To that one Team Member - II

True, I didn’t even think about that. I could’ve helped since I speak Spanish but I was stuck in sco :/

TT THREE Softlines TMs: When OPU asks for your help, it means now. It doesn't mean continuing to sit on your ass and giving vague directions to where something in your section might be. It doesn't mean waiting 10 minutes, and getting on the walkie to let the store know you got off your ass and found the item (nowhere near where you said to look for it by the way.) By that point it's already been INFed because OPU doesn't get to sit on the floor chatting. I have goal times to meet and more batches in my queue. Thanks for finally looking for the item though.

Talk to the softlines TL.

She was sitting right there with them. Probably the one who belatedly sent someone to help. I had words with my STL, ETL-HR, and ETL-LOG about it. I mean, it doesn't matter that much. I finished the day having met my metrics. 100% picked on time and under 5% INF. But, none of the helpful softlines TMs were scheduled this morning on a freaking truck day and it pissed me right the fuck off.

She was sitting right there with them. Probably the one who belatedly sent someone to help. I had words with my STL, ETL-HR, and ETL-LOG about it. I mean, it doesn't matter that much. I finished the day having met my metrics. 100% picked on time and under 5% INF. But, none of the helpful softlines TMs were scheduled this morning on a freaking truck day and it pissed me right the fuck off.
I just wish your guys' system was more sales floor friendly. Unless the picture of the item is distinctive I have to type it in My Work to get the brand so that I know where to go. And sometimes there's the "0 on floor/0 in back (1 on hand)" that can waste time while we look without realizing it doesn't exist.

TT THREE Softlines TMs: When OPU asks for your help, it means now. It doesn't mean continuing to sit on your ass and giving vague directions to where something in your section might be. It doesn't mean waiting 10 minutes, and getting on the walkie to let the store know you got off your ass and found the item (nowhere near where you said to look for it by the way.) By that point it's already been INFed because OPU doesn't get to sit on the floor chatting. I have goal times to meet and more batches in my queue. Thanks for finally looking for the item though.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my goal time

not everyone's job revolves around you, sometimes you have to be self sufficient

not everyone's job revolves around you, sometimes you have to be self sufficient
Well yes, but sometimes it just isn't possible to do it yourself in a timely manner, especially if you're not intimately familiar with the layout of softlines.

Well yes, but sometimes it just isn't possible to do it yourself in a timely manner, especially if you're not intimately familiar with the layout of softlines.

anyone picking order pickup needs to be at least somewhat aware of where things in softlines are generally located. things are organized by brand, so that's a good place to start. if you're looking for an AND blouse, probably start by looking in AND lol

anyone picking order pickup needs to be at least somewhat aware of where things in softlines are generally located. things are organized by brand, so that's a good place to start. if you're looking for an AND blouse, probably start by looking in AND lol
I'm not debating that, I'm simply saying that if you're not someone that spends your entire time in an area, you're not likely to know where the item is or the best way to find it. For instance, I know that this is a pair of AND black pants. But I can't always tell which of the seven or eight types of AND black pants I need, and short of having the RFID handy at all times, a Softlines TM is far faster at finding that than OPU.

I'm not debating that, I'm simply saying that if you're not someone that spends your entire time in an area, you're not likely to know where the item is or the best way to find it. For instance, I know that this is a pair of AND black pants. But I can't always tell which of the seven or eight types of AND black pants I need, and short of having the RFID handy at all times, a Softlines TM is far faster at finding that than OPU.

well, why not keep the RFID in your pick cart? that's what some of our SFS people do.

otherwise, more likely than not other team members are willing to help you out if you put in the effort to build a rapport with them. on my OPU shifts when i'm slow i'll help them touch up their tables or help someone work a z, and in return they're way more willing to help me when i need it vs. someone else who is rude, demanding/pushy and probably doesn't even know their name without looking at the nametag.

well, why not keep the RFID in your pick cart? that's what some of our SFS people do.

otherwise, more likely than not other team members are willing to help you out if you put in the effort to build a rapport with them. on my OPU shifts when i'm slow i'll help them touch up their tables or help someone work a z, and in return they're way more willing to help me when i need it vs. someone else who is rude, demanding/pushy and probably doesn't even know their name without looking at the nametag.
Ah, that would be the difference. We don't have an OPU shift for half the day. It falls to backroom most times (we aren't modernized yet)

Ah, that would be the difference. We don't have an OPU shift for half the day. It falls to backroom most times (we aren't modernized yet)

my "OPU" shifts are actually Drive Up shifts; we handle the picks as well as physically bring the guest the order

Helping OPU/SFS means everyone wins. Teamwork. Besides, unless I'm speaking directly to a guest there is nothing that can't be paused for a couple of minutes while I help find a shirt.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm being interrupted to help an online guest.
Do you seriously expect someone who is doing OPU/SFS to know where all the little places are that an item could be? How a graphic tee that is the smaller sizes of womens/mens could be in girls/boys or vice versa. How a girls plain white tee is more likely to be in the boys section than the girls section. How something with the description of "AND leggings" could be hosiery or outerwear and memorization of the first three numbers of the dpci is what will tell you where to go, not the description. How that pair of wild fable jeans keeps ending up in the back of universal threads, no matter how many times it's pulled out. How mens and boys C9 bottoms keep ending up in each other's areas, along with mens and womens sweats and zipper hoodies.
Yep. Bootcut vs. Kick Flare vs. Slim vs. Slim Ankle vs. Skinny Ankle. Don't forget the ones where the little tag that gives the style description came off in the fitting room and only comparing the dpci will get you the style.
There's not enough to go around if there's more than one SFS/OPU order. Heck, even with one they have to fight the rest of store for one (cough, tagging). Besides, if you don't know the mistake places that clothes end up, see above, then an RFID gun will be of limited help.
Really? They are timed, but they have to stop and do your Z rack for you in order to get a minute or two of cooperation?

Really? They are timed, but they have to stop and do your Z rack for you in order to get a minute or two of cooperation?

yes, when i have free time i stop and help out other areas of the store. in return, said areas of the store are more inclined to help me out when i need it. that goes beyond helping me find something for opu. idk why this is such a revolutionary concept for you.

yes, when i have free time i stop and help out other areas of the store. in return, said areas of the store are more inclined to help me out when i need it. that goes beyond helping me find something for opu. idk why this is such a revolutionary concept for you.
If they want assistance, they have to do your job for you. That's not revolutionary, every workplace has one of those people. I can do my own Zs and still find time to help out OPU without them having to bribe me for my help by doing my work for me.

If they want assistance, they have to do your job for you. That's not revolutionary, every workplace has one of those people. I can do my own Zs and still find time to help out OPU without them having to bribe me for my help by doing my work for me.

i bet you're real fun to work with. every store has that one person who is too good to accept help from someone just trying to be nice 🤷‍♂️

i'm really sorry that "common decency" and "helping others" or even "teamwork" weren't things your parents taught you, but my mom raised me better than that.

Scratch my back and I'll scratch your back

Or being a nice team player, which sounds like you're not

i bet you're real fun to work with. every store has that one person who is too good to accept help from someone just trying to be nice 🤷‍♂️

i'm really sorry that "common decency" and "helping others" or even "teamwork" weren't things your parents taught you, but my mom raised me better than that.
Wait, you say that you won't help OPU/SFS unless they do your tables and Zs and you are saying that I'm the one who isn't helping others or part of a team effort? And if you've forgotten what you said -

Scratch my back and I'll scratch your back

Or being a nice team player, which sounds like you're not
If you are referring to me, I said that I do help out SFS/OPU whenever they ask for help. I don't demand payment by having them do my work. Other people are saying for SFS/OPU to be self-sufficient and not help SFS/OPU unless they "help out" first by doing softlines tasks between their other duties.

Wait, you say that you won't help OPU/SFS unless they do your tables and Zs and you are saying that I'm the one who isn't helping others or part of a team effort? And if you've forgotten what you said -

i have literally no clue wtf you're talking about. i pick OPU. i build relationships with other TMs in the store so that they're more inclined to help me rather than focus on whatever task they're doing. i do not demand that anyone drop what they're doing to help me.

I think the problem with this is when our sfs/opu are asking every time they are in style without even trying to find the item. I get it if it is a new team member or if it is a hard to find item. But when you are stopping someone constantly to find something that is right out in the open, at the front of the department, that needs to stop.

Back