To that one Team Member - II

If they really need me on break, they know where to find me. Considering I'm notorious for not hearing walkie calls when I'm working because three tiers rattle like crazy and/or I've turned the walkie down/off to work in peace, you better believe my walkie is off on breaks. Most of the time they really think they need me, they don't because there is nothing that I can do for them. Seriously, service desk, if you can't find an item for an OPU when the guest arrives, then either a) If I picked it, it was put in the location the system says it's in, I'm not responsible for what happens to it after that, but please make sure that your people are being careful and not giving items to the wrong guests as that explains most missing items; or b) If I didn't pick it, how the hell would I know where to find it?

At my store, TLs and ETLs keep their walkies on during break, as they often do need to answer calls on break, but the rest of us? No real need. If they call for someone a couple times and they don't answer, the caller usually figures it out.

At my store, every TM announces when they are going on break or lunch.
If someone tries to call for said TM when they're gone, a chorus ALWAYS pipes up with "They're on break/lunch!"

Yup, this was both of the stores I worked at. I think ASANTS on this one. ETLs had theirs on all the time, even in the breakroom, but that was about it. They were also pretty courteous about it.

At my store, TLs and ETLs keep their walkies on during break, as they often do need to answer calls on break, but the rest of us? No real need. If they call for someone a couple times and they don't answer, the caller usually figures it out.

lol i am notorious for turning my walkie off when im on my 15s

“[sunnydays] can you come to guest service to speak with a guest?”

“team they’re on their break”

“can someone go find them and have them come to guest service??”

meanwhile im just chilling in the break room 😈

TTOTM: Who decided to use an entire bottle of cologne on themselves and fumigate the main floor of the TSC out, you suck.
We have a couple of TMs who wear so much cologne, I have to fan the space in front of my face after they've walked by. It's not a bad fragrance, just so strong because they use way too much. Ug.

I've never had that happen lol. My sales floor team is very polite if they discover whoever they're looking for is on break.

"Hey guest advocate, Stargazer?"
"She's on her 30."
"Oh, all right. Thank you."
Same here. There have been a few times though that zebras and walkies were in short supply so someone was trying to find me to collect mine since the need was urgent. And once or twice they asked where I had put a hold item at prior to going on break since the guest arrived and no one could find it, and a one sentence response settled the question and there was no drama (unlike the one time they didn't ask so it turned into a big to do). No one ever asked me to return to work though, that was forbidden.

TTOTM: Just because you've been here for three years doesn't mean you can talk down to people or cop an attitude because they don't agree with something you've said. Your "seniority" means nothing when you're in the same position as people that have started only weeks ago. The amount of times they've told me something that is opposite of my TLs is insane; I always try to shrug it off and go on about my business.

At my store, every TM announces when they are going on break or lunch.
If someone tries to call for said TM when they're gone, a chorus ALWAYS pipes up with "They're on break/lunch!"
lol i am notorious for turning my walkie off when im on my 15s

“[sunnydays] can you come to guest service to speak with a guest?”

“team they’re on their break”

“can someone go find them and have them come to guest service??”

meanwhile im just chilling in the break room 😈
I've never had that happen lol. My sales floor team is very polite if they discover whoever they're looking for is on break.

"Hey guest advocate, Stargazer?"
"She's on her 30."
"Oh, all right. Thank you."
At my store, some TMs announce breaks/lunches, some don't. Since the supposed dissolution of the LOD shift, I just tell my TL or a fellow TM, I don't announce anymore.

Something that does irk me: we have a couple of newish TMs who announce that they are leaving for the day. I swear I think they do it to get public praise and thank-yous. Like, the whole store needs to know you are leaving because you are just THAT important? Ok then...

When I was first hired I was never told that I had to announce my breaks or lunches. Like most other things, I noticed that other people were doing it, and I asked a couple of TMs if I should be doing it as well. I was basically told that it was a good idea, but no one ever said that it was a must. ASANTS strikes again, lol.

from the handbook:

"Team Members who are 16 years of age or older, if properly trained and certified, may operate cart movers and load cardboard into the balers (but may not unload or operate them)"
Our baler has a warning label on it that explicitly says if you're under 18, you can't put anything into it.

I was flat out told by the STL after I didn't check in my first month. Edit: she also said announce when leaving as well.

Last edited:
At my store, some TMs announce breaks/lunches, some don't. Since the supposed dissolution of the LOD shift, I just tell my TL or a fellow TM, I don't announce anymore.

Something that does irk me: we have a couple of newish TMs who announce that they are leaving for the day. I swear I think they do it to get public praise and thank-yous. Like, the whole store needs to know you are leaving because you are just THAT important? Ok then...

Everyone at my store except cashiers announces that they are leaving for the day. The only time I don't do it is if I happen to pass by my ETL on my way to the equipment room and I just tell her. It's mostly just a way of letting any leads get any last minute questions in if they have them. It's usually met with a unch of people calling back, "Bye, (whoever) Have a nice night/day," from their TM friends.

To the flex team member: How did you even put the guest's OPU item in a location that doesn't exist? I had to look around in that section of Order Pickup hoping that the items were nearby, but nope they were nowhere to be found. I even checked the floor for the items, but they weren't there either. Fortunately, the guest wasn't that upset about it and we gave her a giftcard for the inconvenience.
We need to have a conversation with whomever is in charge of flex because this is apparently the third time this has happened recently.

To the flex team member: How did you even put the guest's OPU item in a location that doesn't exist? I had to look around in that section of Order Pickup hoping that the items were nearby, but nope they were nowhere to be found. I even checked the floor for the items, but they weren't there either. Fortunately, the guest wasn't that upset about it and we gave her a giftcard for the inconvenience.
We need to have a conversation with whomever is in charge of flex because this is apparently the third time this has happened recently.
Could be in tsc.

Back