To that one Team Member - II

band_rules16

Wave Master
Ooh. To my team and TL...I just remembered NOW that I needed to put the strawberries in the cooler and I didn't...luckily it was only one of those box carts instead of two...but you can blame the closing ETL too since she wanted me to do a return cart before we closed and I was racing around at the end last night. 😩

To that team member,
Thanks for not offering me any help even when you had almost 1.5hrs left to do nothing and walking around in front of me chit chatting with people.

NightStocker

Do your job..no matter who isn't doing theirs.
Dear Team Members, please please stop over stocking. Tired of having to fix so much. Only a certain amount fits on those pegs. Back stock the rest. Don’t add more to some other peg where it obviously doesn’t go. Or hide it way back under a shelve.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
Dear Team Members, please please stop over stocking. Tired of having to fix so much. Only a certain amount fits on those pegs. Back stock the rest. Don’t add more to some other peg where it obviously doesn’t go. Or hide it way back under a shelve.
That's one thing that has somewhat gotten better with modernization I think. Some DBOs seem to be realizing that overstocking ultimately creates an endless cycle of more work for themselves. Others, not so much though.

That's one thing that has somewhat gotten better with modernization I think. Some DBOs seem to be realizing that overstocking ultimately creates an endless cycle of more work for themselves. Others, not so much though.
Give it time. If someone is in the same dept. often I would be surprised if they would create a mess that they would need to fix later. Not rocket science to know that doing it right the first time is easier than fixing it later.

I had a GSA who was notorious for this on the candy racks. I'd fill them as they were designed, then he would push more candy and gum in until it looked ridiculous. Backstock is not a dirty word. Luckily, the GSTL set him straight about that.

To add to this - if you are in charge of stocking the checklanes please check them all. If you can’t fit any more Burt’s Bees lip balm on one end I can pretty much guarantee the other end is empty. Stop putting just one more Softlips lip balm on the dang peg so it falls off every time a kid looks at the LEGOs or trading cards or someone walks by and creates a breeze.

ttleadership team, if tms can't or won't learn how to do half of the workcenter then schedule them elsewhere. I can't handle constantly hearing "hufflepuff come do this for __,' 'hey, 'puff, ___ can't do this so you need to'" anymore. I'm trying to work too. And with how you've been treating me for the last few months after years of dedication and captainships, I really dont have any interest in going above and beyond anymore. sorry, not sorry.

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of weeks, the problem originates with too much stuff coming out in the first place, day after day after day. Just a few months ago, when I cared to try to make men's basics look nice, I was taking back an overflowing cart of backstock daily, only for the same stuff to come out again the next day, even with weekly checks to verify that yes, the capacity is right and yes the quantity on the floor is right. When the amount of work is a lot to backstock huge amounts, knowing it will be a daily task, and just finding some place to make it fit, knowing the amount tomorrow will be considerably less because you didn't backstock it......well, when time is limited, do you do the right thing which will take up a huge block of time daily, or do you squish it to keep your future workload light?

To the cart attendant: Thanks for the NCNS last night, no one in the front end knew what to do until I was asked to extend and close in your place. I hope you realize that one of the ETLs was talking about terminating you due to your recent absences. I hate to beat a dead horse but how hard would it have been to call HR to let them know that you couldn't make it for your shift?

Last edited:
Unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of weeks, the problem originates with too much stuff coming out in the first place, day after day after day. Just a few months ago, when I cared to try to make men's basics look nice, I was taking back an overflowing cart of backstock daily, only for the same stuff to come out again the next day, even with weekly checks to verify that yes, the capacity is right and yes the quantity on the floor is right. When the amount of work is a lot to backstock huge amounts, knowing it will be a daily task, and just finding some place to make it fit, knowing the amount tomorrow will be considerably less because you didn't backstock it......well, when time is limited, do you do the right thing which will take up a huge block of time daily, or do you squish it to keep your future workload light?
Talk to a backroom person and find out if your locations are set up right. Sounds like it thinks your wacos are for casepacks, and it will always have you pull the whole casepack.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
Talk to a backroom person and find out if your locations are set up right. Sounds like it thinks your wacos are for casepacks, and it will always have you pull the whole casepack.
This would be the problem. We have several softlines wacos that are set up for casepacks. I love it when epick wants me to pull 27 leggings and I only need one for the order. Then, there are the softlines wacos that are set up for bulk. I don't know how drunk that person was who set up our soflines aisles. But, it was pretty damn drunk.