To that one Team Member - II

Not just supervisor numbers...there are some service desk TMs who can get really snippy with guests, and it usually ends up being the GSAs that fix the problem with an upset guest. (And they're a lot nicer about it...) We had one TM chewing out a guest over an order pickup back in Q4, and all we needed to know was how to cancel the order. GSA comes over and boom, fixed. So I'm okay with them at the desk at my current store.
It’s usually my GSTL’s/GSA’s who are the snippy ones. They also do not leave GS very brand. Don’t get me started on photo. Only one of them knows how to handle any photo issues.

Ttotm-

Walks over to the grocery u-boats to update goal time....

Inbound tm " These are the food [u-boats]"

Um okay....you're not new and I know you know I'm the consumables TL because I worked the line before with you and told you 1000 times not to stack them the same exact way they are 😑

Ttotm-

Walks over to the grocery u-boats to update goal time....

Inbound tm " These are the food [u-boats]"

Um okay....you're not new and I know you know I'm the consumables TL because I worked the line before with you and told you 1000 times not to stack them the same exact way they are 😑

coach him

To the closing LOD: Sorry that I used the guest entrance to bring the extra carts to softlines where they are lined up at closing, but it was easier than going through the cart attendant entrance, where all of the carts were organized and it was difficult to pass through. It wasn't that busy last night and I don't think it would have left a bad impression on guests if I went through the guest entrance a few times. I was hoping that you would be more thankful that I covered for the cart attendant who called out last night instead of nitpicking on something like that. I do appreciate that you did help to organize the carts though to make it easier to bring in the remaining ones at the end of the night though.

A couple weeks ago when I was asked to cover for a nonexistent CA, I was told that bringing carts through the guest entrance is a no-no because those doors are a helluvalot more expensive to repair when they get knocked off track from impacts by the carts. Except I don't pull in enough carts at a time to have made contact with the doors.

A couple weeks ago when I was asked to cover for a nonexistent CA, I was told that bringing carts through the guest entrance is a no-no because those doors are a helluvalot more expensive to repair when they get knocked off track from impacts by the carts. Except I don't pull in enough carts at a time to have made contact with the doors.

Our store has been going through a remodel and they're doing the front doors this week. The only doors open right now are the entrance doors, so all entering and exiting and cart traffic has to go through the entrance doors right now. The door sensors open even if I line up with a row of carts, do yours not?

Our store has been going through a remodel and they're doing the front doors this week. The only doors open right now are the entrance doors, so all entering and exiting and cart traffic has to go through the entrance doors right now. The door sensors open even if I line up with a row of carts, do yours not?
Yes. But I guess if you have too long of a line of carts, the doors close on you. I can't push more than 6 at a time and it's never been an issue for me.

I do not know what world my STL and ETLs live in where they think they can just schedule me outside of my availability for an overnight

I know you weren't talking to me directly, but I don't have that problem where only the entrance doors are the only doors that open. The guest entrance doors open automatically so there isn't much of a chance that the doors will be hit and impacted. I don't think the closing LOD was talking to me about that so much as that it wasn't brand to use the guest entrance to bring in carts. I only cover carts when the cart attendant calls out, so it's not a big deal, I was just surprised that using the guest entrance doors was considered a no-no.

I'm not debating that, I'm simply saying that if you're not someone that spends your entire time in an area, you're not likely to know where the item is or the best way to find it. For instance, I know that this is a pair of AND black pants. But I can't always tell which of the seven or eight types of AND black pants I need, and short of having the RFID handy at all times, a Softlines TM is far faster at finding that than OPU.
I am SFS Captain and I will tell you as I tell my own TM , use a damn RFID !! If you are doing OPU , you better have that RFID handy ! And scan those pants , every single one if you have to ... doesn’t take that long !!!
I told softline to stop enabling my team to be lazy brats because as they “they don’t like finding items in softline “ .. if they don’t have a RFID in hand , do not help them ! Softline have a job to do , finding items for SFS is not one of them !

Softline have a job to do , finding items for SFS is not one of them !
ASANTS, but our SFU/OPU teams were told to use RFID, but if they didn’t find the item in a very short time to ask the soft lines team for help. Red metrics are the ultimate sin at my store, so whoever can find a soft lines item fastest for OPU is getting tapped to find it, per the STL and ETL-Log.

I am SFS Captain and I will tell you as I tell my own TM , use a damn RFID !! If you are doing OPU , you better have that RFID handy ! And scan those pants , every single one if you have to ... doesn’t take that long !!!
I told softline to stop enabling my team to be lazy brats because as they “they don’t like finding items in softline “ .. if they don’t have a RFID in hand , do not help them ! Softline have a job to do , finding items for SFS is not one of them !

What? No, that is part of softlines job if we are to meet goals. I always use the RFID gun. ALWAYS. Not every clothing item is RFID enabled though and you sometimes need a second pair of eyes even when using the gun. Hell, it says right on the clipboard that I carry around in my cart to write INF notes on that before hitting "Can't Find," partner with a TM in the area.

My softlines team is generally great. By working with them, my INF rate is lower in softlines than in hardlines. There's nothing quite like getting a 25+ DPCI OPU all in softlines and finding all of it within goal time because you are using the gun along with a couple of style TMs helping look where to scan.

I told softline to stop enabling my team to be lazy brats
...dude, you must be a joy to work with. Asking for help is not the worst thing in the world. My ETL and STL frequently tell me I should feel free to ask for help more instead of struggling by myself. It's called team work and good leadership skills, Captain.

Also: We all have a million things to get done, RFID scanners can be unreliable, and *gasp* not everything is scannable.

Don't forget that the shirt that should be in boys ended up in mens, the pants that are needed are on a reshop cart nowhere near that particular brand, the shoes are a special case that are put with the brand rather than in the shoe section, and there is a very close looking dress that is a different brand on the opposite side of RTW and the wanted brand keeps ending up on the other brand's rack. RFID is not very good when the SFS TM goes to where the item should be, not where it tends to end up. Softlines TMs can and should help the SFS TM look in all the not right but likely alternate areas.

Don't forget that the shirt that should be in boys ended up in mens, the pants that are needed are on a reshop cart nowhere near that particular brand, the shoes are a special case that are put with the brand rather than in the shoe section, and there is a very close looking dress that is a different brand on the opposite side of RTW and the wanted brand keeps ending up on the other brand's rack. RFID is not very good when the SFS TM goes to where the item should be, not where it tends to end up. Softlines TMs can and should help the SFS TM look in all the not right but likely alternate areas.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call bullshit on several of these. If an item is supposed to be in boys but gets put in mens instead by mistake then do you think Style is going to know that? Also, if it is in reshop, they might not know if it is there or not; we are not psychic! If it is a different brand it will say so in the product description and if you are not sure then tap the dpci to bring it up in My Work to pull up more information. There are some instances when an item, like shoes, might be with their brand but that's on a limited basis. For my store, nine times out of ten, we are either leading SFS/OPU to an item in plain sight or it's a problem we can't help with because the item just isn't in stock. I've worked SFS/OPU shifts myself and only asked in areas outside of my work centers for help if it is a Hardlines/Market item that has no location after I have already looked.

Last edited:
Back