To that one Team Member - II

When I do a return, I’ll like scan everything and press total and before I complete the return I’ll put everything in its appropriate bin or tape it up and then put in the salvage box etc and then once I finish I’ll complete the return. So that way the counter is clear once I start with the next guest. The guest has to wait like an extra 30 seconds to a minute maybe while I get everything situated but 🤷🏻‍♀️ they can deal with it. Better than letting everything pile up and feeling overwhelmed

Learn to deal with that crap right after the guest returns it. It is a hard transition, but it is doable. At my store, we aren't even allowed to have a cart to swoop it into. We have to call for back up if we can't keep up.

No the priority is the softlines hanging and guests don't wait at all.. ASANTS.. And there should be more than one person at the GS desk.

No the priority is the softlines hanging and guests don't wait at all.. ASANTS.. And there should be more than one person at the GS desk.

why's the service desk hanging softlines? sounds like a specialty sales task to me...

That is the excuse softlines uses for not processing any of their hanging reshop cause all GS does is stand there all day they have loads of time to hang ALL reshop that comes out of the fitting room.
That makes no sense at all. They actually roll racks of merchandise to GS from the fitting room? Huh? As a Softlines TM, I will say it would definitely make life easier if GS would properly hang returns on the reshop cart, but bringing them stuff from the fitting room is just bananas.

That is our version of modernization GS hangs all softlines reshop not just returns but all of it, carts from the fitting room since softlines doesn't do any of that anymore.
Opposite of my store, and we rolled out most modernization changes first. GS is focused on guests. We no longer sort reshop from other areas, and sales floor has printers to do their own defects, tags, etc. We take care of only the abandons from the lanes and returns.

Opposite of my store, and we rolled out most modernization changes first. GS is focused on guests. We no longer sort reshop from other areas, and sales floor has printers to do their own defects, tags, etc. We take care of only the abandons from the lanes and returns.
I definitely think it's wrong for people to just roll carts of stuff up to GS and leave them there to be sorted. They used to pull that crap at the fitting room too, even other Softlines TMs would just roll their carts over and say "peace out"...I stopped that shizz right quick. Sort your own damn carts!

I definitely think it's wrong for people to just roll carts of stuff up to GS and leave them there to be sorted. They used to pull that crap at the fitting room too, even other Softlines TMs would just roll their carts over and say "peace out"...I stopped that shizz right quick. Sort your own damn carts!
I always sort the strays when I take them up. I feel bad enough about leaving defects. I’ll take care of any messy defects (I work in food and bev) but man to do them all ourselves?? It’s something my store needs to work towards. I know it takes more time away from processing trucks or whatever, but sometimes FOS just looks ridiculous

This has never been OK at my store. People have been fired over it. Sometimes shit happens and you get called to a lane or guest needs something from the far away back room as you're pushing your reshop up to the front to sort, but, generally speaking, unsorted carts left at GS is a huge no-no. Having GS hang stuff is bananas, though, at least at my store. We just don't have the staff to do it and guests get super pissed when they're standing around at the GS desk while the GS person is standing in the back hanging stuff. Maybe a lot of stores have the bandwidth for that (and GS as operator), but mine definitely doesn't. I would imagine the higher-volume stores, at least, are in a similar situation.

The Service & Engagement team does a lot of tasks, if you go by the definition of the word itself.

The entire store supports the front end. That's pretty absurd, given the amount of hours the front end gets, if the front end doesn't also support the rest of the store during their downtime.
at our store they barely get told to zone dollar spot or their candy/snack lol when they're slow they clean the conveyor and chat....it's annoying af especially when you hear "additional cashiers" and you know they're taking their time and not one of them is getting red cards so it's not like that's slowing them down. Bring back cashier scores.

The Service & Engagement team does a lot of tasks, if you go by the definition of the word itself.

The entire store supports the front end. That's pretty absurd, given the amount of hours the front end gets, if the front end doesn't also support the rest of the store during their downtime.

you know what “tasking” in a target sense means, don’t be petty. i don’t know how your payroll looks, but my front end is understaffed because GM keeps overspending on payroll (which is a common theme chain wide...) but even if we were getting all the payroll we should, having the service desk hang clothing is totally contrary to the job description given to guest advocates, whereas backup cashiering has always been and remains a core role for every team member.

at our store they barely get told to zone dollar spot or their candy/snack lol when they're slow they clean the conveyor and chat....it's annoying af especially when you hear "additional cashiers" and you know they're taking their time and not one of them is getting red cards so it's not like that's slowing them down. Bring back cashier scores.
Raising the pay has helped. Our newest hires truly are more outgoing, experienced, and they are working the Red Cards.

It was smart to raise pay.

If we are short on help, it makes getting Red Cards impossible. That was clear when we cut hours. Now, for some reason, front end has more hours, and once in awhile, it seems like too many cashiers are scheduled.
But the smartest move was eliminating GSAs. They are SLOWLY realizing they need to work. I swear, that freaked them out. What? Get a Red Card?

They honestly thought their job was to lollygag around guest service desk and gossip about tms. It got so bad that I was ready to walk. And I am one who consistently gets Red Cards.

So modernization gets a thumbs up from me!

My biggest message to Corp in survey was to bring back cashiers. Number one complaint...no cashiers
We lost good steady guests over that.

SCO is ok. Guests now are trained, and they are ok with using it, but we had folks resorting to SCO for big baskets. That's bad. (Meawhile, a GSA was assigned to direct guests to 1 cashier?????)
This new system finally makes sense.

That makes no sense at all. They actually roll racks of merchandise to GS from the fitting room? Huh? As a Softlines TM, I will say it would definitely make life easier if GS would properly hang returns on the reshop cart, but bringing them stuff from the fitting room is just bananas.

They park a z-rack in the way of us putting OPU's into hold and then just push shopping carts of crap up to GS and tell us to hang it all. And they want it sorted by department to boot. I have black bruises over blue bruises from kicking that damn z-rack cause there isn't room for a person and that stupid rack in the tiny hallway they have it jammed into.

To that one team member. Perhaps you have forgotten how to close a hanger box and build a new one. If you would like, I can remind you how to do it, because to be honest, I am becoming quite irritated about going back to empty hangers and seeing the box overflowing already.
To my SD, and any other ETL who will listen. It would make my life a lot easier if you would be so kind as to FIX THE <EXPLETIVE DELETED> CART DOORS! It is a safety issue, and I have only been bringing it to your attention for the last eleven years. Your excuses tire me. Get the doors fixed, now.

To that one team member. Perhaps you have forgotten how to close a hanger box and build a new one. If you would like, I can remind you how to do it, because to be honest, I am becoming quite irritated about going back to empty hangers and seeing the box overflowing already.
To my SD, and any other ETL who will listen. It would make my life a lot easier if you would be so kind as to FIX THE <EXPLETIVE DELETED> CART DOORS! It is a safety issue, and I have only been bringing it to your attention for the last eleven years. Your excuses tire me. Get the doors fixed, now.

Put a work order in for your PML. Workbeach- Mysupport- facilities/ maintenance

TTOGSTM:

Thank you for helping me sort out my go-backs cart at Guest Services last night. Doing my charge-backs, rehanging the clothes I found on the floor, and grabbing my go-backs went by faster.

I was able to finish doing my go-backs and zoning my department before I had to clock out for the night. Really appreciate the helping hand dude

Back