To that one Team Member - II

TTOTM: Your tired because you have to be here at 6a after staying up late on the computer playing games. I'm tired because I worked 14 hours in healthcare yesterday but I'm still doing my job correctly without complaining.
Similarly felt no sympathy for the TM who complained about being so-o-o tired one early morning. When I asked what was causing all the yawns and complaints, turned out she'd been at a Halloween party very late the night before. Oh, so sorry not sorry, poor thing.

TOTM, whoever you are. Last time I checked I was not your maid, or your parent, so why did I come in to find a disaster zone back at Ship from Store?

A pallets worth of packed boxes on the ground instead of a, ya know, pallet, or flat, or Ship cart, anywhere not on the FLOOR!?
Also, 2 of our 3 RFID scanners off their chargers and left haphazardly up at OPU.
Oh! And all our pallet sheets from over the weekend were thrown away but not scanned out...

I just...these are all very clear things me and our other Captain have been drilling into peoples' heads not to do. Like, come on children.
The first 30min of my shift should not be spent picking up after you before I can do my job.

To the ETL-HR: I think you were a little harsh on the GSTL about punching out for his meal later than he was scheduled. He could have been busy with something and you didn't have to berate him at TSC in front of other team members.
Hitting compliance is a big deal. Especially for HR. not a reason to discipline in front of other TMs, but still

TTOTL: I know you weren't taking COVID seriously, especially considering you couldn't be bothered to wear your mask properly. But, I thought actually getting it would change your tune. So imagine my surprise when you said to me, "if it were up to me, I would've come to work anyway because I felt fine." How selfish of you and how dumb of me for expecting you to have some compassion for others who might not be as lucky as you if they were to contract this.

To the ETL-HR: I think you were a little harsh on the GSTL about punching out for his meal later than he was scheduled. He could have been busy with something and you didn't have to berate him at TSC in front of other team members.

I was in the back room dropping off a SFS batch and getting a fresh cart for the next one, when I heard the HR ETL seemingly coaching a TL not to use a harsh tone or talk to a TM in some way. I didn't hear it all, just got the gist of it. I found it odd that it was basically done where any passerbys could hear. Why is that? Is it unprofessional? Or is it to show other TM's that they step up when required? It feels like both to me. Relevant fact: they are very friendly.

Thoughts?

I was in the back room dropping off a SFS batch and getting a fresh cart for the next one, when I heard the HR ETL seemingly coaching a TL not to use a harsh tone or talk to a TM in some way. I didn't hear it all, just got the gist of it. I found it odd that it was basically done where any passerbys could hear. Why is that? Is it unprofessional? Or is it to show other TM's that they step up when required? It feels like both to me. Relevant fact: they are very friendly.

Thoughts?

Seriously unprofessional, no boss should call out any employee in public much less a TL.
You take them into the office to have the conversation.
Even if you don't plan on writing them up and just want to have a information gather conversation.
The only time you would say anything in front of coworkers or customers is if they are doing something dangerous.

Seriously unprofessional, no boss should call out any employee in public much less a TL.
You take them into the office to have the conversation.
Even if you don't plan on writing them up and just want to have a information gather conversation.
The only time you would say anything in front of coworkers or customers is if they are doing something dangerous.

Thanks. It seemed weird to me. Said HR ETL has been with spot for ages, but I don't think has an HR backgroundt or education. Or maybe I misunderstood the context since I only heard snippets.

Thanks. It seemed weird to me. Said HR ETL has been with spot for ages, but I don't think has an HR backgroundt or education. Or maybe I misunderstood the context since I only heard snippets.

I also noticed that some of the ETLs seemed to think the backroom was somehow a private area even though there were dozens of people wandering through at any given time.
As the Signing Ninja I walked into a bunch of what should have been private conversations in the fixture room and in the back.

To that team members in my department:
I don’t understand why you took 3-4 hours to finish pull and push one fill group with less than 150 tasks even when you both were doing it together! I don’t understand what you are still doing in the backroom aisles when we are working hard to finish the truck push! You can always talk while working. You don’t have to take extra time to ‘organize ‘ backroom aisles . Please organize your floor aisles if you really love doing it and push atleast a u boat . I don’t know how these people are getting away without doing much work!! I really miss my old team members!! 🙁

I don’t understand why you took 3-4 hours to finish pull and push one fill group with less than 150 tasks even when you both were doing it together! I don’t understand what you are still doing in the backroom aisles when we are working hard to finish the truck push! You can always talk while working. You don’t have to take extra time to ‘organize ‘ backroom aisles . Please organize your floor aisles if you really love doing it and push atleast a u boat . I don’t know how these people are getting away without doing much work!! I really miss my old team members!! 🙁
I don't know if there are studies about this or anything (will look that up) but I feel people get more work done solo than working together, unless they are both single-minded and keep socializing to a bare minimum. I much prefer working alone and constant chit-chat just annoys me no end, even if it's other TMs talking to each other within earshot.

Ug, this brings back memories of two TMs who would stand at the end of aisles they were pushing or "coincidentally" take their trash to the cardboard cage (when we still had those) at the same time, just chatting. This was back in the days when flow team pushed the whole store and they were in the area I broke out. I'd find one of them "zoning" while the other was slowly pushing product in the same valley and remind them about each working in separate valleys, fine to chat as long as they kept working. Except they didn't, and they were SO slow. And they had the gall to complain to our TL about me! Fortunately, I'd already alerted him to what was going on and he'd seen it for himself.
This is one advantage I see to the DBO model - I'm no longer having to pick up the slack for others, at least not very often. I'm responsible for my area, they're responsible for theirs.

I
Ug, this brings back memories of two TMs who would stand at the end of aisles they were pushing or "coincidentally" take their trash to the cardboard cage (when we still had those) at the same time, just chatting. This was back in the days when flow team pushed the whole store and they were in the area I broke out. I'd find one of them "zoning" while the other was slowly pushing product in the same valley and remind them about each working in separate valleys, fine to chat as long as they kept working. Except they didn't, and they were SO slow. And they had the gall to complain to our TL about me! Fortunately, I'd already alerted him to what was going on and he'd seen it for himself.
This is one advantage I see to the DBO model - I'm no longer having to pick up the slack for others, at least not very often. I'm responsible for my area, they're responsible for theirs.
Thats the thing . I was asked to zone their aisles too the other day as their was a visit . Those TMs were working that day , still I was asked !

TOTM, whoever you are. Last time I checked I was not your maid, or your parent, so why did I come in to find a disaster zone back at Ship from Store?

A pallets worth of packed boxes on the ground instead of a, ya know, pallet, or flat, or Ship cart, anywhere not on the FLOOR!?
Also, 2 of our 3 RFID scanners off their chargers and left haphazardly up at OPU.
Oh! And all our pallet sheets from over the weekend were thrown away but not scanned out...

I just...these are all very clear things me and our other Captain have been drilling into peoples' heads not to do. Li's ke, come on children.
The first 30min of my shift should not be spent picking up after you before I can do my job.

They call that "Bosch's morning shit fit!" Cause it happens every fucking morning. One day they didn't bother to sort anything.. I laughed in the ETL's face when she asked me to key them all in.. 500+ orders. No. Trash can overflowing, all the tape dispensers broken or missing either the spindles or cutter blades, RFID guns left on the prep/pack tables stone dead. Along with box knives and three Zebra's(PML looked up-all SFS). Empty box pallets left up in the steel. Boxes on the pallet and when that was full they just stacked on the floor next to the pallet.. Another pallets worth.

The kids who leave this mess complain to our TL that I talk to them like little kids, his response is "Act like adult and don't leave crap that she has to clean up, she may talk to you like adult.".

They call that "Bosch's morning shit fit!" Cause it happens every fucking morning. One day they didn't bother to sort anything.. I laughed in the ETL's face when she asked me to key them all in.. 500+ orders. No. Trash can overflowing, all the tape dispensers broken or missing either the spindles or cutter blades, RFID guns left on the prep/pack tables stone dead. Along with box knives and three Zebra's(PML looked up-all SFS). Empty box pallets left up in the steel. Boxes on the pallet and when that was full they just stacked on the floor next to the pallet.. Another pallets worth.

The kids who leave this mess complain to our TL that I talk to them like little kids, his response is "Act like adult and don't leave crap that she has to clean up, she may talk to you like adult.".
This was me when I first came off of LOA back when overnights were a thing for .5 seconds. I'd come in to an absolute disaster nightly and went off on everyone for their nonsense. I was gone 2 weeks. That's how long it took to to devolve into chaos. Finally my 2 left over xmas seasonals they'd left in charge stepped up a bit so now I only come into chaos once a week or so lol. I'm only there 4 hours in the morning on truck days now, due to COVID and job hunting, so I don't have a lot of time for nonsense.

Now if only I could get them to properly teach the baby seasonals how to stack boxes or restock the supplies at night...oh the dream.

This was me when I first came off of LOA back when overnights were a thing for .5 seconds. I'd come in to an absolute disaster nightly and went off on everyone for their nonsense. I was gone 2 weeks. That's how long it took to to devolve into chaos. Finally my 2 left over xmas seasonals they'd left in charge stepped up a bit so now I only come into chaos once a week or so lol. I'm only there 4 hours in the morning on truck days now, due to COVID and job hunting, so I don't have a lot of time for nonsense.

Now if only I could get them to properly teach the baby seasonals how to stack boxes or restock the supplies at night...oh the dream.

I am cool with not restocking every thing. Just stock what you can reach. Some of them can't use the wave or crown due to being underage or not trained. But clean up. Toss hangers, empty trash, put away your zebra, knife. Sweep if you are feeling real frisky. Get the pallets and bags stacked up. Leave it so I don't have to figure out what the fuck happened.

I am cool with not restocking every thing. Just stock what you can reach. Some of them can't use the wave or crown due to being underage or not trained. But clean up. Toss hangers, empty trash, put away your zebra, knife. Sweep if you are feeling real frisky. Get the pallets and bags stacked up. Leave it so I don't have to figure out what the fuck happened.
All our small boxes and supplies are low enough to grab with a step stool. So coming in to empty desks is what annoys me, and it happens regularly. And they don't toss hangers ever, or sweep, or...anything, really. So I do that in the morning. All I ask at this point is no boxes on the ground and rfid guns on their chargers, and sometimes they cant even manage that. 😂

All our small boxes and supplies are low enough to grab with a step stool. So coming in to empty desks is what annoys me, and it happens regularly. And they don't toss hangers ever, or sweep, or...anything, really. So I do that in the morning. All I ask at this point is no boxes on the ground and rfid guns on their chargers, and sometimes they cant even manage that. 😂

Our pallet spaces are next to the desk. Floor level - 438/454 up one shelf on the steel 126/413 - all of those they can reach with a stool or the hook(you can grab the upper bundles and drag them down. Why the smaller boxes are up a shelf. Every thing else you need a wave/crown to get to just the nature of our backroom.

Boxes on the ground royally piss off the unload peeps since our space is right next to the receiving desk and directly across from the dock doors. So the damn truck unload goes right through our area we stack pallets so they at night need to be all on a board so they can get moved by the unload team so they can you know - unload the truck.. When they don't I get to hear it the next morning and try to put back together the mess the unload peeps make when they clear our shit out of their way.. And they are not kind(which I respect) they just throw shit anywhere to get it out of the way. So their anger sets off my shitfit. Cause my #1 or #2 rule is "You think of who or what needs to be done by the next person."

Back