To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The horse may be high, but the view from up here is pretty clear. Of course, how often do you get to anonymously bash an exec? Bring it.

Are you saying your opinion is worth more because you are an exec.? Please don’t be a job title snob. I’m sure your mama is real proud that your position includes the word “executive” but that’s not relevant here. You are welcome to throw around your opinions and ideas along with the rest of us (as is researchr) but not your weight.

I understand your point, even if you ended it with an insult. But, answer this one: do you need an lpda every minute of every hour that you work like, say, a price change team member? If there were enough equipment to go around, I agree with you whole-heartedly. I'd give every member of the Flow team one as well. If the team using them at night, for "guest service" as you say, could turn them in, then this issue would be moot. You are obviously conscientious and have earned the trust that should be earned before being able to carry an lpda. Can you honestly say that about everyone you work with? Does the team member using it for reshop even know how to use the functions you mentioned? Insult me all you want, because you can't hurt my feelings. The horse may be high, but the view from up here is pretty clear. Of course, how often do you get to anonymously bash an exec? Bring it.
If you can't tell by my screen name I am instocks and do need an lpda for 3/4 of my work day but I keep it for the whole day. Our store used smart sort for all of a week before it was abandoned as an inefficient process. Therefore, when you are asked to help out in an area you are unfamiliar with, it is a great asset. Obviously not everyone is careful with equipment and there needs to be a strict in and out process. Most hardlines tms know how to use the aforementioned functions. I don't mean to be insulting, but walk a mile in my shoes before you assume you know better.

Just a little FYI....
due to the anonymnity of this site, anybody can be anything they SAY they are as long as they can back it up with knowledge.
Otherwise, this is a non-company sanctioned forum. We really don't give a rat's a$$ about where you are in spot's food chain.

Last edited:
I first heard about SmartSort while I was training another tm! I love the idea of it, but we'd probably never use it at our store, the carts are never full enough to need one.

I first heard about SmartSort while I was training another tm! I love the idea of it, but we'd probably never use it at our store, the carts are never full enough to need one.

oh my gosh!! If we ever had small amounts of reshop I would pass out (I literally came into more than a dozen carts unsorted at the fitting room this morning)

We have to sign out pdas. They are all numbered and if one goes missing we know who to blame

Wish my store actually did this. My old store did and it was a great thing.

We only use K8 sort stuff but don't scan out (like with the cart labels). There's usually enough PDAs or easily accessible price scanners to put things away correctly.

Obviously our store doesn't use it. It would be useless on the softlines cart anyway as I take those back and sort them into 3 carts (Mens/Shoes/IHL, GBI, and Jewelry/Accesories/Sleepweer with RTW folded) and a RTW z-rack.

At my store, we don't print the worklist for softlines and front end (particularly One Spot) as it would use a couple rolls of receipt paper for each cart.

To the team member who said they were with a guest when the phone went off for small appliances and the LOD made me, the pfresh closer, and PA, grab it, I saw you right when all this was going on in paper just chatting it up with security about NON security related things. Thanks for taking me away from my area when you should of got it. I dont mind getting it but I dont like when people lie about why they cant get it. BUT, thank you for touching up the zone in dry grocery, it was very appreciated.

Are you saying your opinion is worth more because you are an exec.? Please don’t be a job title snob. I’m sure your mama is real proud that your position includes the word “executive” but that’s not relevant here. You are welcome to throw around your opinions and ideas along with the rest of us (as is researchr) but not your weight.

You're the one who started with the insults, Missy. Personally, I don't define myself by my job and I'm old enough to be unconcerned with what Mama thinks. No one hates the title "executive" more than I do. But I appreciate your giving me permission to have an opinion.

Actually, I'm not proPDA for everyone. I am well aware that some areas have a greater need for PDAs and their need takes priority when PDAs are in short supply. I have loaned out my GSA PDA to someone who was working far more time-sensitive tasks than my own often enough to know that. I have also taken PDAs and walkies away from TMs who were holding on to them for no good reason. I just think you are focusing on the wrong issue. My store also has dealt with the disappearing PDA problem, every store has this problem. But PDAs being used by our afternoon and closing TMs who are working pulls, zoning and reshopping or doing other projects leftover by the morning crew isn't the reason early am and opening/morning TMs don't always have enough equipment. That problem is caused by too many TMs not turning in their equipment when they are done with them (a crime committed by TMs in every area, from every shift, including yours, Firewater) and/or the equipment captain not making sure broken equipment is sent out promptly so that broken PDAs aren't just piling up somewhere. And it may be true that not every TM with a PDA is using it to its maximum advantage, but they will certainly never learn how to if they never have one in their hand.

You have made an excellent point here.

I don't mean to be insulting, but walk a mile in my shoes before you assume you know better.

You should follow your own advice. I am over In Stocks at my store as well, and I know your job quite well. Your job is one of the positions I'm arguing for PDA control about.

We have to sign out pdas. They are all numbered and if one goes missing we know who to blame

That's the way it's supposed to work. Be thankful you're not in a store where it's acceptable behavior to leave cabinets unlocked or to block open doors to the equipment room.

Just a little FYI....
due to the anonymnity of this site, anybody can be anything they SAY they are as long as they can back it up with knowledge.
Otherwise, this is a non-company sanctioned forum. We really don't give a rat's a$$ about where you are in spot's food chain.

Did you think I was bragging? ETL-Logistics is pretty low in the food chain. I'm the underpaid assistant manager in charge of unloading trucks and listening to the rest of the store blame everything on the Flow Team.

Dear fellow cashier,

Since you picked a register right next to mine for the night, and you always get an ungodly amount of redcards, I decided to listen to see I if could pick anything up. But then I discovered that you will say anything to get a guest to sign up: even if it isn't the truth.

You told the same guest that she could use her Redcard credit card at any store. Then, when asked, you told her the interest rate was "18 or 19 percent.". Yeah, do what you need to do, but I'll keep my integrity and stick to not getting as many redcards.

Keeping a sense of humor always makes it easier.
Unfortunately mine seems to be slipping away from me in leaps and bounds.
G-d I need a vacation.

I never, ever, never thought I would ever write this one:

GTC to the dayside fitting room operator today for her hard work in making the fitting room brand again. Yesterday when I left it wasn't pretty but it wasn't as ugly as what she obviously came into.

To the other softline team members who helped her get the fitting room and softlines back to brand you all rock!!!

Every day I have to work with you, I'm coming one step closer to giving my 2-weeks' notice. I'm sick and tired of covering your ass, having to do my job AND your job because you "disappear" for 10-15 minutes a few times a day (and I'm talking IN ADDITION TO breaks/lunches). And I may be "soft spoken", but my hearing is excellent and I don't miss ANY of your "under your breath" jabs, even when you make them from across the pharmacy! I ESPECIALLY didn't appreciate the "looks like I'm doing EVERYTHING" comment today when you hadn't done a DAMN thing in the 3 1/2 hours you had BEEN THERE!!!! I'm at my wits end, but would miss everyone else there terribly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back