To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, to get this thread back on topic........

To that one cart attendant: I don't know why they even let you carry a walkie. All you ever use it for is to call the other cart attendants and have them go to 2. You don't even respond when someone calls you. It's no wonder you don't ever get scheduled by yourself.

you have 2 cart attendants at a time? that's a big store.

Of course, I wonder why some of our attendants carry walkies because they don't answer them either. But one does have a legitimate excuse, he is hard of hearing in one ear but he wears the walkie up near his good ear.

We have a hardlines associate who is absolutely useless about using the walkie.

He's supposed to be back zoning e-f. You call for backup from the boat ... nothing.

He's never seen except when he's scheduled to cover your lunch/break and then he's nancy mcforceful about being there.

he will occasionally come 'tidy up' the boat which is Latin for move everything around so the service walk people cant find their list and the TMs dont know where that game went they were holding for a guest.

One of those people you think about throwing in the QMOS. But ... nevermindthat ... cuz he's been with Spot for like 800 years and has unspoken 'authority' even though he's still as much a peon as the rest of us.

I'm deaf in one ear. So when I'm on the floor, the walkie is on the good side, when there's a chance someone will be trying to reach me. On the lanes, it's on my deaf side so it doesn't distract me (since no one will ever call for me unless I've called them first).

you have 2 cart attendants at a time? that's a big store.

We're only an A+. We only have double coverage on Saturdays (when it's horrifyingly busy) and at closing on Sundays (when the cartwell gets cleared out for cleaning). The previously complained-about cart attendant only works on Sunday nights because he isn't allowed to be scheduled by himself.

To that team member who untied the pogs in soft decor for no reason (no reset or anything), thanks for making my job with pulling sales floor MIR's a lot harder. I literally had to scan 100 different products to find the right ones with MIR inquiry.

to that one tm who coded in my "raise" thanks so much for doing it wrong and taking away 12cents an hour from my paycheck. At least you did it wrong enough that it didn't retroactively take money from me. I know a quarter isn't a lot but when you go backwards and are trying to make ends meet with pennies it is a TON

To that one team member who was acting as a TL over Hardlines so the LOD (who happened to be the ETL-Hardlines, go figure) could sit in the TSC and do Jack Schitt: You may be a huge ****ing toolbag most of the time, but thank you for trying to make me feel encouraged about my progress in my zone tonight.

To that one TM....I don't particularly like you, but I tolerate you, because it just makes my life easier. So, when you asked me if I was headed out for the night, and I said yes, you really had no right to call me a "*****." That was uncalled for.

that would make me turn around and talk to the LOD...nobody has the right to call you a "....." especially within earshot of anybody. We had a TM come in just ranting and cussing out(words I would never ever use or think of using) another TM or TL (can't remember). He did not say them directly this to this person but instead in TSC just to two of us but we were horrified. We told an LOD and had to write the event down. Now I am not a tattle tale and I wasn't the one who told on this person but I am glad they did. I would, and have, told other TM's to watch their mouths...in our store it is an automatic coaching if you are heard cussing and I think it's corporate wide...but not sure.

to that one GSTL- thanks for the continued vote of confidence. I would get into the details but I am certain at least one TL reads the Break Room and we are a small store.

good lawd-to all of those tm's-we were already short staffed your call outs, no call, no shows and other shenanigans are just hurting the store and your fellow tm's...and in the long run your own hours when we don't make sales.

To that one TM....I don't particularly like you, but I tolerate you, because it just makes my life easier. So, when you asked me if I was headed out for the night, and I said yes, you really had no right to call me a "*****." That was uncalled for.

Sounds like the one who commented similarly the other day when I got to go home early for probably the first time EVER....well, not ever, but the first time in almost a YEAR when they go home every chance they get!!!

To that one cashier who was next to me on express tonight: Thank you for talking to me and helping me feel better after a ****ty day at my other job.

To the LOD: Thank you for letting me get away from the lanes and push reshop. It was nice to be able to move around for a little while........until the GSA called me back.

that would make me turn around and talk to the LOD...nobody has the right to call you a "....." especially within earshot of anybody. We had a TM come in just ranting and cussing out(words I would never ever use or think of using) another TM or TL (can't remember). He did not say them directly this to this person but instead in TSC just to two of us but we were horrified. We told an LOD and had to write the event down. Now I am not a tattle tale and I wasn't the one who told on this person but I am glad they did. I would, and have, told other TM's to watch their mouths...in our store it is an automatic coaching if you are heard cussing and I think it's corporate wide...but not sure.

I know someone who was fired for cussing out a couple of TLs and an ETL. Then again, he was already on a final anyhow. I'll never understand why he was so shocked when they cut him loose after that.

To the TM who got stuck on backup for an hour and was overwhelmed when you came back to the floor after that... It gets better, I promise! Thank you for reminding me that my fellow TMs are just as human as I am.

To the one team member who has to take the only freezer jacket that fits me....WTH? I even asked you when you were leaving the backroom if you had it, and you said you didn't think so, but you'd bring it back shortly anyways, yet 4 hours later it still wasn't back......really? The jacket is twice as large as you are, the other 20 smaller ones wouldn't work?

To that new TM I trained today. A bit of advice...on your first couple of days, shut up and listen! First, as you were observing me and I was talking about the register, you were more interested in making bagging more difficult for me and loading up guests' carts. Then, you actually had the nerve to argue with me in front of a guest about how I should do my job! It's a darn good thing I went to lunch soon after that, because that was not going to end well for either of us.

And trust me, you are the one that needs bagging lessons: unless a guest requests it, putting two two gallons of milk in one bag is not appreciated. And to ignore me when I point it out? I'm so thankful you will soon be Food Av/Starbucks problem.

to our STL-you are a bleepity bleep. You made one SL team members cry because she ended up for over half her shift not in her areas which led to her not being able to completely get her zone done. She has a soft heart because she has been mistreated by the ETL-GE (that's how she ended up with us). THEN you go and tell (in a not so nice tone, after the store closed) a team member who had just said she was queasy and didn't feel good and asked to go home 15 minutes early to smile all of the time. I am sorry, she doesn't feel good (I think she has a chronic illness)and she is kind to our guests and most of the team members some of us don't smile all of the time and most of us can't/won't smile when commanded to. She cussed like a sailor all the way to TSC and I would not be surprised if she puts in her 2 weeks shortly. We were just talking about how we have given up on hoping anything will change in the store. Oh, and between the 2 of those you allowed a softlines team member leave 15 minutes early...just because...when she could have and should have helped in the areas that needed her help. But, this one I am okay with because she is on CA for leaving early, coming in late so she is doing herself in.

These 2 SL team members are 2 of the best and you are headed toward losing them at a time when we are already shorthanded (like 20 people down....not any of our hires are sticking) and I have heard murmurs from every other section of the store of you needing to go.

I think he is somebody who needs to be trained in being human when talking to team members and team leads. And he is becoming one of those who doesn't leave his office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back