To that one Team Member - II

To Those Unknown TMs in the backroom: Please quit shoving NON apparel down our aisles behind our z-racks of swim. The morning backroom team does not appreciate finding out they have more toys and formula to backstock when they're trying to clean up to go home.

To the Bike Builder: Quit opening boxes, half building bikes, and then leaving their carcasses all over my area. If you can finish what you started, don't start it.... and while you're at it, throw your boxes away. Neither I nor the backroom team have time to play maid service for you.

Ahhh, now it's making sense. Still frustrating though.

To the new seasonal TMs:
ANSWER THE CALL BUTTONS AND CALLS. If I'm backing up at the lanes and I hear the toys callbox go to the third request one more time...(and don't tell me electronics can get it, no they can't, they are busy enough with their stuff)...

The calls are easy to pick up on a Zebra. I can show you. But please answer them. I don't care if you're a minor or "don't understand how this technology works" or what. I'm tired of being harped on by TLs on the walkie for not answering a call box, and I feel sorry for the operator who is begging for people to answer phone calls.

Caller: Hi there, I was wondering about an item you guys have that Target.com says you guys have in stock.
Me: okay, go on; may I get the DCPI number to check?
Caller; 000-00-000*
Me; I'm sorry, but we currently have non in stock at the moment.
Caller: But it says you have 1 in hand?
Me: Yes I know, but that one in hand is just a display item and we can't sell that.
Caller: But it says you have 1 in hand?
Me: ...... again...its jus.. (Caller interrupts)
Caller: LET ME SPEAK TO THE MANAGER!!!!!!
Me: okay, I'll transfer you now.
Caller: You're very bad at being a electronic person
Me: This isn't the electronics section. I'm currently Market, I just answered the store's phone through my Zebra.
Caller:...........
Caller: WAIT YOUR NOT ELECTRONICS???????? HOW COULD YOU TELL ME ABOUT SOMETHING YOU HAVE??????

To the entire softlines team - what the heck do you do all day? I know you're not answering calls from the front lanes to back up cashier and you're ignoring the walkie, plus the 15+ carts of returns that just seem to multiply like rabbits instead of disappearing...(I also enjoyed the fact that you were the first ones to clock out last night when we closed last night...)

Also not sure why there was next to no one closing last night...

Only two sections in your store get overstocked? Lucky. Our domestics section is an amazing sight to behold. We have stuffed piled up evrywhere.

Only two sections in your store get overstocked? Lucky. Our domestics section is an amazing sight to behold. We have stuffed piled up evrywhere.
It’s everywhere, that’s just the section I’m in the most lol. Toys is the biggest disaster here, but at least it’s being reset in a couple weeks

Ttotms : stop over stocking and stop flexing everything everywhere because you are unwilling to backstock ...
yes , I am talking about chemical , furniture , baby hardline , stationary ...
it’s hard for SFS to be able to do an OPU under 30 minutes if we have to rummage thru several shelves of swiffer to find the lavender one ...

To whoever calls for backup: I know that I'm not one of your cashiers, but if you are going to hold me there most of my shift, would it kill you to let me have the 15 minute break I'm supposed to be getting? I'm not very happy that I was not given a chance for a 15 minute break because all but the first hour-ish of my shift was doing backup and whoever is managing the cashier schedule took care of their folks but not me. Good thing I didn't have to go to the bathroom - oh wait, I didn't have to go because I was likely dehydrated because my doctor ordered water bottle was emptied early on and I had no 15 minute break where I could refill it. Yeah, add me to the list where I won't go up for backup unless the LOD calls for me by name.

To whoever calls for backup: I know that I'm not one of your cashiers, but if you are going to hold me there most of my shift, would it kill you to let me have the 15 minute break I'm supposed to be getting? I'm not very happy that I was not given a chance for a 15 minute break because all but the first hour-ish of my shift was doing backup and whoever is managing the cashier schedule took care of their folks but not me. Good thing I didn't have to go to the bathroom - oh wait, I didn't have to go because I was likely dehydrated because my doctor ordered water bottle was emptied early on and I had no 15 minute break where I could refill it. Yeah, add me to the list where I won't go up for backup unless the LOD calls for me by name.
Personally I only have breaks written down for the front end so when someone comes up to back up for an extended period of time they just tell me when they need to go on break and I find coverage for them, shut their light off or get on their lane myself so they can go. I’m always thankful to have ppl backing up but when there’s a lot going on I trust that the sales floor will communicate when they need to take their break or get off a register

Personally I only have breaks written down for the front end so when someone comes up to back up for an extended period of time they just tell me when they need to go on break and I find coverage for them, shut their light off or get on their lane myself so they can go. I’m always thankful to have ppl backing up but when there’s a lot going on I trust that the sales floor will communicate when they need to take their break or get off a register
This, at my store people backing up are responsible for taking a break. So are cashiers, at their scheduled times.

This, at my store people backing up are responsible for taking a break. So are cashiers, at their scheduled times.
Unfortunately at my store we had to stop telling cashiers when their break is and just go over to physically send them on their break when it’s time because if you told them when their break was they would just go when that time hit and leave guests in their line or leave SCO unattended without saying anything :oops:

Yeah, but backup can't leave until the GSA or GSTL or whoever comes over and turns off the lane light. So I can't just turn off my light and walk away for a break or because there's no one in line and backup is clearly not needed. Backup has to stay until dismissed.

TTOSeasonalTM No One Liked Who Left Yesterday: Thank goodness you're gone. No more "customer needs help" calls on the walkie from you, no more stupid questions like "what's a LAWD?" (phonetically pronouncing "LOD" as a word instead of as initials), and no more dealing with your laziness when asked to hop on for backup.

Good riddance!

Yeah, but backup can't leave until the GSA or GSTL or whoever comes over and turns off the lane light. So I can't just turn off my light and walk away for a break or because there's no one in line and backup is clearly not needed. Backup has to stay until dismissed.
ASANTS

Back