To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the new guy on flow who obviously has no concept of personal hygiene at all....

We can smell you from 2 isles away and your stench lingers long after you've left. Its giving other tm's headaches and it makes my eyes burn. How you ever made it through the interview is beyond me!
Please earn to use the shower or at the very least deodorant and cologne.

To the new guy on flow who obviously has no concept of personal hygiene at all....

We can smell you from 2 isles away and your stench lingers long after you've left. Its giving other tm's headaches and it makes my eyes burn. How you ever made it through the interview is beyond me!

Watch for what they drive (if they do) and put a bag with the needed toiletries by the windshield.

Watch for what they drive (if they do) and put a bag with the needed toiletries by the windshield.

We went to our TL as a group but doubt she will do anything. Next stop is ETL and the HR... hopefully it gets resolved soon

This is really an HR issue, go to the ETL-HR and pass the buck to them if you do not think your TL can fix it. I had a situation like this once and the TM's wanted to go the route that I had mentioned above and I told them not to do it. I went to the ETL-HR and had her sit with me with the team member.

to that new ETL----very strange way to "introduce" yourself to me and I've had very strange introductions (and in some cases, non-introductions) to ETL's at our/and other stores.

for the "5 or so" (how the STL put it) higher positions that will open up in the next few months....I am sad to say that I believe I know at least 2 of you if it keeps up. And it is sad that the STL believes less than 5% of us team members are even close to being up to snuff to move up.

to the STL....maybe, just maybe, you are learning to be not such a bigot....but you still have obvious favorites.

I used to have one of those people at Wallyworld years ago.....he was a great guy, and strong as an ox, but smelled like one too....which was loads of fun when you have to throw a truck with him during the middle of summer.....they used to have to pull him aside every 3 weeks or so and suggest strongly that a shower was in order before he came back.....

We used to have a TM who had this issue too. None of us really knew how to tell them, so we finally got one of our TLs to kindly mention it. Talk to your leadership, see if they can help. :)

there are people who even when talked to don't believe you and continue to spread their smell....my ex had a roommate who didn't believe in showers or deodorant. Though I recently saw a facebook picture and either it was bath day or SOMEBODY finally got through to him.

to the GSA and GSTL who were both on the clock but not on a register when making EVERYBODY in the store come up for back up (seriously all 6 of us on the clock came up and neither of them were on a register...or speed weaving)

to the other GSTL....believe me Guest Services ISN'T that hard. Again, rocket science these jobs aren't. (I have slowly trained myself over at guest services)

to my tl's...why are you so ticked that I am guest service trained? You both know I want to move up what better way than to be more "global"? My hour spent covering 2 breaks the last time was just about how long I am off the floor with the ONE fitting room operator's lunch.

I am new here and i want to post a thread but im not sure what button to please.
please help
thanks!

to our tl:
oh, you use to be an etl? don't care. oh, and you blahblahblahblah? wait. still don't care. stop whining and do your job. we don't have unlimited payroll for you to merely supervise.
and next time you roll your eyes at me just for telling you about the workload (its called COMMUNICATION at our store), i will do more than ask "are you ok? you may wanna get that looked at." resisting urge to smack in the face. with a chair...

to our tl:
oh, you use to be an etl? don't care. oh, and you blahblahblahblah? wait. still don't care. stop whining and do your job. we don't have unlimited payroll for you to merely supervise.
and next time you roll your eyes at me just for telling you about the workload (its called COMMUNICATION at our store), i will do more than ask "are you ok? you may wanna get that looked at." resisting urge to smack in the face. with a chair...

Ugg..we have one of those too..waste of space.

To the ETL SL, sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation but I was up in the Wave and couldn't really walk away.
You were unhappy because for the this week and the next few weeks you will be working almost twenty hours a week extra because hours are so tight and the work has to get done some how.
I gather all the ETLs are in the same boat.
I have mixed feelings on this.
Part of me feels bad because I've worked 60 hour weeks and it can be pretty wearing after a while.
But really you're young, don't have any kids and get paid pretty good money, so I can't cry too much.
Those of us who could really use those hours wish you would do that complaining to Spot.
Maybe if enough ETLs complained to Spot there might be some changes but I doubt it.
You would be too afraid of losing your job.

To the ETL SL, sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation but I was up in the Wave and couldn't really walk away.
You were unhappy because for the this week and the next few weeks you will be working almost twenty hours a week extra because hours are so tight and the work has to get done some how.
I gather all the ETLs are in the same boat.
I have mixed feelings on this.
Part of me feels bad because I've worked 60 hour weeks and it can be pretty wearing after a while.
But really you're young, don't have any kids and get paid pretty good money, so I can't cry too much.
Those of us who could really use those hours wish you would do that complaining to Spot.
Maybe if enough ETLs complained to Spot there might be some changes but I doubt it.
You would be too afraid of losing your job.

I somehow ended up with 40 hours next week (almost 33 this) which is more than my TL's but today also showed our new ETL SL what we go through...I was brought in for 5 hours to help preset girls because on a 178 hour work week plano load we have 170 sales floor hours allotted. I didn't even get one convertible completely set because A) morning huddle, B ) 1 hour of caf pushing (would've been longer if above ETL did not help) C) half hour or more of backup D) helping guests and E) random tasks given by ETL.

40 hrs. are split this way...3 fitting room shifts (22 hours),1 instocks shift (5), 1 zone shifts(5) and ONE softlines shift of 8 hours....the other brand tm's have a whole lot less hours in softlines. How the heck are we supposed to set so many adjacency's with so little time? (I will be setting men's as much as I can 2 of the 3 fr shifts)

Last edited:
To the target-mobile guy...way to not show up for your shift. Hope the lack of commission was worth the at least 20 minutes you were late. I went to a different store, and the target-mobile guy there said you were on this morning's conference call, so you must have gotten lost on your way to work. Serious fail on your part. Good thing you aren't the only target-mobile in the area. But you still make Target look bad.

Hopefully when the new company takes over, the do a make over of most of its employees. That is, if they are part of the take over.

Even when they do work they don't fully get it. It takes 2 of them 8 hours to PTM an aisle but expect all of the perishables FIFO in HBA done in an hour (energy bars, batteries, medicine, everything). They will 'zone' a table or rack for 20 minutes but want half of RTW finished in an hour. They will spend days on their leadership status but want your reviews and leadership status done in 2 hours.

To that one TM: oh, you don't have enough hours to pay your bills this month and nobody will give you some of theirs? So sorry....maybe if you hadn't taken off so many days and limited your availability "just because", you wouldn't have that issue. Some of us have kids and families to support....

To whoever changed my schedule after it was posted and didn't consult with me, I hate you. And I nearly ended up with an NCNS for it.

Here's what happened: last night I saw a cashier shift on the swap board for tonight. I had originally asked for and gotten the day off, but no longer needed it, so I figured I could survive a cashier shift. So I signed up for it, and told the LOD about it since it was for tonight. Nothing more was said. Tonight, I wandered into the TSC about fifteen minutes before I was scheduled to start, and the LOD for the night comments, "there she is." I looked at him like he was crazy, but didn't say anything.

Before I punched in, I noticed the swap hadn't been signed off on, but it hadn't been denied either. I looked at the breakout, and the original person was still on for cashiering, and my name was under softlines for a shift that started a half hour before the cashier shift I had taken! I have never in my life taken a softlines shift on the swap board, and until Wednesday thought I needed tonight off. So someone added in a shift for me, didn't tell me, and then put it on top of a time period I had already been given the time off approval for! To seal the deal, it was my sixth day, and they never schedule us for more than 5 days in any particular week...so however that shift got assigned to me is anyone's guess.

The original cashier didn't come in tonight....probably assumed that even though the shift hadn't been officially signed off on that she didn't need to come in since my name was up there. So she'll technically probsbly get a NCNS, I was just counted as late (though my LOD excused it, it wasn't changed in the system, so it will look like it when the report is printed off).

I had two of those on my O/N re-shop team during the holidays. When we were working HBA re-shop, I was often tempted to open up those Axe gift sets and spray the hell out of them.

To whoever changed my schedule after it was posted and didn't consult with me, I hate you. And I nearly ended up with an NCNS for it.

Here's what happened: last night I saw a cashier shift on the swap board for tonight. I had originally asked for and gotten the day off, but no longer needed it, so I figured I could survive a cashier shift. So I signed up for it, and told the LOD about it since it was for tonight. Nothing more was said. Tonight, I wandered into the TSC about fifteen minutes before I was scheduled to start, and the LOD for the night comments, "there she is." I looked at him like he was crazy, but didn't say anything.

Before I punched in, I noticed the swap hadn't been signed off on, but it hadn't been denied either. I looked at the breakout, and the original person was still on for cashiering, and my name was under softlines for a shift that started a half hour before the cashier shift I had taken! I have never in my life taken a softlines shift on the swap board, and until Wednesday thought I needed tonight off. So someone added in a shift for me, didn't tell me, and then put it on top of a time period I had already been given the time off approval for! To seal the deal, it was my sixth day, and they never schedule us for more than 5 days in any particular week...so however that shift got assigned to me is anyone's guess.

The original cashier didn't come in tonight....probably assumed that even though the shift hadn't been officially signed off on that she didn't need to come in since my name was up there. So she'll technically probsbly get a NCNS, I was just counted as late (though my LOD excused it, it wasn't changed in the system, so it will look like it when the report is printed off).

In regard to the swap shift, if an LOD didn't sign off on it, it didn't happen.

In regard to the shift you didn't know about, at my store we are responsible for looking at our schedules. While it's nice to inform a TM about a schedule change, it's not mandatory.

Also remember that poop never rolls uphill. My ETL called me at home and asked me to change my schedule and then didn't change the schedule to reflect that request. So guess who was 1/2 hour late to work? Uh, me. Guess who caught poop about it from HR? Uh, me.

On a random note;
Is anyone's store working on some sort of ETL-Superhero related contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back