To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the flow tms. : if you can't work and talk at the same time ,just shut up !!!!

To the new aps ,you are working for Target ,not the FBI !!!!! So chill out !!!!

to those on the front who keep calling out...thanks for messing the whole store up every night but especially Friday nights. I also would like to say that I never, ever, ever want to do an all cashiering shift ever again.

To that team member who took the time to encourage me today & tell me he appreciated that i was a hard worker, thank you!

I let him know it helped me a lot today. I've gotten some flack for working too hard as if I'm trying to make a few look bad...mever crossed my mind, I want to be an asset to my team and I'm not going to slack off because retail is "unfair". It is what it is, every job in retail has its downfalls. Try living off commission and see if you don't work twice as hard just to break even. I'm thankful for my job and ill work my azz off in every work center they'll train me for to be able to get hours. I'm not trying to make TL, I'm trying to feed my family :)

Retail Girl, this is the most straight forward advice I can give you in regards to the LOD vs. GSA debate. Follow the orders of the highest ranking person, if not then you could be terminated. A GSA is the same level as you. The LOD is in charge of the store at the time and you should follow their instructions (of course use common sense and weigh the words of the STL in comparison to the flow TL for example). A GSA may think they know best but if they are trying to tell you to ignore the LOD then it shows they know nothing instead. When I am tasking out a TM or checking to see what they are working on and they inform me someone else has given them direction (be it another TL or the STL) then I might change the directions given. If I do I explain to them that I will go talk to the person and let them know why the instructions are being changed and that I will take full responsibility and the TM will not get into trouble, I also explain that we will still get the project completed and explain why the other project is taking precedence. Most of the time I won't change the directions because of a respect thing, unless it's just busy work or they are goofing off, etc.
For everyone about to spout off crap about how it's done at your store, you might as well save it. Don't get her in trouble because of your broken stores.

to those on the front who keep calling out...thanks for messing the whole store up every night but especially Friday nights. I also would like to say that I never, ever, ever want to do an all cashiering shift ever again.

preach. i did a 14 hour day as a cashier once. horror.

Retail Girl, this is the most straight forward advice I can give you in regards to the LOD vs. GSA debate. Follow the orders of the highest ranking person, if not then you could be terminated. A GSA is the same level as you. The LOD is in charge of the store at the time and you should follow their instructions (of course use common sense and weigh the words of the STL in comparison to the flow TL for example). A GSA may think they know best but if they are trying to tell you to ignore the LOD then it shows they know nothing instead. When I am tasking out a TM or checking to see what they are working on and they inform me someone else has given them direction (be it another TL or the STL) then I might change the directions given. If I do I explain to them that I will go talk to the person and let them know why the instructions are being changed and that I will take full responsibility and the TM will not get into trouble, I also explain that we will still get the project completed and explain why the other project is taking precedence. Most of the time I won't change the directions because of a respect thing, unless it's just busy work or they are goofing off, etc.
For everyone about to spout off crap about how it's done at your store, you might as well save it. Don't get her in trouble because of your broken stores.

Sorry but most LODs don't even know how the front end works as a whole, so your comment is pretty useless if you're saying you think the LOD knows best.

For example the time that the LOD said that it wasn't busy enough up front and we should make cashiers work reshop. Every lane had a guest checking out (not quite 1+1 though); anyways our checkout is fast scores had been abysmally red for the last 2 months, and I challenged the LOD on it. Later asked the GSTL+ETL-GE and they said I made the right move. Unless the LOD is the ETL-GE they probably don't have a clue whats going on for the front end because they're too busy out on the sales floor.

Notice though how I said the LOD came to ME, instead of just telling cashiers to go work reshop?

I'm not saying my ETLs are useless or anything, quite to the contrary in fact. They just focus more on macro-management instead of playing TL for every workcenter (hence the STL>ETL>TL>TM hierarchy...).

@RG, you probably didn't mean any harm and i apologize.

Oh, fabulous...nothing like getting sent to huddle (if I'm never going to be cross-trained, don't bother) and looking like a freaking moron first thing in the morning.

LOD, asking me what I am going to do to drive the attachment rate in electronics seems a bit silly...by the time the guests get to the lands, all we can do is offer ESPs. I never go to electronics, I know nothing about any of them or what attachments go with anything, and I already offer the ESP with everything. And no, I won't be walking around electronics before I punch in to try and learn that stuff. If it isn't important enough for you to pay me to do it, it isn't important enough for me to do.

To the cashier who rang me out today...

wow. Just wow. You looked at my reusable bag like you had never seen it before. When I suggested putting the food in it, you looked at me like I was nuts. Then you used 3 plastic bags, the last one had a cup of soup and my butter in it. Really? Then when you were done, you left the bags on the thing and stared at me again until I grabbed them. Okay...

I guess after five years, I'm overly critical. :hmm: It was just a really weird transaction...

I hate reusable bags with a passion (and try not to think about all the studies out there about the high bacteria count in them since they are rarely washed when I stick my hand in them), but I use them when offered to me at the beginning of the transaction with a smile. I'm not smiling so much if the guest waits until the very end to mention them and wants everything rebagged.

Sorry but most LODs don't even know how the front end works as a whole, so your comment is pretty useless if you're saying you think the LOD knows best.

For example the time that the LOD said that it wasn't busy enough up front and we should make cashiers work reshop. Every lane had a guest checking out (not quite 1+1 though); anyways our checkout is fast scores had been abysmally red for the last 2 months, and I challenged the LOD on it. Later asked the GSTL+ETL-GE and they said I made the right move. Unless the LOD is the ETL-GE they probably don't have a clue whats going on for the front end because they're too busy out on the sales floor.

Notice though how I said the LOD came to ME, instead of just telling cashiers to go work reshop?

I'm not saying my ETLs are useless or anything, quite to the contrary in fact. They just focus more on macro-management instead of playing TL for every workcenter (hence the STL>ETL>TL>TM hierarchy...).

@RG, you probably didn't mean any harm and i apologize.

Thank you for posting this. This is a prime ****ing example of what I was saying about GSA's who think they know everything but know nothing.
Do you think that they don't know how it works because they are not standing there with a clipboard? The LOD is responsible for the store, the GSA is responsible for cashiers, compare the two. All a GSA thinks about is check out is fast, the LOD is looking out for the store, let's take your example. The lanes are not even 1+1, the LOD sees this, he knows the floor is behind or could get ahead by a cashier pushing some reshop (hey, the floor helps the front all the time...REPAY THEM), so anyway the LOD is considering all work centers and trying to utilize the resources available but the high and mighty GSA who knows all doesn't want to give up one of his cashiers that isn't even swamped. This is a classic example of small scope vs. large scope, guess where you fall. ****ing useless position.

@Retail Girl, listen to the LOD over a ****ing GSA. The LOD can fire you, the GSA can whine to the GSTL (who will tell him to stfu once he found out the LOD tasked you out)

Last edited:
I hate reusable bags with a passion (and try not to think about all the studies out there about the high bacteria count in them since they are rarely washed when I stick my hand in them), but I use them when offered to me at the beginning of the transaction with a smile. I'm not smiling so much if the guest waits until the very end to mention them and wants everything rebagged.

I know how annoying they can be, so I try to have mine out and ready for the cashier. She just didn't pack it very well and was very awkward during the whole transaction. I know how people can be, so I try to be as pleasant as possible to cashiers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back