To that one Team Member - II

TTOTM: When the honking goes off on the Zebra and we're calling over the walkie that we are all with guests, that means someone else has to take that drive up out. We have 2 minutes to get that drive up out to the guest, not the 20 it took.

Some won't. Some are afraid that "you break it, you buy it" really exists and would hide the evidence while getting a new jar.
This is very true. If I had a penny for every guest who thought they had to buy that bottle of pasta sauce their kid knocked off the shelf, I'd be a wealthy man. Instead, I just get a mop, a broom, and a trash bag to put the remnants into.

I really wish guests didn't think like this, but can't think of how to let them know we're not going to make them pay for accidents. I have no problem with you dropping something--it happens, it's no big deal. TMs knock shit off the shelves all the time, it's not like we're going to get on your ass about it. I do have a problem with you dropping something and not telling anyone so we can't clean it up right away and make sure nobody gets hurt.

Had a guest sweep past my Starbucks focal, knocking off (& breaking) four of my porcelain tumblers with her big-ass Louie Vuitton purse.
She looked down at the shards & said "Uh, somebody's gonna need to clean this up!"
Points for informing us although we ALL could hear the sounds of shattering porcelain :mad:

TTODSD, TTOETL, and TTOTL: thanks for all the added tasks to complete during our shifts. Because you are having us pretty much clear out the back room, we have even less time to complete truck push. Today is day 2 of not touching my u-boats. I also havent finished all the price change I was given on Saturday, though they were activated and most were proce cuts. I did get clearance marked down however to get those end caps cleared out, but only one or two of each item has a clearance sticker.

To 80% of my store:

Can you idiots learn that you have to hold the button on the radio for like half a second before saying something. It's fucking annoying having everyone ask what everyone is saying 2-3 times because it always cuts out.

Stop it.

More like 80% of the company.

Here's a question. Has anybody actually told them that the walkies don't transmit the first second after pressing the button? And that you should press the button, take a breath and then talk because of the mechanical limitations? Knowledge is power.

Here's a question. Has anybody actually told them that the walkies don't transmit the first second after pressing the button? And that you should press the button, take a breath and then talk because of the mechanical limitations? Knowledge is power.
At my store we’re all told during orientation, they do a little walkie demo

To that one team member, why did you call me for a team lift carry-out, then tell me to step back so you could load it into the car yourself? It's a team lift item for a reason, and I am not window decor.

To that utility company: The AC has been broken for about a month. I know you’re trying to fix it, but I’m baking in here. No one’s going to want to come here anymore.

TTOTL: fyi, my team members tell me when you've talked shit about me to them. Hilariously enough, it's usually about the same thing you praise me for to our ETL. First, make up your mind, then, how about you act in a somewhat professional manner and give me feedback. I'm always open to that because you've got many years of experience in our department and I know that you're a wealth of knowledge with a lot of things that aren't necessarily in my wheelhouse.

Also? Stop telling my team to disregard my directions when I'm not there. That's so damn disrespectful and I would *never* do that to you.

As a GSTM, that’s not okay though. Part of our core roles is keeping the desk clean and clear. I would take a step back after I finish with the current guest I’m with and at least swoop it into a cart. That’s just not how the desk should ever look

We get one person to run GS and they are supposed to deal with all the OPU traffic and hanging for softlines and we are busy GS counter. Oh and they have her doing Cash office at 7:30am and is supposed to take over GS at 8am.. This is working out so well. Our counter looks like that all day long..

We get one person to run GS and they are supposed to deal with all the OPU traffic and hanging for softlines and we are busy GS counter. Oh and they have her doing Cash office at 7:30am and is supposed to take over GS at 8am.. This is working out so well. Our counter looks like that all day long..
Learn to deal with that crap right after the guest returns it. It is a hard transition, but it is doable. At my store, we aren't even allowed to have a cart to swoop it into. We have to call for back up if we can't keep up.

Back