To that one Team Member - II

Some stores the AP team will text each other. That way there is no conversation for anyone to accidentally overhear? Plus it just looks less suspicious to see someone completely focused on their phone versus someone “talking” to themself? I’m not trying to justify their behavior (they should have never asked you to go beyond guest servicing anyone) but offer another explanation for why they were on their phone.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Some stores the AP team will text each other. That way there is no conversation for anyone to accidentally overhear? Plus it just looks less suspicious to see someone completely focused on their phone versus someone “talking” to themself? I’m not trying to justify their behavior (they should have never asked you to go beyond guest servicing anyone) but offer another explanation for why they were on their phone.
This too. My former APEtl would be on her phone to make it look like she wasn’t watching a guest when she was lol

You're right and I shouldn't have even brought it up like Amanda said but it's frustrating to be given "bad" advice from someone you should trust. I'm not trying to be petty or anything but I need to be able to do my job without unrealistic expectations that go against Target's policy.

It’s ok to be petty! And it’s ok to be mad about being bad advice that if you follow will actually cost you your job. Talk to your TL, let them know Hey I received this conflicting advice what should I do? But if they’re that into their phone maybe it needs to be pointed out (by Leadership) that they are possibly overselling it? If they’re that focused on their phone in front of TMs then they should be just about to make an app I’d think? To me it sounds like they wanted to app your guest but you didn’t make him give up whatever he was concealing and the APS took it out on you. Not cool, bro. (Him. You did everything right.)

(ps- some of my best conversations with my ETL start by me going to their office and shutting the door and saying: I know I’m being petty BUT.... Then we talk it out, I learn a new perspective I wouldn’t have thought of before, and I take away a resolution that will work for me. ETLs are human too!)

Last edited:
Make a note of the time this happened. If the APTL/ETL wants to follow up with you, and they should, after your TL follows up with them. They can camera review the whole situation. They should be able to see how busy you were as well as how much AP was on their phone.

Pattern Finder

Floater? I barely even know her!
To that one cashier:

Thank you so much for giving me not only a mask, but an exceptionally well-sown mask you made yourself when I didn’t have my spare ones yesterday.

You and a lot of other cashiers have been very kind to me throughout the years, so that gets me through tough times especially nowadays

TTOTL : stay the fuck away from SFS ... I know our ETL is dumping you on us because you are a blonde bimbo who can’t find her keys in her own hands ...
you are disorganized , you order TMs around to do things that are counterproductive ... no they don’t need to tape your boxes for you when you pack , they don’t need to take one box at a time to scan and walk 20 ft away with it to put it on the pallet ! they can sort by pulling the flat / Uboat out of our way and scan them all at once , or ( weird concept ) they could pick a cart ...
And stay off the walkie ! We don’t need the story of Adam and Eve when looking for a pillow received that day ...

To that one cleaning crew person: I know it’s hot outside so when I saw you wipe your face with a paper towel I totally understood. What I didn’t understand is why you then used that same paper towel to wipe down the outside of the exit doors. Even without a pandemic that is disgusting. 😬

StargazerOmega

Self-checkout Bitch
TTOTL: I'm trying the very best I can. I understand the importance of cleaning, I really do; however. When you asked me if I was "Cleaning after every guest, right now, right this second?" I responded with "I will." because I was in the middle of explaining RedCard options for a guest.

You know that I try the very best I can, so just relax a little. I always feel like you hate me every time we interact, it's starting to get frustrating and a little uncomfortable. 🙄🤷‍♀️

To that one ETL, we had a nice chat in June about me cross-training in GM, something I have been trying to get since I was hired 19 years ago. Then we had one cart attendant (front of store attendant, whatever) get fired and another put in his notice so he could go away to college, and my cross-training got put on "indefinite hold" when I was returned to cart attendant to cover until new team members were hired and trained. I can (kind of, sort of, almost) understand that. Fast forward to this weekend, when I see one of the newly hired cart attendants on the salesfloor training in GM. Lucy (not the ETL's real name), you got some explaining to do!
Did you ever get GM trained?

Some team leads need to learn how to treat employees, slow down, think about what and HOW they say to TM's and get off the silly power trip shit. We had good ones and bad ones. Good far outnumbered the bad. Many of these little bon bons straight out of college don't know shit.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Some team leads need to learn how to treat employees, slow down, think about what and HOW they say to TM's and get off the silly power trip shit. We had good ones and bad ones. Good far outnumbered the bad. Many of these little bon bons straight out of college don't know shit.
It’s simple— they need to treat us with respect. My favorite leaders are the ones who respect us as people and trust us to make the right call. It’s a two way street too— I may not always agree with them, but I’ll respect their wishes if they show they respect me

StargazerOmega

Self-checkout Bitch
It’s simple— they need to treat us with respect. My favorite leaders are the ones who respect us as people and trust us to make the right call. It’s a two way street too— I may not always agree with them, but I’ll respect their wishes if they show they respect me
Truth! I wouldn't mind it so much except for the fact that I feel like this TL hates me. I've felt this way about him since before he was a TL, so it makes for an uncomfortable work environment and is also one of several reasons I'm dusting off the resume.