To that one Team Member - II

To that other cashier/self-checkout team member: Tell me what happened if the GSTL coaches you, like I heard he said he was going to. I know about making it right for the guests, but an item marked $3 from Dollar Spot shouldn't be changed to $1 just because the guest found it there in my opinion.
Seriously? Well, yeah, I'll give that figuring out the price is super hard, that really big red area printed on the item that has a dollar sign and a number could mean foreign currency or a spreadsheet formula.

Seriously? Well, yeah, I'll give that figuring out the price is super hard, that really big red area printed on the item that has a dollar sign and a number could mean foreign currency or a spreadsheet formula.
Well the GSTL had to make it right since the guest was complaining and unhappy about the way the cashier handled the situation (which wasn't harsh or worthy of a coaching in my opinion). It's just that I'm wondering why she is only being coached when there are a few other cashiers who are "stubborn" and refuse to make it right for the guest in reasonable situations.

I usually will change the price to whatever because I don’t care anymore but that’s just stupid. It literally says right on the item itself how much it costs so you could use 3 braincells and infer that a child probably put that in the wrong spot since it literally says how much it is ON it

I usually will change the price to whatever because I don’t care anymore but that’s just stupid. It literally says right on the item itself how much it costs so you could use 3 braincells and infer that a child probably put that in the wrong spot since it literally says how much it is ON it
Exactly. People are always trying to get one over. I understand that life is expensive and a lot of people don't make a lot of money (me included) but is it really worth making a fuss over a couple of dollars? Especially when you know full well that they understand what the deal is and they are just making a fuss because they can. I suppose it's possible that some people who have never worked in retail might not get it - then again no, screw that and them, they're just being difficult because they suck, case closed.

TToTM:. If you aren't trained for GS, GTFO. You've somehow managed to process two separate refunds IN A ROW multiple times. And because I'm busy helping my own guest, I have absolutely no clue what you've done

TToTM:. If you aren't trained for GS, GTFO. You've somehow managed to process two separate refunds IN A ROW multiple times. And because I'm busy helping my own guest, I have absolutely no clue what you've done
Said TM gave someone several times worth of money for two transactions? Are you sure it's incompetence and not deliberate with a friend/family member as the guest?

POS tried to deny it as having already been returned. Some TL (not somebody I know, but I've been away for a while) told her the over-ride code. The first transaction, apparently a receipt didn't print so she assumed it didn't go through at all and ran it again. The second time, she told it to give cash instead of going to the debit card, but the drawer wouldn't open. So then she switched to another register to process it yet again. The second time, I was halfway paying attention (still helping my own guests), and when the drawer wouldn't open again and she got the "item already refunded" page, I stopped her to call for GSTL. But he was with another guest and that other TL who I don't know told us to just move to the other register again and override to make it right, and then to reboot the first machine that wasn't opening up.

POS tried to deny it as having already been returned. Some TL (not somebody I know, but I've been away for a while) told her the over-ride code. The first transaction, apparently a receipt didn't print so she assumed it didn't go through at all and ran it again. The second time, she told it to give cash instead of going to the debit card, but the drawer wouldn't open. So then she switched to another register to process it yet again. The second time, I was halfway paying attention (still helping my own guests), and when the drawer wouldn't open again and she got the "item already refunded" page, I stopped her to call for GSTL. But he was with another guest and that other TL who I don't know told us to just move to the other register again and override to make it right, and then to reboot the first machine that wasn't opening up.
That’s so sketchy. I’m sure AP is already looking into it as they get notified I think with item already refunded overrides

TTOETL, Stop fucking scheduling me for more hours than my max availability. One week I can do, but now you've scheduled me an extra shift next week, at a time I can't actually make (but didn't think to update my availability for that day because I DON'T EVER WORK THAT DAY). I set my max availability at 15 hours/week for a reason and while I can do extra shifts here & there, this is now a pattern and it ain't gonna work. I get that we have tons of hours and it's use it or lose it, but I guarantee there are other TMs who want hours; give these to them, not to those of us who don't want the extras.

To the team member responsible for ordering bags: Why didn't you do your job and order more bags for the front end? We were completely out of medium-sized bags yesterday and had to hand out the large bags to all the guests. Hopefully, we get more as soon as possible.
In April when our modernization went into full swing, they took away access from anyone who was responsible for ordering for their dept. Etls are the only ones who can order now. If your etls are anything like ours, you’ll never see those bags because they are too busy deciding what they will have DoorDash deliver for lunch that day. Fortunately their lunches will arrive in an appropriate sized bag.

Last edited:
In April when our modernization went into full swing, they took away the access from anyone who was responsible for ordering for their dept. Etls are the only ones who can order now. If your etls are anything like ours, you’ll never see those bags because they are too busy deciding what they will have DoorDash deliver for lunch that day. Fortunately their lunches will arrive in an appropriate sized bag.
While sitting in Starbucks

TTO(New)TM. I was feeling bad for only managing to superzone kids food- and drink-ware and bedding in advance of our inventory this week in my 5 hour shift, but then I saw you were still working on the same aisle you were on when I started.

But it was PERFECT!!!
aaf_lol.gif

Back