To that one Team Member - II

TTOTL: please stay out of my areas. I get that you're trying to help, but you go absolutely overboard with purging the hanging out of my backroom and completely overstuff my racks. Not only that, but you then bitch about "helping" me when your unsolicited assistance was not necessary.

No 👏🏼 one 👏🏼 asked👏🏼 you👏🏼 to 👏🏼 help.

TTOTM: Thanks for responding and covering electronics so I could go home since my relief never showed up.
TO ALL ETLS: Next time y'all don't respond about someone not relieving me from my shift and don't set up a plan so I can go home and not leave electronics uncovered, I'm clocking the fuck out. Not my problem that other people don't show up to work and I shouldn't have to find someone to cover until they do show up. I stayed 20 minutes past my shift, and that was me being generous.

Last edited:
TTOTL: Look, I get that you like to run a ‘Yes’ desk, but this guy was clearly committing fraud by attempting to have us price match a purchase from a different store the same day. What made me suspicious was the fact that he was using a receipt that had more holes (from staples) than Swiss cheese and the receipt had exactly two items on it - the Kano item he wanted to price match and a bottle of water. I alerted AP, who said it was a good call.

To be fair, the collection of stuff would be as expected for one woman shopping for herself and two children. It could have been a single guest throwing it all on there and walking out, and a TM had not had a chance to pick up the mess (such as GS having a line so no hands free, no way to pull someone from the registers, and no one immediately responding to "come get the reshop").

To be fair, the collection of stuff would be as expected for one woman shopping for herself and two children. It could have been a single guest throwing it all on there and walking out, and a TM had not had a chance to pick up the mess (such as GS having a line so no hands free, no way to pull someone from the registers, and no one immediately responding to "come get the reshop").
As a GSTM, that’s not okay though. Part of our core roles is keeping the desk clean and clear. I would take a step back after I finish with the current guest I’m with and at least swoop it into a cart. That’s just not how the desk should ever look

As a GSTM, that’s not okay though. Part of our core roles is keeping the desk clean and clear. I would take a step back after I finish with the current guest I’m with and at least swoop it into a cart. That’s just not how the desk should ever look
Except that we aren’t allowed to use carts... and there’s a line of guests... and when you finish with the messy drop everything and go guest the next one zooms up to you and starts yapping about something... oh and the phone is ringing (or someone is already on hold)... and HONK HONK. It gets crazy at the desk and sometimes it’s a mess until the 20 minute rush is over, then it’s cleaned up and looks fine

Exactly. What happens when you have 3 or 4 people in line at GS? Do you walk away from them to clean up the mess, leaving no one helping anyone? Ignoring guests is even worse than leaving a mess until the line is gone. Think of how you would feel if the person running the service desk in any store you're shopping in walks away, leaving you to just stand there with no assistance of any kind. I hope that "guests first" is still part of Target's philosophy.

Edit: And again, my checkout. It looks like whoever was over there was called away from that area so fast the equipment was left behind.

Last edited:
Exactly. What happens when you have 3 or 4 people in line at GS? Do you walk away from them to clean up the mess, leaving no one helping anyone? Ignoring guests is even worse than leaving a mess until the line is gone. Think of how you would feel if the person running the service desk in any store you're shopping in walks away, leaving you to just stand there with no assistance of any kind. I hope that "guests first" is still part of Target's philosophy.

Edit: And again, my checkout. It looks like whoever was over there was called away from that area so fast the equipment was left behind.
They were using it for Drive Ups.

To the food & bev ETL: THANK YOU for giving me someone else to help close the last couple of nights! It helps to have someone doing dry freight while I do the normal OM-closing stuff. When I don't get tasked with freight, I am much more successful, and the freight also gets done! (Also - mad props for helping me get the time off I need. I'm going to miss this ETL when I leave.)

To our now old SD: happy trails.

Ttotm-

Thank you so much for putting an extremely sharp jagged jar of jelly on the shelf. My hand didn't appreciate the surprise when I was zoning. Imagine little Timmy on his 1st day of school. All excited he gets to make his lunch in his new lunch box. He goes in the fridge and grabs the jelly. Then suddenly he has a quarter sized cut and is too traumatized to get jelly ever again.

Ttotm-

Thank you so much for putting an extremely sharp jagged jar of jelly on the shelf. My hand didn't appreciate the surprise when I was zoning. Imagine little Timmy on his 1st day of school. All excited he gets to make his lunch in his new lunch box. He goes in the fridge and grabs the jelly. Then suddenly he has a quarter sized cut and is too traumatized to get jelly ever again.

me: I'd rather embrace death than go to school

Back