To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one GSA: I get that you were tired and stressed yesterday. We all were. It was busy. But you need to understand that I have things to do. I don't just sit around in the backroom picking my nose waiting for someone to call me on the walkie. Even with double coverage, CAFs were taking all hour, every hour. So when you call back and tell me to bring the cafe order up from the freezer (which had to be split onto two vehicles) at a certain time because cafe had double coverage... I told you I would make my best effort, but I might not have time. Don't give me attitude because I did not have a spare 15 minutes to do that. I didn't have enough time to go to the bathroom, for god's sake. You have double coverage at cafe? Send one of them back to get their own damn order. With CAFs, guest requests, and flexible fulfillment orders (oh yeah, and those breaks I'm supposed to take), your tasks are not a priority, sorry.

To that one Team Member...and best friend: I am really happy that you found a real job, I am really proud of you for taking the risk of applying, I know you were scared about applying. You have no idea how much you have taught me and how much you just listening to me ranting and venting has meant to me. I am really going to miss you and I am so scared for when you leave because that means I am manning closing nights by myself for the most part until we get a another new TM. Also I may cry on your last day...I am sorry.

To that one team member (or rather several team members) who acknowledge that they do things that are not up to standards/policies, but refuse to switch to the correct procedure because "that's the way Target trained you" need to just up and leave because not only do you infuriate those of us who do follow procedure, but you perpetuate a chain of improper training, that will continue to make others lives harder.

To whoever made the schedule: I know it's quiet and the schedule is guest-centered now, but why the hell would you allow there to only be one person closing in market? With the amount of time it takes to do everything in P-Fresh, you can't possibly expect the same person to zone all of dry market and fill every single endcap to capacity. And yes, I know some TMs here deal with this on a regular basis, but my store is not ULV.

To my one fellow PA: To say I was stunned when I heard you were leaving was an understatement. You have been one of my favorite people in the store since I started with Target and you helped me learn so much about being a PA and made that transition smoother. We are all going to miss you. I am glad to hear you will be sticking around for one day a week for awhile at least. It will be nice to see you at least a few times a month.

To my new fellow PA: I know you haven't started with us yet, but I am so excited to have you in Pfresh. You are going to be great on our team. Welcome. If we had to lose someone, I'm glad you get to be their replacement.

To our lead today: Screw you. Hardly anyone sees you all shift, you get irritated when some of us are finishing our areas quickly and then going back over them, then you take all the credit for us finishing early? I hope you realise how much we all hate you, especially when you pull shit like that...

To that one ETL, I'm sad you're leaving my store but I wish you the best. You're amazing and whichever store has you next is going to be lucky to have you.

To that one ETL: Thank you for showing me how to use functions on the PDA that I would almost never use in either of the workcenters I'm trained in. Hey, I'll take it.

The the entire hardlines team at my store: FINISH YOUR FUCKING ZONE. All of us get at least five hour shifts, and if I can zone sporting goods and toys in four hours, you can certainly finish your sections.

To that one TM stop being such a dick to everyone try being nice and then maybe people would like you more. The disrespectful shit you say about some guests really irks me. YOU ARE SUCH A DICK

To Every ETL In my store. Change the fucking trashbags when you empty the trash you lazy shits.

Our ETLs only come near the compacter when they're doing their walk before trading off LOD shifts... many times, they just glance at the trash piled everywhere and then completely ignore it. By the time I leave at 9, it's about 7 or 8 feet high, no joke.

Speaking of which. To those morning BR and flow TMs who like to fill the baler all the way up with cardboard and then not make a bale.... I hate you. To those sales floor TMs who can't look five feet to the left at the other cardboard cages that could be set up (and I know you know how to do it), and instead pile another cage and a half worth of cardboard on the floor.... I hate you, too.

How do you set up a cardboard cage? (No, really, I don't know how to do it. I've only been in the backroom a handful of times.)

Lift up the folded bit, fold out the sides bring up the front and slide up the two metal doohickeyma bobs on the front, so that the sides tab into the front and they drop to lock it all together. Alternatively, ask whoever is the Receiver to show you real quick. It is better to ask the question when you don't know the answer than to potentially waste time/break something/injure yourself and others. We Team Trainers are here to help.

Last edited:
Ah...thank you! I've only been in the back to print something out or backstock something, so I had no idea.

Even in the backroom, we're not allowed to use cages during open hours.

Really?? Heck we had one on the floor for a majority of the day today because our Pfresh truck was so damn late. Even on normal Pfresh truck days we have a cage on the floor til we are done.

To that one ETL, my one TL, and a few of my fellow TMs: Thank you ALL for jumping in on helping push the Pfresh truck today. With it being beyond late, I know we all appreciate the help to get the majority of it done. I also appreciate being allowed to ditch the workcenter I was in today to help run the crew for the afternoon. Which leads me to my next thanks: To my fellow PA, thanks for asking for help so that I could come play in pfresh all day instead of doing something I'm not fond of.

To that one P-Fresh TM: You are extremely condescending and have an ego the size of Jupiter. Kindly go engage in sexual relations with yourself.

To that one ETL: If you want me to get any work done, stop changing your mind after every instruction. If you want the zone done, let me zone. If you want endcaps filled, let me fill them. If you want re-shop worked, let me work on it. Just let me do my [redacted] job!

To that one (former) TM, I know sticking it to Target probably feels great, but by not giving notice, you're also sticking it to all of us. They haven't replaced you yet. They still have you on the schedule this week and they're not calling people in to do your shifts. Instead, they're just expecting us to do more in less time. Thanks.

To that one P-Fresh TM: You are extremely condescending and have an ego the size of Jupiter. Kindly go engage in sexual relations with yourself.
To that one ETL: If you want me to get any work done, stop changing your mind after every instruction. If you want the zone done, let me zone. If you want endcaps filled, let me fill them. If you want re-shop worked, let me work on it. Just let me do my [redacted] job!

Call them out & say it's done!

To that one (former) TM, I know sticking it to Target probably feels great, but by not giving notice, you're also sticking it to all of us. They haven't replaced you yet. They still have you on the schedule this week and they're not calling people in to do your shifts. Instead, they're just expecting us to do more in less time. Thanks.

And this is why whenever TMs come on here and say they're thinking about leaving without giving any notice I'm so against it.
Really, the company isn't going to get hurt if you bail but your coworkers will be in a world of pain.
I understand wanting to cut your losses and getting the hell out of Dodge but don't screw people over.

And this is why whenever TMs come on here and say they're thinking about leaving without giving any notice I'm so against it.
Really, the company isn't going to get hurt if you bail but your coworkers will be in a world of pain.
I understand wanting to cut your losses and getting the hell out of Dodge but don't screw people over.

So true. I work with some very nice and kind people and the more I'm there the more people I come to admire and know and help. I've felt that stores are like communities. There's a spirit of working together. Communities are not a place where a few people allow themselves to be singled out as solely responsible for success. If I had to ever give my 2 weeks or longer notice I'd work as hard as I did without it because that is how much those awesome people deserve it. Better to leave knowing you worked hard and helped as much as you could your remaining weeks than to just rip yourself out of the system because it does affect people and being apart of a team means you should show compassion towards each others

Henry Ford once said " Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back