TTOServiceDeskTM (and anyone coming up for backup):

USE.
THE.
RIGHT.
SIDE.
OF.
THE.
REGISTERS!

You do this shit right here and there are two perfectly good registers I can use for backup but are invalidated because they have no space for me to service a guest.

And if it's not you helping a guest on the wrong side, it's reshop/to-be-defected items that are blocking the register space.

View attachment 8020

Ours are set up left handed, even the hand scanner is to the left..

Ours are set up left handed, even the hand scanner is to the left..
I could see that. Kind of like the registers out in the lanes.

As long as you use the "correct" side appropriate for your store, I guess it works out.

To those unknown number of team members: Your abandons do not go on the OPU portion of the service desk. No matter how many times leadership explains it to the whole store that nothing is supposed to ever be there except OPU's stuff, you keep putting random crap there. Please, stop.

Our store leaders cooked hotdogs and hamburgers today. They are cooking till close. Love a crispy dog, lol!
I hope my store hadn't been planning on that for the TMs working today. We're under tornado watches and flash flood warnings through most of the region.

To those unknown number of team members: Your abandons do not go on the OPU portion of the service desk. No matter how many times leadership explains it to the whole store that nothing is supposed to ever be there except OPU's stuff, you keep putting random crap there. Please, stop.

We have the same issue with the packing desk in the back, truck team always throws all the their trash on our desk. And got mad when I threw it all back on the line.. Your laziness isn't my problem it is yours and will always be your problem.

I hope my store hadn't been planning on that for the TMs working today. We're under tornado watches and flash flood warnings through most of the region.

Oh crap. I'm scared for you. I would be sitting in my basement freaking out. I don't know how you do it.

TTOServiceDeskTM (and anyone coming up for backup):

USE.
THE.
RIGHT.
SIDE.
OF.
THE.
REGISTERS!

You do this shit right here and there are two perfectly good registers I can use for backup but are invalidated because they have no space for me to service a guest.

And if it's not you helping a guest on the wrong side, it's reshop/to-be-defected items that are blocking the register space.

View attachment 8020
Oh I’ve asked people to scoot so I can help another guest. We only have 4 though, and the last one is usually only used for defect. Hand scanners are on the right.

We have the same issue with the packing desk in the back, truck team always throws all the their trash on our desk. And got mad when I threw it all back on the line.. Your laziness isn't my problem it is yours and will always be your problem.

That would irritate me. It's really a problem with the OPU service desk area. That's where we'll temporarily leave items we don't have time to bag up and store properly while we make sure the next batch gets done on time. Always fun to come back and find that a bunch of random items have been tossed into my sorted out piles with pick labels on top of the appropriate piles. I start to bag and then...wait a second, I don't remember picking this mascara...did I pick this mascara...what's the guest's name so I can look it up in Pickup...ugh.

That would irritate me. It's really a problem with the OPU service desk area. That's where we'll temporarily leave items we don't have time to bag up and store properly while we make sure the next batch gets done on time. Always fun to come back and find that a bunch of random items have been tossed into my sorted out piles with pick labels on top of the appropriate piles. I start to bag and then...wait a second, I don't remember picking this mascara...did I pick this mascara...what's the guest's name so I can look it up in Pickup...ugh.

you should be bagging and stowing the orders before moving to the next batch. if the guest came in then the service desk wouldn't be able to find the order

you should be bagging and stowing the orders before moving to the next batch. if the guest came in then the service desk wouldn't be able to find the order

Nah. My service desk TMs aren't idiots. If I, or another OPU TM, leaves something on the desk, we tell the TM working the desk what it is. These are typically large orders that are easy to identify. We just have to leave them for a few to make sure that we get the other orders that dropped in while we were picking the large order without exceeding goal time. If our service desk TMs are free they are going to go ahead and bag those orders for us then place them in the hold location we've hastily scanned them into. Sometimes they aren't free so things are going to sit and that's when other TMs throwing random abandons there becomes an issue.

Nah. My service desk TMs aren't idiots. If I, or another OPU TM, leaves something on the desk, we tell the TM working the desk what it is. These are typically large orders that are easy to identify. We just have to leave them for a few to make sure that we get the other orders that dropped in while we were picking the large order without exceeding goal time. If our service desk TMs are free they are going to go ahead and bag those orders for us then place them in the hold location we've hastily scanned them into. Sometimes they aren't free so things are going to sit and that's when other TMs throwing random abandons there becomes an issue.

okay but you're literally not doing your job correctly; bagging items isn't optional. and before you say "My MeTriCs", ship from store teams across the chain manage to bag and stow orders without missing goal times. ask someone for help picking the next batch while you finish the one you're working on.

okay but you're literally not doing your job correctly; bagging items isn't optional. and before you say "My MeTriCs", ship from store teams across the chain manage to bag and stow orders without missing goal times. ask someone for help picking the next batch while you finish the one you're working on.

I'm doing it the way my leads approve of. I don't give a shit what random internet person thinks about it. Thanks, for the info about ship from store though. OPU has different metrics and goal times.

I'm doing it the way my leads approve of. I don't give a shit what random internet person thinks about it. Thanks, for the info about ship from store though. OPU has different metrics and goal times.

i picked order pickup and drive up exclusively for almost a year so you don't need to educate me about what the metrics and goal times are. WHEN an order goes missing and the service desk can't find it, that's gonna be on you because you aren't doing your job correctly. there's a reason ePick has you pick the order, then scan the hold location, then put the bag in the hold location. maybe instead of trying to cheat the system you could just be better at your job?

Aye, someone worse than Amanda.

Ok. Your leads approve of it being wrong. It’s still wrong. If it works it works, but it’s wrong.

Also if you weren't such a douche bag, you'd realize that a lot Sfs teams pick OPU, get off your pedestal

i picked order pickup and drive up exclusively for almost a year so you don't need to educate me about what the metrics and goal times are. WHEN an order goes missing and the service desk can't find it, that's gonna be on you because you aren't doing your job correctly. there's a reason ePick has you pick the order, then scan the hold location, then put the bag in the hold location. maybe instead of trying to cheat the system you could just be better at your job?

You're talking about something that has literally never happened and is never going to happen. You don't like me. I get it. Don't care. As far as being good at my job, well I get 39 hours a week to do OPUs. I'm scheduled for the busiest times. My store was the best in the district last week (and month) for both picked on time and INF%. So, maybe you need to learn how to do the job well before spouting your mouth off. Batches get bagged and stowed as soon as we have the chance to do so. We've had absolutely zero problems with doing it our way.

You're talking about something that has literally never happened and is never going to happen. You don't like me. I get it. Don't care. As far as being good at my job, well I get 39 hours a week to do OPUs. I'm scheduled for the busiest times. My store was the best in the district last week (and month) for both picked on time and INF%. So, maybe you need to learn how to do the job well before spouting your mouth off. Batches get bagged and stowed as soon as we have the chance to do so. We've had absolutely zero problems with doing it our way.

weird how i was able to do it the right way and not miss goals. sounds like you just need to get better at your job.

Okey-dokey, lets try this one more time for the folks in the back.

ASANTS = ALL STORES ARE NOT THE SAME

Should they be doing processes and procedures the same way clear across the country?
Yes.
Are they?
We all know the answer to that damned question.

So before we get it another, you're not doing this right, my boss told me to do it this way, you suck, you're a dick, back and forth bunch of postings, just stop and remember all of this.

Commie

weird how i was able to do it the right way and not miss goals. sounds like you just need to get better at your job.

Cool. Next time I get a 30 DPCI drive up followed up a couple of minutes later by a 7 DPCI order pickup all in style and getting them all done in time with no INFs I'll remember that some moron on the Internet tapped out of the argument and told me I need to get better at my job. Thanks. That'll give me a good chuckle while I'm getting that done.

Cool. Next time I get a 30 DPCI drive up followed up a couple of minutes later by a 7 DPCI order pickup all in style and getting them all done in time with no INFs I'll remember that some moron on the Internet tapped out of the argument and told me I need to get better at my job. Thanks. That'll give me a good chuckle while I'm getting that done.

do whatever you want sweetie, but i don't wanna hear you calling out anyone else on this board for doing their job "incorrectly" when you are as well

Back