To that one Team Member - II

You absolutely need to partner with a TL or ETL on this. Write down order number next time and give to them so they can find who packed it. If it was intentional that should be a coaching IMO
I'd consider that to be final-worthy in all honesty.

I absolutely did partner with them. I could have placated her, maybe, but I didn't want too. I am so pissed at TMs cancelling items in the pick up app. I'm pretty sure there will be a coaching. I believe cancelling items in pick up comes out in a report.

Yikes, a final? I hope not. Honestly, it is a TL who needs a serious coaching. She is such a bitch about INFs and everyone is afraid of her. I've seen a TM pull something out of EISM to scan it and toss it in a bag. It was just a damaged box, but still.

I was told we only do this if a guest takes the item from your cart and you Only discover it when your putting it to hold.

Captain to hyper-karen: " sure can, come on down this way and I'll show you where the K-cups are. For the record the MP Colombian K's are awesome and they're on sale"! Karen is defused, Captain is smooth and when she or ManKaren brings up other employees I just circumvent the whole issue and dazzle them with some non-sequitur bullshit. Works every time.

And it happened again! I partnered with my TL again. I hope this problem gets fixed. They really need to stop focusing so much on the INF metric.

I'm torn on the INF thing. On the one hand, it's not fulfillment's fault if the system thinks the item is in store and it's not, or if the store is behind on freight and there's no realistic way to dig through all the repacks/flats/pallets to see if the item exists.

OTOH, some of our fulfillment folks are lazy as fuck and can't be bothered to, say, look at the peghook or location next to the one the item is supposed to be in to see if it might have been misplaced or moved around (or at guest service as reshop or whatever) and we'd have INF's all over the place for shit that is in store and findable with a couple minutes searching.

OTOH, some of our fulfillment folks are lazy as fuck and can't be bothered to, say, look at the peghook or location next to the one the item is supposed to be in to see if it might have been misplaced or moved around (or at guest service as reshop or whatever) and we'd have INF's all over the place for shit that is in store and findable with a couple minutes searching.
Sounds like your store has the wrong TMs on SFS. Isn't one of the big performance metrics on this task the INF rate? Fulfillment TMs at my store have to touch base with a TL before tagging an item as INF. After a TM has shown themselves to be reliable at diligently searching for an item, then they might be given free rein on deciding to INF most things independently. Even then, they probably still check on high-ticket items.

I'm torn on the INF thing. On the one hand, it's not fulfillment's fault if the system thinks the item is in store and it's not, or if the store is behind on freight and there's no realistic way to dig through all the repacks/flats/pallets to see if the item exists.

Why do I feel like you work at our store? We have some that make a beeline for a Style team member instead of taking five seconds to look every time they make their way to our floorpad. These are also the same team members that have infed items that they would have found had they looked where we told them to go. Half of it is in the very front of the department and is well stocked.

God, that sounds like Q4 where half the newbies are brain dead when it comes to following directions.

You're looking for AND leggings? You want hosiery leggings, not RTW. (Newbie asks question) Yes, the sign above us says AND but leggings are different. (Newbie asks question) Yes I'm sure. (Newbie asks question) I've been here two years, the stupid dpci is different, that's why I'm sure. Now, see that yellow wall? Walk straight towards it, when you get there turn left, walk through the break between that wall and the one perpendicular and you are in AND hosiery.
(90 seconds later) You can't find hosiery? I have to drop everything to take your hand and walk you there? 😡💣

Last year's crop of Style seasonals were the worst, I couldn't wait for them and their stank attitudes to be gone. We kept exactly one, who ended up quitting a short time later. Our SFS newbs were decent though, at least as far as picking in Style went.

There were seasonals I didn't mind. But they were the ones that when I said "Go over there" they went over there without question and didn't show back up until it was a different item. Or when I knew the item was complicated (looking at you, Bride sleep shirts) and I told them X item are often found in a specific wrong spot and also check in that area, they were the ones to go check without arguing with me that it's the wrong place for the item to be.

There were seasonals I didn't mind. But they were the ones that when I said "Go over there" they went over there without question and didn't show back up until it was a different item. Or when I knew the item was complicated (looking at you, Bride sleep shirts) and I told them X item are often found in a specific wrong spot and also check in that area, they were the ones to go check without arguing with me that it's the wrong place for the item to be.

If that were me, you'd soon find the rest of those items on the fitting room desk so you could put them where they belong. I'm helpful that way. Style TMs don't always like it when it's something from their section, but their TL loves it.

If that were me, you'd soon find the rest of those items on the fitting room desk so you could put them where they belong. I'm helpful that way. Style TMs don't always like it when it's something from their section, but their TL loves it.
Really? So rather than ignoring them, you think I'm bad for telling them where it is? That I'm bad because I see the dpci is hosiery and rather than let them founder I say go to hosiery and I don't think I should be told by a seasonal that it's not hosiery? That when I say the sleep shirts keep getting mixed up with graphic tees I don't want to be argued with and told that no it won't be in graphic tees because it's sleep. Or argued with when I say check men's for that boys XL graphic tee? They should be glad that im telling them all the little hiding spots are and I'm not ducking away.

Really? So rather than ignoring them, you think I'm bad for telling them where it is? That I'm bad because I see the dpci is hosiery and rather than let them founder I say go to hosiery and I don't think I should be told by a seasonal that it's not hosiery? That when I say the sleep shirts keep getting mixed up with graphic tees I don't want to be argued with and told that no it won't be in graphic tees because it's sleep. Or argued with when I say check men's for that boys XL graphic tee? They should be glad that im telling them all the little hiding spots are and I'm not ducking away.

Didn't say you were bad. (You're very sensitive lately, btw. Everything OK?) Tell them, but then let's get that fixed so the next fulfilment TM can find what they need without asking and for guests so they don't buy a medium white T-shirt in girls only to have to return it because it's a boys medium mistakenly put in girls and thus doesn't fit.

Maybe someone who does SFS regularly can help me understand something. So many of our SFS pickers don't pay attention to the location on the zebra, looking only at the picture and trying to find the product by sight. When I see one of them go up and down the aisle, apparently not finding the item, I ask "what's it tell you for location?" They reply, and yep, it's right there. They go by location in the back room because everything is in wacos and not so visible. But out on the sales floor, it's all about "match the picture."

Maybe someone who does SFS regularly can help me understand something. So many of our SFS pickers don't pay attention to the location on the zebra, looking only at the picture and trying to find the product by sight. When I see one of them go up and down the aisle, apparently not finding the item, I ask "what's it tell you for location?" They reply, and yep, it's right there. They go by location in the back room because everything is in wacos and not so visible. But out on the sales floor, it's all about "match the picture."

Are you in a no backstock flex everything out store? It would make sense to go by picture if so. IDK. I use both picture and location. The location gives me the general area in the aisle I'm looking for. The picture narrows it down without having to look at shelf labels or count.

We have this one tm, im not sure how she was hired. She basically acts like a kid and she is older than me. So she is at the bailer and the cage is down. I'm at the compactor throwing away trash. Instead of opening it up or asking for help she just walks away. I imagine leaves her trash for someone else to clean up. I go to the bailer push it up and fix the boxes.. so hard.

Are you in a no backstock flex everything out store? It would make sense to go by picture if so. IDK. I use both picture and location. The location gives me the general area in the aisle I'm looking for. The picture narrows it down without having to look at shelf labels or count.
Location is great for GM and Beauty, and Style basics, not so great for Style hanging or tables. They aren't actually "located" regardless of what the website says, so going by the picture is necessary.

Nothing in style is located and if it is, the locations made up and the points dont matter, ask your style tm's they are magic with finding things.
Yes, it is-or it's supposed to be. All basics areas (socks/underwear) are standard pog. Folded items and things like bras, shoes and the like are hybrid pogs, meaning they have a pog tied to a physical location (each floorpad has a different letter location) but the product is merchandised flex on that fixture to avoid the appearance of outs. Fixtures like tables should have numbers on them. Hanging product is not located, that's correct.

They're either lazy or don't understand shelf locations (which admittedly can be confusing and take time to learn), possibly both. Our softlines locations are not labeled, but it isn't hard to remember where the AND, UT, swim, Art Class, etc. areas are. Staring at shelves full of Tylenol trying to match a picture instead of learning locations is just lazy.

Back