To that one Team Member - II

Some stores the AP team will text each other. That way there is no conversation for anyone to accidentally overhear? Plus it just looks less suspicious to see someone completely focused on their phone versus someone “talking” to themself? I’m not trying to justify their behavior (they should have never asked you to go beyond guest servicing anyone) but offer another explanation for why they were on their phone.

Some stores the AP team will text each other. That way there is no conversation for anyone to accidentally overhear? Plus it just looks less suspicious to see someone completely focused on their phone versus someone “talking” to themself? I’m not trying to justify their behavior (they should have never asked you to go beyond guest servicing anyone) but offer another explanation for why they were on their phone.
This too. My former APEtl would be on her phone to make it look like she wasn’t watching a guest when she was lol

You're right and I shouldn't have even brought it up like Amanda said but it's frustrating to be given "bad" advice from someone you should trust. I'm not trying to be petty or anything but I need to be able to do my job without unrealistic expectations that go against Target's policy.

It’s ok to be petty! And it’s ok to be mad about being bad advice that if you follow will actually cost you your job. Talk to your TL, let them know Hey I received this conflicting advice what should I do? But if they’re that into their phone maybe it needs to be pointed out (by Leadership) that they are possibly overselling it? If they’re that focused on their phone in front of TMs then they should be just about to make an app I’d think? To me it sounds like they wanted to app your guest but you didn’t make him give up whatever he was concealing and the APS took it out on you. Not cool, bro. (Him. You did everything right.)

(ps- some of my best conversations with my ETL start by me going to their office and shutting the door and saying: I know I’m being petty BUT.... Then we talk it out, I learn a new perspective I wouldn’t have thought of before, and I take away a resolution that will work for me. ETLs are human too!)

Last edited:
Make a note of the time this happened. If the APTL/ETL wants to follow up with you, and they should, after your TL follows up with them. They can camera review the whole situation. They should be able to see how busy you were as well as how much AP was on their phone.

To that one cashier:

Thank you so much for giving me not only a mask, but an exceptionally well-sown mask you made yourself when I didn’t have my spare ones yesterday.

You and a lot of other cashiers have been very kind to me throughout the years, so that gets me through tough times especially nowadays

TTOTL : stay the fuck away from SFS ... I know our ETL is dumping you on us because you are a blonde bimbo who can’t find her keys in her own hands ...
you are disorganized , you order TMs around to do things that are counterproductive ... no they don’t need to tape your boxes for you when you pack , they don’t need to take one box at a time to scan and walk 20 ft away with it to put it on the pallet ! they can sort by pulling the flat / Uboat out of our way and scan them all at once , or ( weird concept ) they could pick a cart ...
And stay off the walkie ! We don’t need the story of Adam and Eve when looking for a pillow received that day ...

TTOTL: I'm trying the very best I can. I understand the importance of cleaning, I really do; however. When you asked me if I was "Cleaning after every guest, right now, right this second?" I responded with "I will." because I was in the middle of explaining RedCard options for a guest.

You know that I try the very best I can, so just relax a little. I always feel like you hate me every time we interact, it's starting to get frustrating and a little uncomfortable. 🙄🤷‍♀️

To that one ETL, we had a nice chat in June about me cross-training in GM, something I have been trying to get since I was hired 19 years ago. Then we had one cart attendant (front of store attendant, whatever) get fired and another put in his notice so he could go away to college, and my cross-training got put on "indefinite hold" when I was returned to cart attendant to cover until new team members were hired and trained. I can (kind of, sort of, almost) understand that. Fast forward to this weekend, when I see one of the newly hired cart attendants on the salesfloor training in GM. Lucy (not the ETL's real name), you got some explaining to do!
Did you ever get GM trained?

Some team leads need to learn how to treat employees, slow down, think about what and HOW they say to TM's and get off the silly power trip shit. We had good ones and bad ones. Good far outnumbered the bad. Many of these little bon bons straight out of college don't know shit.
It’s simple— they need to treat us with respect. My favorite leaders are the ones who respect us as people and trust us to make the right call. It’s a two way street too— I may not always agree with them, but I’ll respect their wishes if they show they respect me

It’s simple— they need to treat us with respect. My favorite leaders are the ones who respect us as people and trust us to make the right call. It’s a two way street too— I may not always agree with them, but I’ll respect their wishes if they show they respect me
Truth! I wouldn't mind it so much except for the fact that I feel like this TL hates me. I've felt this way about him since before he was a TL, so it makes for an uncomfortable work environment and is also one of several reasons I'm dusting off the resume.

TTSD:

How dare you endanger so many people’s lives and safety from team members to guest by disregarding protocols like metering and keeping certain registers open to reinforce social distancing.

I understand the state is slowly opening other businesses, but that doesn’t mean we should act like everything is now normal again.

You opened up the whole check lanes and self-checkout on second level when we’ve been short-staffed and low on hours for couple weeks. Every time I see all the registers used or less than six-feet distance, I feel like you’ll squeeze us until we’re deflated and useless to your disposal.

You want carts on the second-level, but you don’t have a cart cleaner for the second level. You only have one (1) for the first level. And that’s it.

You stopped metering, so we have people packing in like sardines. You stopped forming lines and having a line ambassador unless a TL is forced to step up on the plate and direct traffic. People are ignoring social distancing, and all we get for complaining about it is a ‘oh well get used to it’ kind-of-attitude.

I know what you want.

You want that lovely bonus in your pocket whenever you meet the quota.

Why care about team members’ complaints when the guests complained about waiting in long lines and having the second-level check lanes closes and you could *gasp* lose precious business.

With all due respect, may your pockets be emptied and your ass gets kicked to Uranus, sir.

To all “management” at the store where my pharmacy is located. Thanks for NOT having the common decency to come over and tell us the store was closing 7 hours early today! We found out the same time guests did when the first announcement was made 30 minutes before closing! THEN, I find out on FB (around 8pm tonight) that we are only open 4 hours tomorrow! Nothing like giving us a heads up

They did the same thing at my store. I wasn't there, but another TM told me that they had everyone to stop what they're working on and start zoning about an hour before they closed, but didn't say anything about the store closing early until the announcements were made. Apparently so they wouldn't "cause panic". What's so hard about just telling people "hey, there's protests in the area and there have been a few Target stores around the country that have been attacked, we don't think ours is going to be but as a precaution we're closing early"??? How would that cause panic?

TTOTM: I can't believe you're really gone.

I transfered into the store a few years ago and you were one of the first people I met. You had this ability to get me to laugh at the most ridiculous things and the silly voices you used when you told your stories always made me smile. You knew exactly how to make my chicken tenders and pretzels the way I liked them...and then you got sick.

We lost a few people to the virus, but we lost you because you've been so sick for a while now. A few weeks ago, your skin was completely yellow and I knew it was coming...I just wasn't ready. In that moment, I remembered the night I was closing Starbucks after a rough night and you came over and let me listen to songs you recorded of you playing the piano, one of my favorites was first...Top of the World from the Carpenters. I keep thinking about every moment you made me feel better...and yet I never got to say goodbye.

Thank you for everything you did for me over these past few years. I'll miss your hugs, your smile, and...just...YOU.

TTOTM: I can't believe you're really gone.

I transfered into the store a few years ago and you were one of the first people I met. You had this ability to get me to laugh at the most ridiculous things and the silly voices you used when you told your stories always made me smile. You knew exactly how to make my chicken tenders and pretzels the way I liked them...and then you got sick.

We lost a few people to the virus, but we lost you because you've been so sick for a while now. A few weeks ago, your skin was completely yellow and I knew it was coming...I just wasn't ready. In that moment, I remembered the night I was closing Starbucks after a rough night and you came over and let me listen to songs you recorded of you playing the piano, one of my favorites was first...Top of the World from the Carpenters. I keep thinking about every moment you made me feel better...and yet I never got to say goodbye.

Thank you for everything you did for me over these past few years. I'll miss your hugs, your smile, and...just...YOU.
Sorry for your loss:(

TTOTM: I was on my way in the door on bulk side and hear a noise. Cardboard sliding out of bailer onto the floor. All electronics. Obviously you don't know how to load the bailer or someone before you fucked it up and you put it in anyway. I had to use the crowbar to try and lift the cardboard rolling down the front. Thanks douchebag whoever you are!

Back