To that one Team Member - II

A
To dayside: Thanks for leaving this flat for me in toys. Awesome.

View attachment 12309

Also, thanks for the overpush that arrived there since I closed last night
At least they took the time to prop that end box up with a toy. Organized chaos like they re coming back from a 15?? Sad totally and would be in huge trouble myself leaving a monstrosity like this anywhere!!!

A

At least they took the time to prop that end box up with a toy. Organized chaos like they re coming back from a 15?? Sad totally and would be in huge trouble myself leaving a monstrosity like this anywhere!!!
Haha I didn't even notice that. And to make matters worse, the section was just reset before this and I found a ton of overpush in toys after I snapped this picture, probably the same person is responsible.

TTOTL: CONGRATS on your promotion to ETL and I'm pretty glad to hear you'll be managing overnights. If anyone can put the fear of god into the overnight crew as far as getting their shit done and stop them from making the floor look like trash by stuffing product into every nook, cranny and all adjacent spots to where their product actually belongs, it will be you. (thoughts and prayers for the overnight GM team)

So I had this exchange with a team member today-

TM: Are you working next Thursday?

Me: No

TM: Oh, can you take my shift?

Me: Sorry, I have school Thursdays

TM: I wasn’t asking why you were off Thursday, I want to know if you can take my shift?

Me: Sorry I can’t, I need that night off because of school. I thought that was implied.

TM: We’ll next time you need someone to take a shift for you, I won’t do it! I’m going to talk to a team lead about this, it’s ridiculous that you can’t take my shift!

Me: K…

Probably wouldn't even if you DID take their shift.

I picked up/swapped shifts plenty of times but when I needed a swap or shift picked up, crickets.
And look, whether or not she would actually take my shift doesn’t matter. I would never expect someone to take my shift if they were unavailable. I’m sorry, but I’m finishing my last semester of my MBA and I have group team meetings every Thursday at 7, putting off one of those meetings could sacrifice my grade.

I had a fellow TM who gave me the cold shoulder because I wouldn't switch with them. Sorry, I had plans. They got over it eventually.

Happened to my husband too, and he had to share an office with the guy. Pouted like a baby because my husband couldn't switch shifts, ridiculous.
People forget sometimes there’s life outside of target. And sometimes life has break, which in that case I’ll be happy to switch then.

So I had this exchange with a team member today-

TM: Are you working next Thursday?

Me: No

TM: Oh, can you take my shift?

Me: Sorry, I have school Thursdays

TM: I wasn’t asking why you were off Thursday, I want to know if you can take my shift?

Me: Sorry I can’t, I need that night off because of school. I thought that was implied.

TM: We’ll next time you need someone to take a shift for you, I won’t do it! I’m going to talk to a team lead about this, it’s ridiculous that you can’t take my shift!

Me: K…

That made my brain hurt.. Sorry you had to deal with that.

TTOTM - Being a lead doesn't mean you get to be a dictator. Literally all the veteran/good fulfillment people are telling me they're gonna quit because of your antics.
Everyone can tell you can't handle the pressure, and everyone can tell you're just trying to do everything yourself. It doesn't look good. But whatever. Enjoy your powertrip I guess.
I'm on LoA, but I'll probably be looking for a new job soon.

TTOGuestAdvocate: I don't care what you're scheduled as in the front end. If there is a guest standing in line at the service desk and you're right there, you help the guest. Don't give me lip that you're "just a cashier today." Help the guest. I'm fulfillment, yet I can still take the time to walk behind the desk and process a 30 second return. And as I told you at the time, if you ever pull that crap again, I'm going straight to your TLs on channel one. Today was not the day to piss me off. You're on my shit list.

TTOGuestAdvocate: I don't care what you're scheduled as in the front end. If there is a guest standing in line at the service desk and you're right there, you help the guest. Don't give me lip that you're "just a cashier today." Help the guest. I'm fulfillment, yet I can still take the time to walk behind the desk and process a 30 second return. And as I told you at the time, if you ever pull that crap again, I'm going straight to your TLs on channel one. Today was not the day to piss me off. You're on my shit list.
As a front end team member trained in all front end aspects my least favorite is cashiering. If I’m scheduled cashier and can help at service to get a break from cashiering I’m definitely doing it.

God bless you and can you please transfer to my store

As a front end team member trained in all front end aspects my least favorite is cashiering. If I’m scheduled cashier and can help at service to get a break from cashiering I’m definitely doing it.
Literally same. I’m rarely scheduled at cashier but if I am unless I’m desperately needed I’ll just go to the Desk

I get where you are coming from (sort of), but my philosophy is, not my business. If I'm at GS getting reshop and a guest is standing there needing help, I will call someone on the radio and go on my merry way. Unless you are a supervisor, I question why you would get involved in Front End business.

To that one peer: I make it a point to almost always respond to your e-mails in the bathroom.

aIelDMf.jpg

This. Plus the one toilet that is forever caked in human matter, the other toilet that is clogged and filled to just under the seat...

This bathroom looks like a slice of heaven. I bet it doesn’t even smell like a full outhouse in the middle of July.

Back