To that one Team Member - II

To that one team member: I'm sorry that I yelled at you over forgetting to scan the team member discount from your phone when you were paying for photos, but I was on self-checkout and paying attention to the guests should be the main priority. Maybe I went too far, but you didn't need to be aggressive and yell at me.
At least now, I'll remember the procedure for post-void when cash is the payment method. You have to press "Total" and then it will prompt to give the cash back to the guest.

We’re only allowed to have drinks during our breaks :( even if it’s sealed with a lid we can’t have it all with us. I get so thirsty from talking so much while cashiering, it’s hell haha
Same here, unless you have a doctors note, but no one usually tells someone they can't have a bottle of water, unless it becomes and issue, so we go through cycles. After the gstl leaves (depending on who the "LOD" is), the cashiers often have real starbucks drinks LOL.

At my store they’re ok with water but nothing else. At GS we can usually hide other stuff though
HR just told us today we were not allowed to to have anywater bottles on the sales floor. They said it was un sanitary. They told me to get a doctors note. I told them it doesnt make any sense. They want us to waste time going to the fountain evry 1/2 hour. I have to pay a doctor to tell me I need to drink water? Who is the idiot that came up with that policy? I will continue to drink my water.

HR just told us today we were not allowed to to have anywater bottles on the sales floor. They said it was un sanitary. They told me to get a doctors note. I told them it doesnt make any sense. They want us to waste time going to the fountain evry 1/2 hour. I have to pay a doctor to tell me I need to drink water? Who is the idiot that came up with that policy? I will continue to drink my water.

whisper the words "reasonable accommodation" and "americans with disabilities act" into your HR's ear and watch them run in the other direction, leaving your water bottle with you

whisper the words "reasonable accommodation" and "americans with disabilities act" into your HR's ear and watch them run in the other direction, leaving your water bottle with you
I will look into that. It shouldnt even be an issue. I shouldnt be labled disabled because I drink water. I work in market area with all those coolers running it produces alot of heat which can make me tired. when I drink my water at my convienace its refreshing and I work faster.

Yeah they tried to get us to not have drinks on the sales floor. It lasted about two months before the team started ignoring the policy

Hi yes SETLs, I've been doing OPU longer than all of you combined. Please stop harping on me about how to do them and what the metrics are. If you want pick on time and inf metrics better, talk to the other people pulling and leave me be tia. It's already stressful enough that I get to come in with the expectation of INFing nothing because it's already at 11%.

Hi yes SETLs, I've been doing OPU longer than all of you combined. Please stop harping on me about how to do them and what the metrics are. If you want pick on time and inf metrics better, talk to the other people pulling and leave me be tia. It's already stressful enough that I get to come in with the expectation of INFing nothing because it's already at 11%.

i dont get why any SETL cares about pick on time or inf

those are gm metrics lmao miss me with that

To the cart attendants: If you're going to call out, can you call out earlier so that the GSTL and I can both prepare? I mean I didn't mind filling in, but i just thought it was surprising that the GSTL told me to move from self-checkout to mobile checkout at around 10:20 AM and then ten minutes later, he asked me to take my break and then go on carts since the morning/afternoon cart attendant called out. Same for the closing cart attendant, I checked with the GSTL on my last break if I would stay until 5:00 PM, which he confirmed. Then, about an hour after, he asked me to close since you called out, but it was too much doing carts from 10:30 AM to closing, so another cashier came in as closing cart attendant.
Sometimes, school and plans may come up, but please let HR know as soon as possible, so that we can figure something out if you have to call out.

To my one former who ALWAYS goes out of her way to help the less fortunate in her small community, thank you. It was very nice of you to spend your money at my grocery store yesterday to get food for a dinner for those in need in MW. I am glad you enjoying your retirement working your many gardens and hope your pumpkins turn out well.

TTOServiceDeskTM: Please stop berating TMs who order OPUs. It's one thing to give them a little good-natured shit for it. You don't need to be downright hostile about it. I'm the one who does most of the picking for the store. I don't mind the orders, especially if it's TMs taking advantage of an online only deal like the current COLLEGE deal. We aren't millionaires and when we can save a few dollars we should. I order OPUs myself to save money when I can. Just stop telling every TM who orders something that they should know how busy I am and do their own shopping. I REALLY DON'T MIND THE ORDERS. Did you not overhear me talking to an HRTM about her putting in an order for furniture on her upcoming break and telling her that I'd go ahead and set things aside for her? You were standing right there. Did I sound pissed? No. We actually had a lengthy conversation about which coffee table she should order. So just knock it off and let TMs take advantage of the ways to save that they can. Thanks.

Last edited:
TTOServiceDeskTM: Please stop berating TMs who order OPUs. It's one thing to give them a little good-natured shit for it. You don't need to be downright hostile about it. I'm the one who does most of the picking for the store. I don't mind the orders, especially if it's TMs taking advantage of an online only deal like the current COLLEGE deal. We aren't millionaires and when we can save a few dollars we should. I order OPUs myself to save money when I can. Just stop telling every TM who orders something that they should know how busy I am and do their own shopping. I REALLY DON'T MIND THE ORDERS. Did you not overhear me talking to an HRTM about her putting in an order for furniture on her upcoming break and telling her that I'd go ahead and set things aside for her? You were standing right there. Did I sound pissed? No. We actually head a lengthy conversation about which coffee table she should order. So just knock it off and let TMs take advantage of the ways to save that they can. Thanks.
Wow that’s wild. I would be mad if they did drive up but not OPU

You can come inside to collect a drive-up order? I didn't know that. I've never ordered with drive-up, though.

The irritation lies in the fact that OPU is just one of 200 other tasks that corp expects everybody to do with 1/40th the amount of payroll actually needed

yes I will gladly juggle 200 things at once...for 40 a week, every week...without promoting. Show me that dough and the honk honk won't know what hit it. Otherwise fuck off lol

The whole point of OPU and Drive-Up is convenience. Kind of seems strange to get upset at guests for using them. I mean, not having to physically go get the items is the main attraction here. Why is everyone pissed that guests (and TMs) are utilizing these services?

This is how I know you don't do OPU. I like my job, basically. I don't generally get mad when people order shit. But, there is no way to do OPU regularly and at least once or twice a shift not proclaim, "For fuck's sake, do your own damn shopping, asshole!" It's just the way it is. Orders can get ridiculous. You want to really pull out your hair? Fulfill an order that is something like 2 bookshelves. Now push that around as the guest also ordered some fragile home decor items. Great. Oh, but this guest isn't done with you yet. Nope. You need to head over to beauty and get 6 items of makeup. Now, it's on to softlines cause momma needs a new pair of earrings and a purse. Wait! You're not done yet. Gonna need you to grab some chapstick from the checklanes. Remember to smile when the guest comes in next week to finally pick that shit up.

Last edited:
Ah, SETL. Just don't come chat anymore. I no longer want to hear about the next big ideas.

We get it. You are going to fire everyone, reduce hours, and nobody does it right.

Look, you are responsible for implementing the changes. If your team isn't doing it right, then it's on you.

Get it together and learn how to coach for success and motivate. UK know you're impressed with write ups, but word to the wise, you'll blow out your strong performers if you do that.

TTOTM who was complaining they were the only one -having- to do carry outs bc no one was responding, but I called you out as the one GM kept answering and going up to the FOS and doing those carry outs the past 2 hours. The next week I catch you talking to an ETL and saying you're the only one who does anything yet you have a great team behind you and I know for a fact that I can name the plethora of GA's that do above and beyond every shift. And then the icing on the cake today... I am doing FF and running back and forth like a crazy person and I try to pass the front as there is a sea of guests with no one calling for backup or paying attention to the blockade happening... Old habits die hard and I call backup (and I get such faster responses than the current team) and I get over to the service desk finally... to see you... You who are the only one who does anything up front by your own words... doing nothing while there is a line of guests to the door, your other two team members handling a situation and you can't even get on a register on either side for some reason and help your team. And, no, not just this one occurrence. The next 4 hours as each order gets done I go back there and you are at either far end of a computerless desk, doing nothing, elbows on the desk as guests are staring ME down to step in (which I can't while orders are dropping in like mad crazy). To you I say- you better step up and wipe those delusions from your mind. If your TL or any one of the leaders see you, you won't be needed surely. And I get OPU, but if every other TM can be scheduled that and jump between tasks with the other 2 behind that desk, surely you can service our guests.

TTOTM today whom I finally worked with side by side for flexible fulfillment... You are a jackass and I was seriously disappointed in your lack of care for the team. We already had a couple missed goals but our team all day was striving hard not to miss anything, we were having fun and being so enthusiastic to stay positive and fast, helping each other as things were getting close to goal time. You come in, say something about not feeling like you can move fast enough- orders started dropping again like crazy. I, in my usual approach, try to amp you up. When you act like you're joking, you're really brushing me off with the continuous words, 'nah, it doesn't matter. No one will care. I don't care." I'm busting my ass, I have been for the past 7 hours non stop. You have yet to work a shift like this. I see you again, again I try and give some fun encouragement, "LET'S GO, woot woot woot!" and you say the same non-caring thing with no urgency as the mydevice pings 3 times in a row. More orders. I pass my my HRETL. They comment on the previous missed goals and ask if we're communicating. I said 'we are trying'. I mean, I was trying to without overstepping my role. The next time I see you, now the trainer in me comes out, the helpful TM that encourages now with key facts of the role to make sure you understand the tasks presented to us. I mention the HR ETL and what they said to me and how the metrics need to continue to reflect meeting goal times. Now your tone is annoyed. I get it. I didn't want to get us that far, but you aren't the team player you were hired to be. Your words are now callous, your attitude less than encouraging to me that we can meet the expectations of our role. I meet yet again with you not long after- I have some work to be done in this slight moment of peace. You go to set up the line while I'm still on the clock.. cool, but I know your orders drop to near nothing later, but whatever- you're staying productive and thinking ahead. Admirable, even. I get hit suddenly with a few orders, stop my work and get it all done with 5 minutes until I am to clock out. I go to meet you again in the backroom to hand off keys and the like and touch base one last time. I can't find you. You eventually come back--- you decided to take your 15 as well without informing me. Luckily I didn't need it, but I chime in to let me know next time so I know who to call for help should I absolutely have to. You give me the passing look, that non-caring glance as if I had left you in muddy waters. Your attitude sucks. Your no urgency will be seen, no doubt, by others soon as we will be approaching busier times. And I will be talking to a lead about the nasty way you mocked a coworker's voice. I don't flipping care what your personal beliefs are (well, i mean I do but not on the clock) but Target is inclusive and the way you mocked said person's voice... made me so mad. I don't want that type of culture poisoning our positive space. That coworker WILL feel safe with us and not made fun of for whatever bigoted thoughts you may have. We are one team and we will all be respected.

END RANT oye.

TTCoupleOfTMs: There are multiple reasons why AP doesn't interact with us cashiers while they're on the floor. It's not because they don't know how to communicate, it's that they're doing their job and they also expect *you* to do your job
Everyone was trained on BOB and LISA when they were hired, so don't whine they "didn't give you a heads up over the walkie" that's not how it works.

Back