To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the team members that dont charge the equipment when you turn them in...

i hate you

If the cabinet is locked, it goes in the pile with the rest of the stuff waiting to be locked up. Seems to defeat the purpose of locking up the cabinet, but it also means the stuff isn't getting recharged.

If the cabinet is locked, it goes in the pile with the rest of the stuff waiting to be locked up. Seems to defeat the purpose of locking up the cabinet, but it also means the stuff isn't getting recharged.

our store used to be like that, but now all of our equipment is at the receptionist desk in a closet, not locked during the day or anything

To the HR-TM who does the schedule, thanks for giving me two GS shifts on the next schedule! Though putting me on for one of them out of my availability was not impressive.

Thus, thank you to the GS-TM who so nicely swapped shifts with me so I wouldn't lose a shift back there if I would have just given the problem back to hr.

To the GSA in training...I called you over because I needed someone with a walkie to call for the LOD (only manager type person on at the time....late evening in a ULV...it's how we roll), at the guest's request. It had nothing to do with the front end, anyway. So refusing to call for one and telling me that you were a manager? Dude...the new TMs may fall for it, but I know you are a TM like the rest of us who gets paid a bit more to take a lot more bs.

To the TM who was helping me out on another issue with the same guest, thank you for radioing up the LOD for me. Turns out. The LOD and AP had to out their heads together to figure it out, anyway, so miss "I'm a manager" wasn't going to get far anyway.

Sorry, cashier, but when the GSA is on the floor, he is a manager to the guests and to the team members. Lucky for you, he can't write you up for being a snot. You may be surprised to know that often times that GSA can answer the question, even if it doesn't pertain to the front end and the LOD will be grateul that he wasn't called to the lanes to listen to a complaint that a *mere* GSA could easily handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...I was not being a "snot" to her. The way I hold myself in person to people is entirely different than how I type out frustrations here. Deal with it. I was there, and knew from the guest that this wasn't going to be a GSA issue.

Also, when the LOD and AP are scratching their heads on how to best deal with it, I can pretty well guarantee that the GSA was NOT going to be able to handle it. And I would have let her attempt to handle it if she would have stayed there to help instead of jumping on a lane to cashier. So, when she decided to ignore the guest after telling me she could handle it, I was definitely out of options.

Every time you get called on an issue, you change the story. How convenient. No wonder that GSA you constantly whine about treats you the way he does. If you told me in front of a guest that I wasn't qualified to answer her question or that I wasn't a manager, I'd walk away from you also.

In addition, there are things that "mere" GSAs know about the store that the LOD and AP may not know. Depends on the LOD and AP. I know some of our ETLs know very little about other work centers. So don't count out that GSA so quickly next time. Or maybe the LOD and AP were scratching their heads because they couldn't believe you'd call them to answer a question that a cashier should have known the answer to. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry you had interviews scheduled yesterday, and I'm really sorry several of them were NCNS. Interviewing is your job, airhead. How do you think we'll get staffed for 4th quarter?

sigh, I really needed to get that off my chest - geez

Every time you get called on an issue, you change the story. How convenient. No wonder that GSA you constantly whine about treats you the way he does. If you told me in front of a guest that I wasn't qualified to answer her question or that I wasn't a manager, I'd walk away from you also.

I add facts....I don't change the story....I'm not a big talker, so I tend to leave a lot of stuff out....that's just part of my personality when it comes to stuff like this. And all I said to her when she came over was, "she would like to talk to a manager, could you walkie one for me?" She said she was a manager and could take care of it (I said nothing, mind you, that was the vent here) and she went and hopped on a lane. Again, you weren't there, so stop assuming you have all the facts.

You said nothing? She just walked away after telling the guest that she was the manager? Great story.

You said nothing? She just walked away after telling the guest that she was the manager? Great story.

We're not here to harass, are we? If you don't think the story is true or it has been twisted, just roll your eyes and move on. This is the internet, don't take it personally and don't make it personal.

I'm sorry. I probably took it too personally because my first day as GSA, one of the cashiers pulled "I need someone with a little authority to answer my question; why don't you go empty an abandoned bin or something?" Later I found out that I had gotten the job over her and there was a bit of jealousy involved, but it's still a sensitive subject. How about a little respect for your fellow TM?

I guess I need an "ignore this poster" button.

I'm sorry. I probably took it too personally because my first day as GSA, one of the cashiers pulled "I need someone with a little authority to answer my question; why don't you go empty an abandoned bin or something?" Later I found out that I had gotten the job over her and there was a bit of jealousy involved, but it's still a sensitive subject. How about a little respect for your fellow TM?

I guess I need an "ignore this poster" button.

I don't use it (even though I think I did a post suggesting it back during one rancorous exchange between two other posters) but there is an ignore feature.
You can edit your list from the settings page.

Yes, I said nothing. After I told her I needed someone to radio the LOD, and she explained she was the manager, she tried to get the guest's attention, who was more worried about the dolls with the switchable heads with the TM from toys. When she couldn't get the guest's attention, she hopped on back up instead.

I guess I didn't feel the need to mention that I think she is going to be a great GSA, because that wasn't the point of my post.

But please, if you haven't, put me on ignore....it's easier than having someone pull up previous things I've said to try to use against me. I promise you I'm not a terrible person and thought I could use this forum to vent. I guess if people are going to take me personally, it's time to not vent. Sorry.

to the management at our store....ARRRRRRGH....how the heck do you put somebody in charge of HR who has so many blatant favorites(she is a race favorite)...oh that's right, you have your favorites too. This is ridiculous.

to the FR last night when leaving the fitting room the way you did last night you do not throw the others under the bus you apologize. I came in to multiple....like 6 unsorted carts and a pigsty around the fitting room. My TL told me on the way to the fitting room, "I left you a note in case I didn't see you but please remember God loves you and so do I." So I knew I was walking in to crud. When I happened to see the FRO as I was leaving (she was late coming in) she said, well nobody was doing re-shop. These were carts that weren't even ready for reshop. I kept my mouth shut because if it had opened I am pretty sure I would have lost my job.

I came in to multiple....like 6 unsorted carts and a pigsty around the fitting room.

One night, on the weekend, the SL team told to do some super zoning at my Super Target. I wasn't working that night or opening the following morning, but I heard from multiple sources that there were 11 carts at the fitting room. 11 carts! I think I know which ETL that didn't let the team stay to work some of it out, too. They seem to have a vendetta against SL and it's gotten really old. I think the main SL-TL and the SL-ETL ripped that ETL a new one a few days later, fortunately.

Edit: Full carts, by the way, and probably a full rack and Z-rack. I didn't hear about those, but I fell like it's assumed when our team chatters about such things.

One night, on the weekend, the SL team told to do some super zoning at my Super Target. I wasn't working that night or opening the following morning, but I heard from multiple sources that there were 11 carts at the fitting room. 11 carts! I think I know which ETL that didn't let the team stay to work some of it out, too. They seem to have a vendetta against SL and it's gotten really old. I think the main SL-TL and the SL-ETL ripped that ETL a new one a few days later, fortunately.

Edit: Full carts, by the way, and probably a full rack and Z-rack. I didn't hear about those, but I fell like it's assumed when our team chatters about such things.

this happens an awful lot....especially now that I am splitting my time between hardlines and the fitting room. I seem to be the only fitting room person who doesn't leave a mess. One night I came into 12+ carts of unsorted reshop.How is it that most times I can catch up with reshop and rewraps in a 6 and 1/2 hour shift that everybody else can't come close to doing in the same amount of time or more? We were discussing the situation and most of the people who are back there are adequate....adequate doesn't cut it when we are short staffed, and becoming more so by the day (a team member put in their notice and another has changed availability to just weekend days) and when softlines already seems to be getting the short end of the stick attention wise.

You'd think the ETLs would get the message that product doesn't sell from a reshop cart.

"It's okay, Pricing and Instocks can take care of it in the morning." (our morning smart huddles are almost always reshop)

Unless it's Missoni, then it will most certainly sell from reshop carts.

I wanted everybody to know that I don't think I am perfect, I just know I do well at the fitting room. Today, I grumped and fussed at fellow team members but made sure that the guests had great service from me. I didn't finish all of the reshop (left a few items brought from the floor that needed to be hung) and couldn't get to the repackaging and reticketing because of the amount of guests using the fitting room (as in I had lines a couple of times....we have 10 rooms) but I did not leave a mess. Sorry, I didn't want to seem like I was Ms. Perfection. I am just fed up with favoritism and people getting away with crap.

You'd think the ETLs would get the message that product doesn't sell from a reshop cart.

Depends on your store, and the day of the year. I've seen guests just take things out of other shoppers carts. Black Friday seems to thrive with this practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back