To that one Team Member - II

To hijack this little tussle- This whole thing started with a statement about abandons being dropped off on counters at the service desk. Can we all be angry about abandons being dropped off at the service desk and not put away or dealt with by whoever found them in the first place
This is something I can get behind lol

Birkenstocks?!? They won’t even let me wear crocs anymore

I got into SO MUCH TROUBLE when I wore my Crocs but I had bad foot pain at the time and no other shoes fit for a few weeks. I could hide in the jewelry boat (when we had that) or cashier. Many people got away with those dumb furry slipper things (that look like boots) that are basically a clog. We had one girl on flow/ad prep who constantly wore shorts and she was the ONLY one allowed to get away with it. She was often not wearing shoes too. No one said a thing.

The best shoes I own are my Chacos sandals. I need to invest in their shoes so I can be more comfortable at work.
To hijack this little tussle- This whole thing started with a statement about abandons being dropped off on counters at the service desk. Can we all be angry about abandons being dropped off at the service desk and not put away or dealt with by whoever found them in the first place

This. My store thinks they need to move the abandons bins to a more cramped location which causes traffic jams and is severely inefficient. They've also locked up our equipment and you need a lead to let you into the room. If I was a lead, I'd just start collecting all the equipment in a cart or basket (which may not be best practice) and then put them away all at once. It's SUCH a waste of time. So...to whoever thinks of this...please come to your senses and let's go back to the way that WAS working...

To my fellow OM drudge: I'm so sorry that I can never get everything done for you. I hate leaving you work, and I hate that yesterday alone I had to leave two pallets and three u-boats. I know that we both detest leaving work, and I know that it's not really my fault, but I still feel guilty pretty much constantly about it. I wish we could go back a year when we got to work together and trucks got done every day and no one ever had to leave work behind.

TTOTM: remember a few weeks ago when you couldn't understand why I wear steel toe shoes to work? Watching you run over your foot with your u-boat and be in pain is one of the many reasons I wear them. I've done it a couple times and didn't feel a thing

TTOTM: So our LOD went to clear a PCV for an Apple Watch that said it was $79.99 hopefully it wasn't you that sold it, we'll find out tomorrow.

okay but you're literally not doing your job correctly; bagging items isn't optional. and before you say "My MeTriCs", ship from store teams across the chain manage to bag and stow orders without missing goal times. ask someone for help picking the next batch while you finish the one you're working on.

I check in the ship to store stuff they cheat and short cut some of the most bullshit I have ever seen.. And also not all stores have the same volume.. My store has sent newbies running out screaming thinking they came from Amazon this should be a cushy gig and our OPU kicked their asses.. Our SFS isn't big volume but our OPU is.

To the Softlines lead: I get you're frustrated with the lack of hours given by Corporate, but I was kind of surprised to hear you cursing in the TSC when talking about Softlines (and the store in general) losing hours and not making sales with HR. It's a tough situation for everyone and I can't even begin to understand what you're dealing with. I guess my desire to hear "drama" and "histrionics" while checking my schedule after punching out got the better of me. I can only hope that somehow things turn around very soon, even though I'm not optimistic about that happening.

That would irritate me. It's really a problem with the OPU service desk area. That's where we'll temporarily leave items we don't have time to bag up and store properly while we make sure the next batch gets done on time. Always fun to come back and find that a bunch of random items have been tossed into my sorted out piles with pick labels on top of the appropriate piles. I start to bag and then...wait a second, I don't remember picking this mascara...did I pick this mascara...what's the guest's name so I can look it up in Pickup...ugh.
Trust me, it's not fine to leave it unpacked at the service desk. I have had this happen only for the items to end up in reshop. Bag the items, store them, and then move on to the next order.

i picked order pickup and drive up exclusively for almost a year so you don't need to educate me about what the metrics and goal times are. WHEN an order goes missing and the service desk can't find it, that's gonna be on you because you aren't doing your job correctly. there's a reason ePick has you pick the order, then scan the hold location, then put the bag in the hold location. maybe instead of trying to cheat the system you could just be better at your job?
Nothing worse if you have a guest come to pick up an OPU and the person working the service desk can't find it. Then we have to take our time to get someone to grab the items for the guest. All because someone can't do their job correctly.

Trust me, it's not fine to leave it unpacked at the service desk. I have had this happen only for the items to end up in reshop. Bag the items, store them, and then move on to the next order.
I didn’t say anything but that confused me too.... you leave items unbagged with a tiny label that could easily fall at the service desk and then get upset at the SDTM (or any other TM who walked by the desk) who thought it was reshop? What?

Last edited:
I didn’t say anything but that confused me too.... you leave items unbagged with a tiny label that could easily fall at the service desk and then get upset at the SDTM (or any other TM who walked by the desk) who thought it was reshop? What?
I’ve had bags left in the reshop area without a label that we thought was a suspended transaction that the guest did not pick up. I’ve had items scanned into one location only to find them no where near that location. I’ve had items I was never able to find. Just makes my job harder.

TTOTM: Stop, just, stop already. Enough with attitude and enough with you acting like you are so much better than everyone else. Also, learn what shit goes in what department! Infant style is not the same as boys and girls! You're probably the jackass who keeps stashing the baby crap on my kid fixtures!

Ttoetl who changed a bunch of people's shifts literally the day before they were supposed to come in: thanks for not telling ANYONE. I was always led to believe you were supposed to contact people if you changed their shift w/out at least 48 hours notice.
My last ETL was famous for doing this, leaving everyone else to deal with the resulting chaos...

Back