice that you've put in for change. At least at my store, it's way easier to just walkie, flash, or go "Oh hey, when you get a moment, I put in for some $5s!" than it is to just wait around and hope they notice.

We only get a walkie if we are on SCO. And it isn’t the GSA’s who do this. Just the GSTL who is too “busy” wandering aimlessly around. They aren’t even “hosting” and calling for backup properly. (Not my favorite person - can you tell?)

Getting change can always be tricky for a few reasons. Sometimes the GSTL/GSA doesn't have alerts turned on in their Zebra. If you make a change request and the register prints a paper slip, they didn't get the alert so you need to turn on your flasher.

On the other hand (I'm not accusing anyone here of doing this) is waiting until you're completely out to ask for change. Even worse, running out and not telling the person who replaces you!

I also have a team member who sometimes requests too much change. You've already got $10 of quarters, why are you asking for $20 more when I only have 4 rolls left with 6 hours before close?

TTOGSTL - BRING ME MY CHANGE I REQUESTED! Good lord! It’s your job to bring cashiers change. I don’t like giving someone 8 dimes in change because you can’t bother to bring me a roll of quarters. Or rounding up to the nearest 5¢ because I have no pennies. Check for change requests. Check often. Don’t make me press the “additional cashiers needed” button and turn on my light just so you can saunter over to see what I need. I need change. Bring it to me without making me beg. Thanks.

Open your goddamn mouth, and use your noise tube to communicate?

My only nightmare about chsnge requests is in the early morning when registers have a set amount of money and multiple people in a row need $40 withdrawn and my GSTL hasn't come and fulfilled my request.... The additional help button was used greatly for this purpose so they could come out of GS to see my flasher lol

I tell my newer cashiers (and back ups) to try and anticipate if they're gonna need change. Don't wait until you're out of quarters or down to 3 ones.
I ask my GSA if she's got alerts on when I come in.
I call LOD for change advances when we run out of tens.
And if the first guest of the day waves a $100 at my cashier, I tell them that they can suspend and bring the guest to me until they've accumulated a few $20's.
It doesn't always work that way and they'll get run out of money right away but they know to put in a change order.

And yeah, hopping on a register that has NO MONEY is frustrating. People need to fucking be responsible.

If I know I am running low on 10s and 20s and it will be some time before the GSTL gets back, I will mention it to guests before the transaction starts.

"Just to let you know, I don't have much change for for big bills or cash back right now." Most guests want to be cooperative and I never preemptively deny it.

My never failing method: when opening up a lane, open the drawer and see what you need and put in a change request before you even turn on your light. Hand your slip/verbally tell your GSTL what you need. They’ll get it, put it in your drawer, now you’re good to go.

When replacing someone on a lane: sign out, sign in and open drawer see what you need/put in request before helping the next guest. Turn on your top light and then help the guest. When the GSTL comes over, tell them what you need. They’ll get it, then you’ll be able to put it in.

When I’m watching the front, I pay attention to each alert on the mydevice because I know how annoying it is when my GSTLs ignore them. If I get a change request alert, I’ll grab it right away. If I get a “help needed” I’ll go there right away. Etc. I wish everyone else paid more attention to the alerts they’re very useful!!!

When I back up cashier I always drop change requests for that register if it needs it.. Either when I open the drawer the first time or before I leave so the next person has some money to deal with.

Also if you have a fuckton of cash in there and this happens most in 4th quarter where you have way to much in cash call for a pick up.. I had a big cash purchase for a office pool and it stuffed my drawer so I had an ETL do a pick up so when that drawer opened no one got grabby cause it was overflowing with cash... They can do that too..

TTOG: I really hope you are a seasonal and you won't be staying. You compiled quite a list of things that annoyed the fuck out of me in one transaction.

#1 The guy in front of me had several storage tubs that are not transparent stacked together and you didn't separate them to verify nothing was hidden between them. After he was gone and I said in a friendly way "Hey, next time you might want to check between storage containers, some people hide things between" you said okay but it was clear by the tone of your voice and the look on your face that you didn't care.

#2 I told you that I hadn't realized my bag of cat food had a tear when I grabbed it and it needed to be set aside to be defected. You looked at me and asked "Does this mean you don't want it?" Hello, it's food! It may not be people food, but it is food. Would you want to eat something out of a punctured container? And then you just mixed it in with the reshop, you really didn't care that it was food in a punctured container.

#3 My cart is still ⅓ full of groceries and you tell me to bring my cart forward so the bagged groceries can be put in it since you're running out of room. Wait, do you really want to mix up scanned items and unscanned items in the same cart? Um, no. And as I recall you were insistent about that same thing the last time you checked me out. Well, no, I'm not mixing scanned and unscanned. And then 2 bags later you said you needed me to put bags in my cart because you had run out of room on the counter. My cart was not that full, the contents were not even as high as the sides of the cart, much less piled higher than the sides like many people do. No one else has ever ran out of room when checking me out, even when I had more items. Find room, because I am not going to mix scanned and unscanned. And of course when I finally do empty my cart and go down to the end to put bags in, there was still space for at least three other bags.

#4 You put a cooked item in a bag and raw meat on top of it. Gee, yeah, I like a side of e. coli when I eat fully cooked items. And worse, it's not like the meat was in a sealed package, it was the leaky plastic wrap over styrofoam. And when I protested, you looked at me like I had grown a second head and said "You want it separate?" Um, yeah. Ick. I don't need cross contamination between my food items.

TtLeadership team. ...it is new years eve. I am just starting to pull the seasonal plu batches...everything is already 70% off, and yes the holiday candy batch was two and a half pallets what did you expect? How does any of this make sense..

TtLeadership team. ...it is new years eve. I am just starting to pull the seasonal plu batches...everything is already 70% off, and yes the holiday candy batch was two and a half pallets what did you expect? How does any of this make sense..

yep.. Same here.. What I did in between SFS pulls yesterday. We printed the report so we could pull in between all the other shit we have to do..

Best quote of the week: New STL to our pricing TL who had clearance everywhere since no PTM had been done.. "So you think you will come clean on today?" I thought she would deck him.. this was on Tuesday.. After she had already been there for over 12hrs at this point.. And looking at doing another 12hr day tomorrow..

When I left they were still pulling and it was at five pallets of mixed shit, would have been almost ten but people were pushing or rather I mean throwing it into seasonal. Including several end-caps that NEVER hit the floor.. I wondered where the S&H bulb kits were, they were in boxes in the back never set.. And those sell like hot cakes.. Glad I don't work today cause POG wanted to reset most of seasonal today.

Yeah - sure. If they would be so kind as to carry their ass out of TSC so I could yell their way I could do that. o_O

Problem solve my friend. It's a 50/50 issue.

My store only had 2 cashiers scheduled for most of the day besides SCO, so when 1 went on break, things got a little dicey at times. My store just can't adequately schedule.
What gets me is, you print out the grid, you know what time everyone is supposed to go, you can change that to balance times. This person simply cannot manage to save their life.

Ttotms : stop scanning everything that comes thru the fitting room under price change .. you are f....up ! You are not helping by activating one damn dcpi and not all sizes ... and you salvage some but not all the items ...Because on those damn zebras the next day’s work can be activated early ...
just f...Ing stop !
Scan under none , if something is not marked you can then print a label ...
I tried to explain that to 3 softline TM and the VM , but to no avail ..they don’t get it , they seem to think they are helping !
And someone salvaged without really salvaging all the Deadpool Pjs etc a day early and put them with all the other salvage in the backroom ..
Just zone your areas and that would help !
I just switched over pricing team and I am ready to hurt someone ....

My store only had 2 cashiers scheduled for most of the day besides SCO, so when 1 went on break, things got a little dicey at times. My store just can't adequately schedule.

You got two?? Fancy.. My store scheduled one cashier from 8am to 12pm on New Years day. Lines back to Shoes.. Which half way deep in the store.. Back up cashiers? Not with E2E they are pushing the truck. Have to get the floor cleaned up! Two people for GS one in the cash office and that line was back into the cartwell we don't use.. Oh what a mess it was.. Glad I wasn't working for it, me and dog took a lap to people watch..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back