To that one Team Member - II

To that other team member: Stop leaving your smart cart full of push and miscellaneous reshop in the aisle after your morning/mid-shift. I’m tired of walking into that when I close. I let my leader know about it and he tells me to leave it as is. He also writes about it in his notes for the morning team, so if you haven’t been talked about it yet expect for it to be brought up at a huddle :)
Update: this cart was still on the floor today, and I ended up having to do it anyway.

Update: this cart was still on the floor today, and I ended up having to do it anyway.
Thank you for being a team player. There is nothing worse than hearing “ but it’s not MY work” ! Seriously. You are being paid to complete the work that needs doing. How is doing that cart any different than doing the nights reshop, truck push, SPL, pricing or backstock that is needed ? C’mon, don’t complain, just DO it ! Heck, I’m ALWAYS throwing away “other people’s” cardboard, backstocking the carts ‘hidden’, filling amplified displays that are getting light and much more that was not technically assigned to me. Doesn’t make a difference, work is work.
I’m busy/it needs doing, a win-win!

Thank you for being a team player. There is nothing worse than hearing “ but it’s not MY work” ! Seriously. You are being paid to complete the work that needs doing. How is doing that cart any different than doing the nights reshop, truck push, SPL, pricing or backstock that is needed ? C’mon, don’t complain, just DO it ! Heck, I’m ALWAYS throwing away “other people’s” cardboard, backstocking the carts ‘hidden’, filling amplified displays that are getting light and much more that was not technically assigned to me. Doesn’t make a difference, work is work.
I beg to differ. Not much irks me more than dayside leaving their 3-tiers full of damages, trash, abandons and fixturing sitting in the middle of the salesfloor. We've had one piled full of crap over in intimates for days now. Sorry but that's some bullshit. No reason at all that night shift should have to clean up someone else's mess. I've got plenty of my own work to do. They should clean up after themselves.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. Not much irks me more than dayside leaving their 3-tiers full of damages, trash, abandons and fixturing sitting in the middle of the salesfloor. We've had one piled full of crap over in intimates for days now. Sorry but that's some bullshit. No reason at all that night shift should have to clean up someone else's mess. I've got plenty of my own work to do. They should clean up after themselves.
Yeah closing team members have enough to worry about, reshop and making the section look pretty for opening in the morning. Now some may think oh it’s just one extra cart of reshop, is it really such a big deal? But tonight I not only walked into a full smart cart of seasonal reshop and an overflowing bin at guest service (my day crew is a mess if you couldn’t tell haha), but that surprise cart of push mixed with other reshop as well. Walking in to practically three full carts of reshop can really throw off your night. I needed a miracle to pull off a decent zone along with the craziness of back to school traffic, but I think I did a decent job, I have no idea how the hell i did it haha.

And when they are coached on not doing their stuff because they are doing the work that you left? Is that fair to them?

And when they are coached on not doing their stuff because they are doing the work that you left? Is that fair to them?
That is just poor leadership to coach someone who pitched in and did work that needed doing. The work assigned and expectations to be completed should include those ‘extra’ projects That need finishing.

That is just poor leadership to coach someone who pitched in and did work that needed doing. The work assigned and expectations to be completed should include those ‘extra’ projects That need finishing.
I agree that coaching a TM in that situation is unwarranted. The TM who needs the coaching is the one who left their cart full of crap in the middle of the salesfloor. I bring my abandons to GS and sort them, I process my damages and I put away my fixturing. I don't mind if someone rolls a cart with a handful of things to the fitting room area, but if the cart is full I'm just pushing it to the side, or even better, bringing it to the backroom.

Whenever I'm in a position that I can help out the rest of the store, I have a general policy of I'm happy to help, but I'm not going to do anyone's work for them. It's a fine line. DBOs that never do their own reshop and expect that someone else will eventually do it? Yeah, that someone else won't be me. The toys closers always leave a cart full of abandons stashed in sporting goods? Yeah, that's nice; they should probably start with that when they get in. On the other hand, those DBOs who make the effort to always do as much as they can? I'll go see if any of them have too much to handle that day and help them out.

I get it that expectations are high and you’re not always going to finish everything on time, and that not everyone can stay 15 minutes later to complete it. That’s when you partner with a leader. But one thing’s for certain, they have a rule here not to leave any carts on the floor after you leave. It’s really unfair to those who come in later. I do everything I can to finish all the reshop before I clock out because I don’t want to leave that work for someone coming in the next morning.

VM: There is a fixture there and I don’t know who left it. It’s been there for days. Can you take it to the back.

Me and other team member: (busy organizing quarantine items) crickets......did not respond to her pretending we did not hear. Yes I felt petty that day not to respond and take it to the back. my reason being...You have seen it for days so why didn’t you take it back especially when it’s not suppose to be there. Everyday you are at the fixture room. I don’t get it why you were not able to take it yourself.
We have some people who have higher positions than a team member feel like they are too good to pick up trash, one shirt, an item on the floor. If you really care about safety, you can pick that one item up. You don’t really need to call a team member to do it for you.

VM: There is a fixture there and I don’t know who left it. It’s been there for days. Can you take it to the back.

Me and other team member: (busy organizing quarantine items) crickets......did not respond to her pretending we did not hear. Yes I felt petty that day not to respond and take it to the back. my reason being...You have seen it for days so why didn’t you take it back especially when it’s not suppose to be there. Everyday you are at the fixture room. I don’t get it why you were not able to take it yourself.
We have some people who have higher positions than a team member feel like they are too good to pick up trash, one shirt, an item on the floor. If you really care about safety, you can pick that one item up. You don’t really need to call a team member to do it for you.
The TM who left it there should take it to the back. Funny thing is, in my store it's usually the VM who's the guilty party when it comes to leaving crap lying around.

The TM who left it there should take it to the back. Funny thing is, in my store it's usually the VM who's the guilty party when it comes to leaving crap lying around.
Yeah that’s the typical general rule (whoever left it should take it back). For some reason hahaha I was the lucky team member and my coworker that she sees. It’s kinda like since I am a team member I should take it for the team. Oh yeah our VM too is guilty of that. She will leave her cart of fixtures on the floor after she gets off.

that reminds me of every lead ever who passes by the boat and goes "tech can u pick up ur zone it looks rough" and i go over to find one (1) item on the floor like ??? u coulda got that fam

or when they hand me one (1) phone charger literally the next aisle over that theyre walking past anyways

Back