To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the closing LOD-well DUH!! They had less carts in closing the night before......other fitting room operators just piles the carts until they are up to my eyebrows (I am about 5ft8in). Items might or might not be in the right cart. When I tell you the end total it is of reshop carts that are properly sorted and easily reshopped. I also leave a clean fitting room.

We're now told not to take reshop to the back at the end of the night, so on busy days, all the carts have been piled high lol. In the morning, we just take the hanging stuff and put it on a Z, then take the cart of basics or whatever out. Everything's in the right cart and on hangers and all that jazz, though. None of our regular attendants do any deeper sorting. When I'm in there, I'll keep same items/same brands together on the cart handle (or rtw rack) and keep baby gondola in one area of the cart and the folded clothes in another, rtw clearance in order and separated, but no one else does. I just do it because I'm usually on the floor. I don't think my store's attendants realize how much easier it is when they keep similar items together.

Anyway, to the STL, I don't really wanna be chummy with you. Please stop talking/laughing with me. I have a weird issue where I just don't like accessible bosses. And it stresses me out knowing that you might just pop out at any time.

To my TL, I'm sorry I don't like answering the vibe question about "What can I do better for you and the team" or how ever that question goes. But every answer I could possibly give you is something that will probably get me in trouble of some sort...so sorry I want to keep my job. Also will you please realize that since you have worked off the clock a few times (for 30-40 minutes) that maybe you should work on your time management skills.

And to (a) certain higher up(s): I don't like the idea that I am going to be forced to push/sell however many products my ETL thinks I should by my shift end at the fitting room. I understand you want to push sales, but this is a bad idea.

To my Instocks TL who left: Even if you weren't much more than a pretty face, you've always been so nice to me, and I (and others) will miss you. Best of luck in your new endeavor.

To that one Hardlines TL that I can't stand who also left: I'm not sure what the district office was thinking giving you a promotion, but since I no longer have to deal with you, I'll take it.

To that one team member: You know, every other ETL/TL/LOD will get out on the floor and help us work during their shift. Hell, even the store manager does! All you seem to do is stand around and gossip, and then complain that not a lot is getting done, especially when we're short-staffed, and we...me specifically...keep getting pulled away to help guests out, especially when we call on the walkies and no one answers, or worse, someone else starts going on about a request the minute we take our finger off the button, so no one actually hears us!

not sure how to state this so here it goes:
to our new softlines/ge ETL- man that didn't take you long to figure out that softlines gets the short end of the stick and it's usually stuck up our hinies.
we have had 6 new hires, at least one NCNS'ed themselves the door, the best of the group quit with no notice, another is one ncns'ed their way away from out the door, one is a grump. To the one who rocked the reshop...you go girl!! I hope you stick around. Not sure why they keep trying to to have guys work in softlines they just seem to get overwhelmed.
to all of the team members I gave my opinion on....the ETL already had a clue on most of you. We are the weakest group on the salesfloor...and that is saying something.

To the TL: having the new girl shadow me at the fitting room for 30 minutes to teach her how the fitting room/phone works is a really bad idea. There is so much to learn at the fitting room and the fact that her first day on the floor would have been tonight if she didn't call in sick would not have been a good time to pull her away from her training. She will get a training shift over in softlines...unlike me who was thrown in with a 5 second how to about the phone.

To my fellow closer: Thank you for always being awesome! We always rock zone and abandons. These past four days while rather boring due to it being slow and us getting zone done/almost done before huddle is amazing and I just want to thank you for that. I hope this continues on for a while before Christmas disaster comes.

To the new girl: I haven't met you yet considering you called in tonight, I am hoping the higher ups won't hold that against you...but I really hope you make it past your 90 days. the fact that I might be the only person to close every weekday (in the near-ish future) really scares the shit out of me and we really need someone.

To the service desk girl: You did a great job tonight for it being your first time not only on the floor, but in softlines. You did a great job at folding and making sure racks were hung correctly. I am really sorry I gave you to the sharks (hardlines) but we didn't need three people over in softlines, it was bad enough that two people got everything done and caught up as soon as anything came to the fitting room, quickly becoming board.

To the TL: having the new girl shadow me at the fitting room for 30 minutes to teach her how the fitting room/phone works is a really bad idea. There is so much to learn at the fitting room and the fact that her first day on the floor would have been tonight if she didn't call in sick would not have been a good time to pull her away from her training. She will get a training shift over in softlines...unlike me who was thrown in with a 5 second how to about the phone.

To my fellow closer: Thank you for always being awesome! We always rock zone and abandons. These past four days while rather boring due to it being slow and us getting zone done/almost done before huddle is amazing and I just want to thank you for that. I hope this continues on for a while before Christmas disaster comes.

To the new girl: I haven't met you yet considering you called in tonight, I am hoping the higher ups won't hold that against you...but I really hope you make it past your 90 days. the fact that I might be the only person to close every weekday (in the near-ish future) really scares the shit out of me and we really need someone.

To the service desk girl: You did a great job tonight for it being your first time not only on the floor, but in softlines. You did a great job at folding and making sure racks were hung correctly. I am really sorry I gave you to the sharks (hardlines) but we didn't need three people over in softlines, it was bad enough that two people got everything done and caught up as soon as anything came to the fitting room, quickly becoming board.

We are not sharks! We do help softlines out when I am working!

I wish our softlines team was that efficient! They all hang out at the fitting room and chit-chat all night.

To the APBP that re-iterated that all incidents need to be entered into TCM within 24 hours; maybe you should try and enter an incident into TCM? If i'm lucky to start an incident, I can't enter evidence or a participant. I'd like it if you could please keep in tune with what's going on in our world...

We are not sharks! We do help softlines out when I am working!

At my store it's like pulling teeth to get soft lines any help. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, she ended up getting stuck with the bitch at work and the fact that she has never worked on the floor before that day, i felt like i had thrown her to the sharks.

I wish our softlines team was that efficient! They all hang out at the fitting room and chit-chat all night.

haha thanks. At my store we only have me and another team member (who I am close friends with) that close practically every night (not including fitting room), because everyone else in soft lines either works strictly mornings or weekend. So we have gotten into a routine of starting zone as early as possible so we can get abandons done before store close and then do touch ups, allowing us to leave when the store closes.

Last edited:
to the ETL's....not cool cutting the closing teams hours and only the closing team hours.....and not telling us. The first night I didn't know it so I just continued to do my job. Second night I bring it to your attention...you said "I am well aware of that, " and instead of letting us go at close like the daily grid said you had us keep working...so I dilly dallied. Third night you push us out the door at close no matter the zone/reshop. Ridiculous!!

To the ETL who closed that third night.....you are a child and an inept one at that. Plus, it is fairly obvious you have the hots for at least one of the TL's that is under you. Why else would you have them and only them stay after close (almost 30 minutes after we left, I know I was chatting with my TL in the parking lot) plus that drool trail you leave.

to that one team member who I tried helping your boyfriend by giving them my business. You have aligned yourself with an idiot and I know you are going through a lot personally but so am I. I tried to keep you out of it but he has chosen to bring you in and the straw of this camel's broken back came when I had to cancel some very important plans. Now, trying to get more money out of me for a job not done is ridiculous.
Oh, and on a job note you need to take a LOA before you lose your job completely and unceremoniously.

To that one team member that seems so worried about what I'm doing - I know what I'm doing, you don't really need to ask me every 5 minutes for an update.....especially when you disappear an hour before the end of your shift (when you are doing one thing in a specific location, it's easy to figure out you aren't there)......

To that one team member that seems so worried about what I'm doing - I know what I'm doing, you don't really need to ask me every 5 minutes for an update.....especially when you disappear an hour before the end of your shift (when you are doing one thing in a specific location, it's easy to figure out you aren't there)......

Why am I able to picture exactly who you are talking about?:D

Third night you push us out the door at close no matter the zone/reshop. Ridiculous!!.

My store's been like that the whole time I've been there. They schedule us to 11. We have to clock out by 11:05. We try to get as much as possible done and if we don't, the openers finish the tables when they get in... if they notice, since we usually get everything you can see from the aisles. If more than one person closes, we get it done, though. The racks just aren't all zoned to perfection. No one everrr goes to infants so the zone is just abysmal, there.

To that etl who decided we should do that dumb peak hour exercise on a weekend (he had us ignore our work to vibe for an hour), you're an idiot. Guests hated it. It was the most annoying thing. I CIHYFS'd a woman and when I got back around there, another person offered to help her and she sorta scoffed at him. She was over it. It's dumb. It's annoying. It makes them think we're attempting to manipulate them (I mean, we are. Half of vibing is manipulation imo). They think we're getting commission or something. They hate it. "Vibing" after someone asks you for help, doesn't raise red flags for most guests... unless you do the redcard spiel for something low priced. This is the exact reason I left Macy's.

Way to make your team fear taking any sort of initiative. I'd be ecstatic if people on my team were willing to just hop in and help people with their work, but maybe that's just me.

Way to make your team fear taking any sort of initiative. I'd be ecstatic if people on my team were willing to just hop in and help people with their work, but maybe that's just me.

Sorry it comes off that way, but when you have an entire section to zone and have "never done hardlines", you better be doing what you're told to do instead of chatting with other team members and deciding for yourself what needs to be done. He "helped" people who didn't need help and ignored his area, leaving me to pick up his slack. It was more hurtful than helpful. I am ecstatic that I'm just another team member right now because I would not be able to handle this type of crap all the time as a TL.

Sorry it comes off that way, but when you have an entire section to zone and have "never done hardlines", you better be doing what you're told to do instead of chatting with other team members and deciding for yourself what needs to be done. He "helped" people who didn't need help and ignored his area, leaving me to pick up his slack. It was more hurtful than helpful. I am ecstatic that I'm just another team member right now because I would not be able to handle this type of crap all the time as a TL.

You dealing with a prima donna? The electronics bro who is a little put out to be stuck on the floor?
So rather than listen to what he is supposed to be doing he does what he pleases because he's a bro and that's what they do?
We would get those in plano sometimes.
It's fun.

you havr to remember, most TLs fear initiative. it threatens their authority. they also fear undertrained employees, as that usually shows that a TL has failed to actually show someone how to do something.

To that one team member... I'm so sick and tired of you having a crush on every new female team member and getting mad when she rejects your offer on a date. Don't take it out other team members because you're not mature enough to handle rejection and stop lying to leaders about how you don't start drama when you post on Facebook about how your coworkers don't to want to date you. I'm really glad you are getting coached and I really hope you get fired. I'm just sitting back idle until I get called into HR for calling you out on all of your problems outside of work. I can't wait until you leave, which you always brag about when we used to hang out.

That makes more sense. I was assuming he was actually helpful to the other areas, just neglected his own. Sad to hear that your electronics tms are like that. The elec tms at my store are usually the best of hardlines. But we do have some hardlines tms that you constantly have to stay on top of. It's not a lot of fun micro managing someone, but they have sort of earned having to be micro managed. The goal for me is that they eventually no longer have to be micromanaged or they go on out the door, because we don't have time to micromanage anyone long term. I want my team at the level where they make smart business decisions and feel comfortable doing so. That said, there are some people that take a lot of extra attention to get there if they ever even do.

Also, to that one TM...
Great job yesterday. You had a great thought and when we put it into action it nearly immediately started paying off. Having you on my team is going to be awesome!

To a team member who does CAFs: You really irritated me today. Someone had call off and therefore from 3-5, I was the only hardlines team member that was on the floor to assist guests, do reshop, and hit the call button. So, you decided to walkie someone to bring a flat to the area you were in, when you could have told the guest "Oh would you like this table, let me get a flat for you", then you could have gotten the flat and then asked "Can I get a team lift", which I'm more than happy to help with. But for you to just stand there across the aisle and look at me while I came to the area with the flat irritated me. What also irritated me was that you did the team lift and took off, seriously so frustrating.

To that one TL: You're a really nice person, but when you're working, you're the complete opposite. I understand that I am the only team member on the floor, but you need to give me more than 3 seconds to respond to you or someone else, I might have something in my hands, I may be assisting a guest, so please stop talking down to me like a child saying "You're the only team member on the floor so you need to respond", REALLY? I wasn't aware of that. I am on top of things, I will get that call button, or respond to back up, just give me more than 2 seconds to grab my walkie, UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back