To that one Team Member - II

Dear Team Members, please please stop over stocking. Tired of having to fix so much. Only a certain amount fits on those pegs. Back stock the rest. Don’t add more to some other peg where it obviously doesn’t go. Or hide it way back under a shelve.
I had a GSA who was notorious for this on the candy racks. I'd fill them as they were designed, then he would push more candy and gum in until it looked ridiculous. Backstock is not a dirty word. Luckily, the GSTL set him straight about that.

Dear Team Members, please please stop over stocking. Tired of having to fix so much. Only a certain amount fits on those pegs. Back stock the rest. Don’t add more to some other peg where it obviously doesn’t go. Or hide it way back under a shelve.
To add to this - if you are in charge of stocking the checklanes please check them all. If you can’t fit any more Burt’s Bees lip balm on one end I can pretty much guarantee the other end is empty. Stop putting just one more Softlips lip balm on the dang peg so it falls off every time a kid looks at the LEGOs or trading cards or someone walks by and creates a breeze.

ttleadership team, if tms can't or won't learn how to do half of the workcenter then schedule them elsewhere. I can't handle constantly hearing "hufflepuff come do this for __,' 'hey, 'puff, ___ can't do this so you need to'" anymore. I'm trying to work too. And with how you've been treating me for the last few months after years of dedication and captainships, I really dont have any interest in going above and beyond anymore. sorry, not sorry.

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of weeks, the problem originates with too much stuff coming out in the first place, day after day after day. Just a few months ago, when I cared to try to make men's basics look nice, I was taking back an overflowing cart of backstock daily, only for the same stuff to come out again the next day, even with weekly checks to verify that yes, the capacity is right and yes the quantity on the floor is right. When the amount of work is a lot to backstock huge amounts, knowing it will be a daily task, and just finding some place to make it fit, knowing the amount tomorrow will be considerably less because you didn't backstock it......well, when time is limited, do you do the right thing which will take up a huge block of time daily, or do you squish it to keep your future workload light?

To the cart attendant: Thanks for the NCNS last night, no one in the front end knew what to do until I was asked to extend and close in your place. I hope you realize that one of the ETLs was talking about terminating you due to your recent absences. I hate to beat a dead horse but how hard would it have been to call HR to let them know that you couldn't make it for your shift?

Last edited:
Unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of weeks, the problem originates with too much stuff coming out in the first place, day after day after day. Just a few months ago, when I cared to try to make men's basics look nice, I was taking back an overflowing cart of backstock daily, only for the same stuff to come out again the next day, even with weekly checks to verify that yes, the capacity is right and yes the quantity on the floor is right. When the amount of work is a lot to backstock huge amounts, knowing it will be a daily task, and just finding some place to make it fit, knowing the amount tomorrow will be considerably less because you didn't backstock it......well, when time is limited, do you do the right thing which will take up a huge block of time daily, or do you squish it to keep your future workload light?

Talk to a backroom person and find out if your locations are set up right. Sounds like it thinks your wacos are for casepacks, and it will always have you pull the whole casepack.

Talk to a backroom person and find out if your locations are set up right. Sounds like it thinks your wacos are for casepacks, and it will always have you pull the whole casepack.

This would be the problem. We have several softlines wacos that are set up for casepacks. I love it when epick wants me to pull 27 leggings and I only need one for the order. Then, there are the softlines wacos that are set up for bulk. I don't know how drunk that person was who set up our soflines aisles. But, it was pretty damn drunk.

Does target think that we're supposed to go to softlines unload area to look for order pickups or something because I've walked infants five times with RFID and this fucking shirt isn't here

Does target think that we're supposed to go to softlines unload area to look for order pickups or something because I've walked infants five times with RFID and this fucking shirt isn't here
If it's folded, it could be waiting to be backstocked. Softlines gets such crazy amounts of clothing that at my store time had to be set aside for someone dedicated to backstocking the whole mess. If it's hanging, it likely is in the back room. Hanging stuff has no backroom location, no way to locate it, if My Work says it's on the floor that actually means it's in the building, could be on the floor or could be in the hanging areas in the back room.

To that one ETL. You won't allow me to cross-train to salesfloor, but when you need the signs put up in market this morning, who gets taken from the front end to do it? (When there are no other cashiers in the building yet, for good measure)

TTOTM: Why on earth did you push milk at 6pm on Sunday? You made it that much more difficult for me to fill tonight. I couldn't finish everything tonight because you decided to do it early. I wonder if you left early too.

To the cart attendant: Thanks for the NCNS last night, no one in the front end knew what to do until I was asked to extend and close in your place. I hope you realize that one of the ETLs was talking about terminating you due to your recent absences. I hate to beat a dead horse but how hard would it have been to call HR to let them know that you couldn't make it for your shift?
Said cart attendant just quit without two weeks notice, leaving us scrambling to cover his shifts for the next few weeks. I wish him the best though, and he might be a student and perhaps prioritizing school over Target. I get that pushing carts can be a thankless and difficult job, especially closing but you can't just not show up without any consequences. Team lead did say that we hired a couple of new cart attendants to replace him though thankfully, they just have to go through orientation and training.

Not sure if I'm wrong on this one? Really close to when I began working at Target, a man came for an order pickup. I went to look for it, and after like 15-20 seconds of looking for it (it's in the biggest section where nothing is labelled well) the man came past the desk into the section and started rummaging through other orders looking for his own. I tried not to panic even though I felt wildly uncomfortable at the stranger getting super close to me where he wasn't supposed to be, and I just kept saying like "I'll find it in a second!" trying to get him to go back but he never did and then the GSA came over a second later and helped us find it calmly. Come to find out, the man works there and I just hadn't met him yet, but he works somewhere in the back and wasn't on a shift or anything that day and looked like a regular guest. Just kinda scared me and I was trying not to panic

My opinion, he shouldn't have been there, because it is an employee work area. If he had gotten hurt rummaging around then it'd get complicated because workman's comp wouldn't cover him. An off the clock TM should not be in an area that regular guests cannot be in, for the same reason a guest can't be there.

I've spooked a few new cashiers by shopping on my day off and explaining how to back out of the total screen to add my discount, since it won't work if you scan it after totaling. They always freeze up and give me a look like "who tf are you telling me how to use my register" and I have to be like "I work here" and give the GSA a loud "SUP FAM!" so the noob knows I'm vetted lol

I've spooked a few new cashiers by shopping on my day off and explaining how to back out of the total screen to add my discount, since it won't work if you scan it after totaling. They always freeze up and give me a look like "who tf are you telling me how to use my register" and I have to be like "I work here" and give the GSA a loud "SUP FAM!" so the noob knows I'm vetted lol
Yeah, people get all bitchy about someone telling the cashier what keys to hit, but a TM can get in trouble if they get stuff at a ridiculous low cost, it'd be looked at the same as printing out discount as is stickers to lower it from the actual price for the TM to purchase, basically fraud. I'm not getting in trouble because a cashier screwed up and changed my $6 bag of cat food to 99 cents and completely skipped my 99 cents onion. The stupid idiot got all pissed when I tried to point out the mistake and explain how to fix it and told me she knew what she was doing, I guess because it wasn't her ass on the line for knowingly paying too little.

Birkenstocks?!? They won’t even let me wear crocs anymore
If you have a Crocs store nearby, check these bad boys out. Recommended to me by a podiatrist for my developing plantar fasciitis pain. I LOVE them.

TTOServiceDeskTM (and anyone coming up for backup):

USE.
THE.
RIGHT.
SIDE.
OF.
THE.
REGISTERS!

You do this shit right here and there are two perfectly good registers I can use for backup but are invalidated because they have no space for me to service a guest.

And if it's not you helping a guest on the wrong side, it's reshop/to-be-defected items that are blocking the register space.

Back