To that one Team Member - II

To the ETL-HR: I appreciate the fact that you support Guest Services and help with Order Pick-ups when the line is really long. The last ETL-HR mostly stayed in her office because I guess she was worn out and about to retire.
Heh, I have an ETL-HR that sits in her office all day and she's only been on the job a little over a year and isn't over 25. Has the easiest position in the store besides the mask distributor. Couldn't be bothered to lift a finger anywhere in the store or learn anything to be able to help when needed. The store could have massive callouts and breakdowns in different areas and she's totally oblivious to everything. You can't sit there and say with a straight face that you are working on HR tasks 100% of the time during an 8-10 hour shift. So what is it? Scheduling? The other ETLs handle that. Talent management/acquisition? Heh, we're lucky if we receive more than three applications in a week. Paperwork? We're not doing complex corporate taxes & accounting here. I'm thinking TikTok/Instagram, texting and online shopping are a significant portion of her workday.

I was an assistant store manager in my past life at a store with 20M in sales and 50-60 TMs and I did the equivalency of ETL-HR, ETL-GM, ETL-SE (and, frequently, SD) wrapped into one and I was NEVER in my office more than half my shift.

TTOTM(?). Whining about our store in a difficult-to-decipher post on our local FB group isn't likely to help you much, especially since some of the shit you bitched about was patently bullshit (getting in trouble for buying food for your lunch while on your 30? Are you high? Don't answer that.). While no store's leadership is perfect, IMO, our leadership doesn't do any of the shit you said they do in your post, so either you suck and are getting flak for it or...you just suck in general. Hard to say, as I don't recognize your name, so you're not a mid or closer. It's hard to say from your post if you still have your job or not, but I'm quite certain at least one other TM on that group will report your post, so if you do have a job it might not be a bad idea to start looking for alternate employment.

Assuming you are a TM, and not some random troll.

TTOTM: Alright, I made my peace with your overstocking. I made my peace with you rolling the frieght for me to deal with the next day. I made my peace with you not touching reshop. I even sort of made my peace with you putting casepacks in my backroom aisle. I've grown to tolerate your lack of zoning. I mean, it's not cool and all, but whatever. I like to zone, so sure, after being off I'll spend the first hour of my shift zoning, doing reshop and pulling your overstock off the shelves. Then, I'll start on your rolled freight. It's all good.

But, today I learned that you flexed out a bunch of my fall transition and it's now orderable online. Thank you. Thank you so much for that. I really enjoyed spending time today helping fulfillment dig through repacks to find what they needed. Even better my fill percentage went down today for those endcaps, so I'm even further away from being able to set them early. Asshat.

TTOTM: Alright, I made my peace with your overstocking. I made my peace with you rolling the frieght for me to deal with the next day. I made my peace with you not touching reshop. I even sort of made my peace with you putting casepacks in my backroom aisle. I've grown to tolerate your lack of zoning. I mean, it's not cool and all, but whatever. I like to zone, so sure, after being off I'll spend the first hour of my shift zoning, doing reshop and pulling your overstock off the shelves. Then, I'll start on your rolled freight. It's all good.

But, today I learned that you flexed out a bunch of my fall transition and it's now orderable online. Thank you. Thank you so much for that. I really enjoyed spending time today helping fulfillment dig through repacks to find what they needed. Even better my fill percentage went down today for those endcaps, so I'm even further away from being able to set them early. Asshat.
Go find that tm & get them on the same page as you.

I have discussed the matter with my TL and ETL. They're working on hiring more bodies so that new people can be trained properly to fill in on my off days. We'll see how that goes. We're thinking the current fill-ins, who have been with the store a long time, are lost causes.
That's why I'm glad Style doesn't really have DBOs anymore, at least not in my store. I was getting way too aggravated that my area was not being maintained to my standards when I wasn't there. Now I just go with the flow (well, for the most part, lol) and do my best when I'm there.

TTOTL. Thanks for showing me my worth. Been with the company for almost 9 years. I do my job. Always at work. Rarely calls off. Should have known that's means nothing. You change my schedule. Always scheduling me on my unavailable days. For what? So some other TM that you think is the greatest can have my days. Well she's not. She's a hack. She calls off all the time. And you take her off the schedule! So much BS. I know this means nothing to you. I just had to vent. BTW I quit. So now she can have all my days. Might want to let her know when she gets back from her no shows.

TTOTM- there is no I in "team" and your passive aggressive physically blocking me from getting MY contribution completed has been noted. This is the reason you were ultimately not chosen for "the project"... so expect all those TM s you spent the day talking trash about me SEE you r shifty azz self ways gettin you no where ... and TL sees the pix...bye bye.

TTOTM who recently promoted themselves to guest: Gee, thanks so much for quitting the way you did. I knew you'd been unhappy with your job for a while. When you said you'd been looking for something else, I asked if you could at least give me a heads up since we worked so closely together. And being the responsible sort, you said of course you would. But nope, instead you walked away from your shift twice, including after a "discussion" with the SD. And then you pulled the NCNS thing for your next three shifts. Thanks so much for leaving me stranded and picking up the pieces.
And TTOTM who's been providing some help, I appreciate the help, really I do, but I sure wish you'd be more careful and stock correctly. I keep finding mistakes. Which sort of makes me wonder what your own DBO area is like, but that's not my concern.

TTOTL: I sincerely hope that you understood that I wasn't goofing off when I stepped offstage near the end of my shift. I had an equipment malfunction with my wheelchair that needed adjusting and I wasn't about to take my chair apart in front of people.

TTOTL: Yes, I did in fact tell the new girl that nothing would wreck her zone more than someone from leadership helping her with freight. I was not wrong. You know I was not wrong. We've talked about it for years. I realize you just didn't want me to say it out loud to a new TM for reasons. But, she's already getting bitched at about her zone, so I volunteered to help her. I'm just telling her what she needs to know because all she got from the TL who "trained" her and is now bitching at her is that zoning is just making it look pretty and something you do if there is time after everything else is done. And, again I WAS NOT WRONG!!!

TTOTM who wears his mask under his nose and still wanted my help with the order he was picking: I know from a previous conversation with you that you don't take this virus thing seriously and suspect you're not vaccinated. If you really wanted my help, you would have complied with my request that you wear your mask properly because I didn't want to share your air space otherwise. But no, you just walked away while throwing a sarcastic "thank you" over your shoulder. Be that way and stay away from me unless you can figure out how to wear a mask.

TTOT: vendor but I guess it counts
Why are you pissed off about magazines being "out of date" when your company is the one in charge of them?
Why are you accusing my GM team of "not knowing how to work"?
Why did you call me a prick, after I tried to appease you for 10 minutes while you shouted at me?
Fuck off and die.
Sounds like a call to someone’s supervisor is in order…

TTOTM I know you think you’re more capable of doing my job than I am, but wait your turn in line. I got promoted before you and you’re still on the bench for a reason. And no you will not be taking my job no matter how hard you try to challenge me and prove to other leaders how you think you can delegate better than me. Go sit down 👌

Whoever came up with this "thank you for coming to Target" nonsense clearly lacks experience in interacting with humans. How are guests supposed to reply to that? "You're welcome...?"
I don't even do that tbh, I say have a great day/evening/night and call it at that.
It feels way too awkward to say "Thank you for coming to Target"...

Back