To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on your store leadership. I get denying guest but team members should be able to use boxes. Moving is expensive and who cares if we dont send in a few because a team member took some. Considering how much cardboard a store gets a few boxes doesn't hurt.

Heck I used repack boxes then just returned them once I got settled in my new place.
Oh I agree, I was just under the impression it was a standard policy everywhere. But I agree, and re-using the boxes is technically recycling anyway lol

I can see being upset with a TM who takes the return-to-DC boxes. But not Sterilites and such that we use for Salvage/CRC.

Oh I agree, I was just under the impression it was a standard policy everywhere. But I agree, and re-using the boxes is technically recycling anyway lol
But Target doesn't make money off of TMs recycling the boxes at home...

Considering how much recyclables ends up in the trash anyways, what hurt does a few boxes do?

To several TM's who haven't figured out what a code yellow is....if you have the child and no parents. Not a code yellow. If you have the parent and no kid, they are walking down the aisles looking for their kid or approach you about it then that's a code yellow. This happens once a week and calling it disrupts business.

To several TM's who haven't figured out what a code yellow is....if you have the child and no parents. Not a code yellow. If you have the parent and no kid, they are walking down the aisles looking for their kid or approach you about it then that's a code yellow. This happens once a week and calling it disrupts business.

Having been in that situation once, what is standard protocol when you have the kid but not the parent? No one ever told me what to do. All I could think of to do was not to show I was panicking, act like it was nothing but a thing so the kid wouldn't panic, and herd her to Guest Services so her mother could be paged or so she would be where her mother would be sent if the mother asked another TM for help. I found the mother along the way thank goodness, though the kid got hit several times as they went straight for the exit so I felt that I handled things wrong.

Having been in that situation once, what is standard protocol when you have the kid but not the parent? No one ever told me what to do. All I could think of to do was not to show I was panicking, act like it was nothing but a thing so the kid wouldn't panic, and herd her to Guest Services so her mother could be paged or so she would be where her mother would be sent if the mother asked another TM for help. I found the mother along the way thank goodness, though the kid got hit several times as they went straight for the exit so I felt that I handled things wrong.
First, calm the kid down. Bring to GS, offer stickers, tell them it’s gonna be fine. Page parent over loud speaker. Offer more stickers.

If you thought the kid was in danger you can talk to AP

TTOTM: Stop harassing me about getting more hours when you refuse to open up your availability or cross train in departments that need TMs. If you really wanted more hours you would do that. Stop telling me it looks like I play favorites even after I've showed you that the only people who are getting anywhere near 40 hours are the closers CAUSE THAT'S WHEN I NEED PEOPLE! You've been here long enough to know that hours suck in February.

TTOETL: Stop getting on me about not being on the floor for the entirety of my LOD shift. You schedule a 2 hour meeting the second I walk in for my closing shift and then you don't say shit when everyone leaves by 5pm right after the handoff. Hello if I'm doing my math right M and MLOD should not be leaving before 8pm. When the hell am I supposed to have time to check my metrics, store updates, and performance my team??? Why is it ok for you guys to spend an hour having lunch talking about the inane bullshit but I'm not supposed to spend 20 minutes having a working lunch?? Fuck off.

TTOTM: Stop harassing me about getting more hours when you refuse to open up your availability or cross train in departments that need TMs. If you really wanted more hours you would do that. Stop telling me it looks like I play favorites even after I've showed you that the only people who are getting anywhere near 40 hours are the closers CAUSE THAT'S WHEN I NEED PEOPLE! You've been here long enough to know that hours suck in February.

Reminds me of our tm mad she isn't getting 40 hours between her 9 to 4pm Monday through Friday availability.

That's not even possible!

To that one STL: I am glad you called me to come in earlier for shift today since it was busy, but please communicate that to the GSTL on duty, since she was never notified that I was coming in early and she became irritated that she had to adjust my break sheet so that I wouldn't hit compliance.

Well, that certainly adds fuel to the WIC post....

We had another its not a real code yellow today. So at huddle they were like you have to run all lost child issues though the LOD. Hope your kid doesn't get really kidnapped in my store.

We had another its not a real code yellow today. So at huddle they were like you have to run all lost child issues though the LOD. Hope your kid doesn't get really kidnapped in my store.
it's not hard. though they should just have a code for missing parent. i propose code purple (opposite of yellow on color wheel)

EDIT: im actually really proud of myself for coming up with that lol

it's not hard. though they should just have a code for missing parent. i propose code purple (opposite of yellow on color wheel)

EDIT: im actually really proud of myself for coming up with that lol

Same group of people that didn't call a code green when a guest fell or code red when the hot dog roller catched on fire...ok not fire but sparked and was smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back