To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To whomever makes the front end schedule: if your hitting the additional assistance button every 5-10 minutes between 12-3:30, wouldn't you think thats an indication to schedule another cashier or two instead of wasting everyones time?

To that one team member. Quit screaming into the walkie. It's like nails on a chalk board and everyone can hear you no matter their location.

Last edited:
First of all, to that one TM at my store, give me back my Tide Pen. Seriously, give it back. :p

Second, To that other TM, WHAT DA FU** WERE YOU THINKING? Buying a Motorcycle and not telling your Wife about it. And HOW did you think she'd never find out?

Third. To another TM, Why in the world did you tell everyone you were going on "Vacation" to Brazil, for two weeks, but then came back to our store like Twice (or more) during your supposed "trip"... And, when you finally came back (to work) last week, you kept telling everyone about your ""Vacation"", and everything you did... Why? I mean, seriously, why? What's so interesting about lieing to coworkers about a vacation you never had?

Oh I forgot one: To whomever put the ice cream in the paid and left bin....are you really that f***ing stupid?!

Last edited:
To that one GSA: It doesn't matter if the closing sales floor team isn't in yet, I'm still going to press my back-up button if my line is 1+5. Even if nobody is available to respond, at least it's an indication that we need more cashiers that time of day.

To whomever makes the front end schedule: if your hitting the additional assistance button every 5-10 minutes between 12-3:30, wouldn't you think thats an indication to schedule another cashier or two instead of wasting everyones time?

This!

To that one team member. Quit screaming into the walkie. It's like nails on a chalk board and everyone can hear you no matter their location.

One of my Hardlines TLs does that. I'm tempted to not carry a walkie when I work at the same time as her.

Oh I forgot one: To whomever put the ice cream in the paid and left bin....are you really that f***ing stupid?!

Yes, sadly, yes, they are :facepalm:. Probably the same people who put cold stuff in my Market reshop.

Yes, sadly, yes, they are :facepalm:. Probably the same people who put cold stuff in my Market reshop.

Whenever I have a paid-and-left, I always make sure to tell Guest Service that there are perishables in it so they can do whatever needs to be done with them.

Speaking of which, how does Guest Service handle paid-and-lefts that include perishable items?

Third. To another TM, Why in the world did you tell everyone you were going on "Vacation" to Brazil, for two weeks, but then came back to our store like Twice (or more) during your supposed "trip"... And, when you finally came back (to work) last week, you kept telling everyone about your ""Vacation"", and everything you did... Why? I mean, seriously, why? What's so interesting about lieing to coworkers about a vacation you never had?

Obviously, this TM is the most interesting man in the world.

He can take a vacation, go on it, and come back to shop at Target as many times as he wants to, and can just fly back to Brazil on a moments notice. The most interesting man in the world can do that.

Stay thirsty my friends.

The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

To those 5 cashiers, it was a beautiful day. Glad you guys got to enjoy it while I attempted to do my job and yours today. Thank you.

To the genius that makes the hardlines schedule: Did it ever occur to you that it's impossible to get the whole store zoned on a Saturday night when we're all working 4-hour shifts? With ad takedown and the hour of re-shop, that only leaves us two hours to zone on the busiest day of the week. I hope you don't mind the store looking like s*** in the morning.

To my ETL-GE who was LOD tonight: The wave zone doesn't work on Saturdays at our store. We only got through a block and a half before you had us start working on re-shop. Fail.

To whoever didn't scan in the ad signs in the curtain aisles, leaving me with two peghook-heavy aisles full of signs that wouldn't scan out: F*** you.

Speaking of which, how does Guest Service handle paid-and-lefts that include perishable items?

I'm guessing QMOS the items, then when the guest comes back they give them their money back, or have them get the same items again.

Non-perishables: we hold them at the desk until the end of the night, then we ring them out as paid and lefts on the POS (guest service access needed), log them in the P&L book with the P&L receipt, then the items themselves are sorted and put back on the floor. if a guest comes back with a receipt and we match it up to a left item in the log the item either gets pulled from the floor and brought up, or if we no longer have the item we can pay them out.

Perishables: It's basically the same deal, except we log and defect the product out right away instead of waiting until the end of the night.

Last edited:
to that the store managers, you really dont know how to treat team members...i feel for the team members who already struggle, struggle more at work for a slave wage, you wonder why are team members hate their job? you wonder why were always un happy? you wonder why your so called vibe isnt what you want it to be? hmmm how about understanding that we team members only make a fraction of what you ETLs, STLs, DTLs make. We give so much, just to receive very little in return, i guess that makes us much better people than you ETLs will ever be, you guys are so clueless.

to understand your store is to understand your team members, you failed to do that target.

My guess was the BTS angle as well... cold cuts for lunch, pencils for the rest of the day sans gym haha. School doesn't start until September, here, though so idk who would be buying perishable lunch supplies now unless we're assuming everyone freezes stuff.

After all, these are likely the same great minds who think it's a great idea to churn out endless coupons for twenty percent off of walkie-talkies and thirty dollars off of a printer when a person buys a weeks' worth of veggie burgers and natural-ingredient-based shampoo and conditioner...

( Not that vegetarians and organic enthusiasts are total luddites, I just don't see the correlation...ah well...I don't see the connection between LOTS OF THINGS, so don't mind me...)

( Though what I could REALLY use is some printer ink...just sayin' Spot... )

After all, these are likely the same great minds who think it's a great idea to churn out endless coupons for twenty percent off of walkie-talkies and thirty dollars off of a printer when a person buys a weeks' worth of veggie burgers and natural-ingredient-based shampoo and conditioner...
( Not that vegetarians and organic enthusiasts are total luddites, I just don't see the correlation...ah well...I don't see the connection between LOTS OF THINGS, so don't mind me...)
( Though what I could REALLY use is some printer ink...just sayin' Spot... )

Haha those walkie talkie coupons are flooding our thrash cans.

Wow, I actually get coups for things I use........except I don't need to buy razor blades twice a week. Give it a rest already, Catalina!

I have so many walkie talkie coupons! I think they're just trying to get rid of those. The other coupons are based on your shopping history. The printer ink coupon I got recently is for the same company that I've bought ink for in the past and all the other coupons are for things I bought or buy regularly. I just rarely buy them in the quantities that the coupons are for and when I do I don't have the coupon, of course.

I remember reading a story about how Target predicted a teen girl's pregnancy and spit out coupons for baby-related things.

I've got 3 boys....I DON'T need feminine product coups every. single. visit.
And deodorant coups. Tons & tons of them.
You tryin' to say sumpin', spot?

Here's a little scenario that happened just yesterday.
Let me give you a little background: This girl and I are both GSAs. On this day however I am working the Service Desk/Photo Counter and she is running the Front Lanes and it is a very busy day. She has just been scolded by the LOD for not responding on her walking and for not calling out Code 1s and she stomps over to the Service Desk.

This girl: I don't understand why they (ETLs) are always getting on me. I didn't hear him call me at all.
Me: I heard him call you three times. Is your walkie on?
This girl: Yeah. (glances at her PDA and turns her back on checklanes) but I didn't hear him. I'm a damn good GSA, I always do a good job while I'm here.
Me: (seeing the lanes and exit door clearly) Hey those carts are starting to pile up, you should call 'CA' to grab them.
This girl: (glances over and the carts piling up in front of the exit door) Oh, he's on lunch.

Guest walks up to do a return and I turn to help them. The lines at the checklanes start to grow.

This girl: I mean when there's something to get done I get it done. I'm always there when my cashiers need me. (continues to rant)

Finish the guests return and they leave clearly uncomfortable.

Me: You're going to need back up.
This girl: (looks at the lanes) I'll go hop on.....(doesn't move and carts are now blocking the exit) but you know I think they're out to get me. (I start making my way to the exit door, she follows) I mean why else are they always on my back? Because I'm good at my job.
Me(on walkie): Hey Team we're going to need a couple backup cashiers up at the front. ( I start getting the carts out of the way and This girl begins to help)

A cashier runs over.

Cashier: Hey I'm all out of money and this guest has been waiting for change.

AHHHH! So, it turns out the cause of the back up was because THIS GIRL ignored a change request so she could rant about how good of a GSA she is, then ignored the warnings I gave her about the carts and the back up, made a Guest feel uncomfortable as she continued to rant on.

THIS is why they are on your back! You're not a good GSA, you're not even a good team member. OH. MY. GOD.
The whole time I'm thinking, you're preventing me from doing my job because I need to count Photo inventory to see what supplies need to be brought up from the backroom. I'm sorry I can't count when people are lying, I just can't. You're setting your cashier/s up to have very unhappy guests who have to wait for their change and guests who have to wait in line for so long because no one was bringing change to that first guest. You let the carts block the exit so guests have to push them out of their way just to leave. YOU have just created so many bad experiences just so you can rant about how good you are.... (because giant squid of anger) no!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back