To that one Team Member - II

To Couple of the Guest Service oops I mean Service Advocate TMs:

It’s been a while I’ve been placed at SD (Q4 oh jeez), and I appreciate all of you guys for your patience once again to go over what’s new after mod. It was also a big bonus yall were happy to see me there. Always here for that solidarity fellas and I have all of your backs as well

To Couple of the Guest Service oops I mean Service Advocate TMs:

It’s been a while I’ve been placed at SD (Q4 oh jeez), and I appreciate all of you guys for your patience once again to go over what’s new after mod. It was also a big bonus yall were happy to see me there. Always here for that solidarity fellas and I have all of your backs as well
Trust me we’re always happy to help new people learn!! Glad your team is nice

To whoever is running the front I have a SCO shift tonight and I better not be put in GS I need a damn break from the stress I’m having literal stress nightmares again about work and i usually only have those during q4

TTOTM: There were two of us at SCO last night. However, things started to back up around 9. The GSTL walkied and asked for one of us to help out. You looked like you were heading out to a lane anyway, so I simply said: "You're going to head up?" You replied: "Yeah, but I hate the lanes on Friday nights..."

Um, OK. 1: If you didn't want to go, you should've said something. 2: I don't see why you dislike the lanes on only Fridays when every weekend is this busy in our store.

Did she get on a lane? Some people grumble about tasks they don't like at the same time they are doing it because they know it needs to be done.
She did. I just don't see why she had to whine when I could've gone up instead. Oh well. 😌 I think she likes it over at SCO because she doesn't have to do any hard work 🙄

To that one Inbound team member: I get your frustrations about the changing hours from 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM, and now 6:00 AM and continuing to be flexible for Target's needs. Hopefully the ETL you vented to can do something to meet your needs and not cut your hours in retaliation because you voiced your anger about not getting consistent hours, while other team members get more hours and some weekends off. I'm not that familiar with Inbound, but I still respect what you do for Spot.

TTOTM: I did not give birth to you. There is a time and place for rolling your eyes, and while getting feedback at work is not it. Every other TL in the store may be absolute shit at holding their team accountable for anything, but that doesn't mean I am. Insubordination isn't a cute reason to be fired.

TTOETL: Learn to spell my name. It's in the emails I send you, on my nametag, on the grid, and on Workday. Nothing says "I don't respect you" like constantly misspelling someone's name and not adjusting the spelling when they correct you multiple times.

TTOTM: I did not give birth to you. There is a time and place for rolling your eyes, and while getting feedback at work is not it. Every other TL in the store may be absolute shit at holding their team accountable for anything, but that doesn't mean I am. Insubordination isn't a cute reason to be fired.

TTOETL: Learn to spell my name. It's in the emails I send you, on my nametag, on the grid, and on Workday. Nothing says "I don't respect you" like constantly misspelling someone's name and not adjusting the spelling when they correct you multiple times.
Start misspelling their name and calling them different names in person.

Omg I had an old GSTL who would call me a different wrong name to my face every single time even though I would literally always be wearing a name tag. I took it way personal and extremely disrespectful like she was doing it on purpose because come on, all it takes is a quick glance or if you’re unsure don’t even say my name at all??

Two comments here. First, I use my full name, and a couple years ago, they issued me a badge with an abbreviated version of my name that I do not allow anyone other than family and close friends to use. I had to complain to HR for almost a full year before they would issue me a badge with the correct name (I am also multilingual, and they removed the "Hablo Español" marker from my badge at the same time, which was another source of consternation). Secondly, I had a (now former) fellow TM with a rather distinctive first name. I don't think one week went by without someone misspelling his name. It doesn't take a lot to learn how to properly spell someone's name, and yet they can't seem to be bothered with such details.

Omg I had an old GSTL who would call me a different wrong name to my face every single time even though I would literally always be wearing a name tag. I took it way personal and extremely disrespectful like she was doing it on purpose because come on, all it takes is a quick glance or if you’re unsure don’t even say my name at all??
I had a fellow front end TM who did this to me every day for about 2 years, even when my freaking badge was literally inches away from her face lol. So irritating.

Yes, I agree that it is annoying and people should be called the name they want. However, as someone who has slipped up from time to time, it may not be meant as disrespect. Word recall memory is a funny thing, and something about a person can remind someone of someone else (third person) dear to them. Then whenever they mean to say person #1's name, try to say it, word recall glitch has the mouth saying the name of the loved similar person. And since the brain intended to use the right name it remembers saying the right name and isn't aware of what the mouth actually said.

Previous desk job, there was a woman named Wendy, blonde and full of life, and she died tragically. A couple years later a blonde named Whitney was hired and she was assigned that same desk. I truly meant no disrespect and wasn't even aware I said the wrong name until the office told me every time.

So address it as a word recall memory glitch and not someone trying to be mean. Say something but not in an adversarial way. Agree for a way of pointing out the mistake sothe person can correct themselves, since it likely is a memory problem.

TTOTM at the Service Desk:
I don't know if you're not thinking, not understanding how food works, or just don't give a damn, but...
We can't hold perishables in the hold location. Like... there's no refrigeration back here. Why did you think putting cheese, a bag of bagels/donuts from bulk bakery, and refrigerated coffee creamer was okay?

Thanks to you, the back of the Service Desk stinks now.

TTOTM at the Service Desk:
I don't know if you're not thinking, not understanding how food works, or just don't give a damn, but...
We can't hold perishables in the hold location. Like... there's no refrigeration back here. Why did you think putting cheese, a bag of bagels/donuts from bulk bakery, and refrigerated coffee creamer was okay?

Thanks to you, the back of the Service Desk stinks now.
Pretty sure I saw this on reddit earlier, yes?

To that one team member that only half washes the dishes: do you do that at home? Are all of your plates covered in grease and bits of food? Do you know how to work a sponge? Are your cupboards just in organized piles of dishes? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mini-Rant: It bugs me that leadership keeps throwing around that "$15/hour" number like it's a done deal. You can talk about how that justifies these new higher expectations all you want, but my paycheck disagrees.
Exactly! Also anyone else feel zero motivation to excel on reviews knowing your reviews don’t mater in the pay because it just evens out when they decide to raise it up another $.50 or so again

Oy style team at my store fucking stop putting all the Mew Say crap in the back. Literally none of it is on the floor for ship and this is ridiculous

Back