To that one Team Member - II

TTOGSTL: Where did you put the jewelry that the guest put on hold two days before? The guest was very angry that it wasn't at the "hold" location and the GSTL working yesterday gave her a $20 gift card for the inconvenience since that was the last one in the store. It might not be your fault, but I don't know why the item wasn't where it was supposed to be.

TTOTM - please, please don't stash product in the back room without properly locating it. Had it not been for a SFS order yesterday and that TM asking where are the 8 that we supposedly have on hand when the shelf is empty and none of it came in on that day's truck, I probably wouldn't have tried so hard to find it in the back. Loose product doesn't belong on a shelf reserved for full cases. Although if you'd located it there, it would have been easier to find!
Side note re: being the DBO for my area - this is one thing I like about the DBO way of doing things because as I get my back room area organized better, I'll have a better handle on this sort of thing. Until then.... it's exasperating.

TTOTM who unpacked BTS

THE PLASTIC DIVIDERS ARE SHIPPED IN PACKS OF 12. TAKE THEM OUT OF THE PLASTIC. THEY ARE NOT SOLD LIKE THAT.

TTOflexTM
check those plastic dividers before putting them on hold thanks. You gave a guest 48 instead of 4.
TTOM who pushed BTS -
Those folders are a 5-pack, says so on the package you threw away.
Why did you take them all OUT of the package, that has the barcode on it ?
Since they cannot be sold individually, we have to defect them ALL out !
And Spot thought replacing experienced TMs with newbies was the recipe for success...🙄😂😂😂😂😂😂🙄

TTOGSTL: Where did you put the jewelry that the guest put on hold two days before? The guest was very angry that it wasn't at the "hold" location and the GSTL working yesterday gave her a $20 gift card for the inconvenience since that was the last one in the store. It might not be your fault, but I don't know why the item wasn't where it was supposed to be.
We only hold items for 24 hours. It wouldn’t still be there two days later at my store.

We only hold items for 24 hours. It wouldn’t still be there two days later at my store.
Sorry, I should have been clearer about this. The guest put the jewelry on hold on Friday afternoon and came in again on Saturday afternoon to pick it up, so it was still within the 24 hour hold period, meaning that it should have been there. I don't know what happened, but the guest was extremely mad about the situation.

Sorry, I should have been clearer about this. The guest put the jewelry on hold on Friday afternoon and came in again on Saturday afternoon to pick it up, so it was still within the 24 hour hold period, meaning that it should have been there. I don't know what happened, but the guest was extremely mad about the situation.
For a lot of stores, 24 hours means end of the day's 24 hours, ie closing. It doesn't mean the hold bin is inventoried every hour on the hour with TMs looking for the 25th hour.

I'm not feeling much sympathy for the guest. She needed it that bad, she could either have gotten there sooner or if she couldn't, ordered online for OPU. Putting it back so that other guests have equal opportunity to buy it and spend money after it sat unpurchaseable overnight was the better business move.

For a lot of stores, 24 hours means end of the day's 24 hours, ie closing. It doesn't mean the hold bin is inventoried every hour on the hour with TMs looking for the 25th hour.

I'm not feeling much sympathy for the guest. She needed it that bad, she could either have gotten there sooner or if she couldn't, ordered online for OPU. Putting it back so that other guests have equal opportunity to buy it and spend money after it sat unpurchaseable overnight was the better business move.
I've never been a big fan of holding stuff for guests either. If they want it that bad, then end of day should be long enough.

There was one hold where I wanted to strangle the TM. Someone called right when I was going on break, she wanted a dress, so I snagged it on the way, put it in a shopping bag with her name and date (to keep it clean) and tossed it in the hold bin. She came in while I was on break and the GS TM told her it wasn't on hold, that the FRO (me) never brought it up. She threw a rightful fit and the GS TM didn't call for me on the walkie to see where I put it. When I heard about it maybe 20 minutes after my break I looked in the hold bin and it was still in there, no one had moved it.

To that one ETL. Sure, let's take an already overtaxed and frazzled cart attendant (front of store attendant) team and tell them that they are responsible for drive-up OPU as well. We don't even have zebras, so how are we even supposed to know when there is an order to be taken out? (Not to mention that a cart attendant on the far side of the lot with a full load of carts can't even get back to the building in under two minutes, let alone get back, pick up the order and a zebra, and get it to the guest in that time frame)

I agree and I don't like holding items for guests either, but it is the policy at all Targets to hold items if guests request it.
From what I've seen, holds at my store are for twenty-four hours, not closing like at other stores. Since the team member promised to hold the item for twenty-four hours, we should have had the item for the guest. I don't like it, but that's just my point of view.

I agree and I don't like holding items for guests either, but it is the policy at all Targets to hold items if guests request it.
From what I've seen, holds at my store are for twenty-four hours, not closing like at other stores. Since the team member promised to hold the item for twenty-four hours, we should have had the item for the guest. I don't like it, but that's just my point of view.
Actually official policy on holds is ASANTS as there isn’t one. The only official policy is we don’t hold clearance or high demand items.

The Front End, at least at my store, gets more hours than Inbound, GM, and Fulfillment combined. They get more hours than Style + VM as well. That's why GM overspends. They do 3x as much work, but are given less hours and need to bail you (you being the front) out almost every day.

That must be nice. My ETL-HR takes my other SETL's hours (we don't have a second currently) and 15 of my cart attendant hours for the Style team. We're constantly getting pegged for having 1, maybe 2 lanes open in the surveys and in person, and her solution to that is not to give me my hours back, but "tell your cashiers to scan faster". Also, ETL-Specialty Sales often grabs my cart attendant to push or zone in Style. When there's 2 lanes open on a Saturday during back to school, scanning faster won't do shit to cut the line down. I do what I can, but sometimes, everyone needs to be a team player.

Actually official policy on holds is ASANTS as there isn’t one. The only official policy is we don’t hold clearance or high demand items.
I stand corrected. I thought every Target did holds, just that the time the item would be held varied by store.
I just wish the guest bought the jewelry, and if she didn't like it, returned it instead of what happened.

That must be nice. My ETL-HR takes my other SETL's hours (we don't have a second currently) and 15 of my cart attendant hours for the Style team. We're constantly getting pegged for having 1, maybe 2 lanes open in the surveys and in person, and her solution to that is not to give me my hours back, but "tell your cashiers to scan faster". Also, ETL-Specialty Sales often grabs my cart attendant to push or zone in Style. When there's 2 lanes open on a Saturday during back to school, scanning faster won't do shit to cut the line down. I do what I can, but sometimes, everyone needs to be a team player.

i've never seen a store where SE gets more payroll than GM, Inbound, and Fulfillment combined anyway....

The Target Mobile guy who said buying gift cards after inquired about selling them and saying a supervisor is not present.

2-day hold? Man, y'all are too nice.
It's 10 PM hold next day hold here.

Back