To that one Team Member - II

To every tm who called off on Sunday & Saturday. Expect a conversion by your etl or tl to you.

Style team, thanks for saving Gm, flex, & front end again. Also, the tech tm who covered the whole floor during this insane time.

To new the DM, please come in on a weekend when we have massive call offs to see how bad my store is.
They have to do something about the call-offs. We need more aggressive enforcement of the attendance policy. When someone gets to the point where it's a 50-50 chance at best that they will show up, then someone somewhere has dropped the ball. Get it together Leadership!

They have to do something about the call-offs. We need more aggressive enforcement of the attendance policy. When someone gets to the point where it's a 50-50 chance at best that they will show up, then someone somewhere has dropped the ball. Get it together Leadership!
I think part of the problem at least at my store is we are so short staffed, that leadership would rather take a 50/50 chance then firing and bring even more short staffed.

I think part of the problem at least at my store is we are so short staffed, that leadership would rather take a 50/50 chance then firing and bring even more short staffed.
Very true. It's big problem in retail. Back when I was a Footwear Lead at my old job, I took back a very mediocre employee not once, but twice, because we were so desperate!

Don't these people have bills to pay? Or are they all still living with their parents and don't have to worry about rent or a mortgage like the rest of us poor slobs? No work = no pay.

I remember when people said jobs like these weren't meant to support anyone, that they were 'stepping stone jobs' to something better.
Welp, looks like a lotta folks have moved up & aren't willing to settle for crappy guests any more.
And evidently $15/hr isn't enough to fix that either.

Don't these people have bills to pay? Or are they all still living with their parents and don't have to worry about rent or a mortgage like the rest of us poor slobs? No work = no pay.
For short shifts sometimes the take home pay minus transportation costs and other costs (like child care) just isn't worth it. A lot of these people, if given 6-8 hours shifts fewer days a week, will call out a lot, lot less because the money went from barely worth showing up for to pretty good.

Most of our chronic caller offers are kids or married people supplementing partner income. So yeah, basically, they don't absolutely need the fatter paycheck.

For short shifts sometimes the take home pay minus transportation costs and other costs (like child care) just isn't worth it. A lot of these people, if given 6-8 hours shifts fewer days a week, will call out a lot, lot less because the money went from barely worth showing up for to pretty good.
That may be true for some, but not all. One of our worst offenders in Style gets 30+ hours a week. We even have a lead with attendance issues.

I overheard an ETL telling a TL that every single call off needs to be documented & HR will continuously be following up to ensure they are. They're to speak with the TM that called off (I guess "coach" them) then document it. They're writing up every single one to get a pattern. Our seasonals are actually pretty competent this year, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some long-time TM's getting canned after Q4 is over and replaced with any seasonal that proves themselves move valuable over Q4.

Sounds like a call to someone’s supervisor is in order…
What you do is kick them out of your store and not let them back in until you talk to their supervisor in person. Your receiver will take perverse delight in keeping them out and kicking their orders.

That way, they get to tell their supervisor exactly how they fucked up themselves, inconvenience their supervisor greatly, and THEN you get to chew out their supervisor for letting it all happen.

Target wants you to call vendors but it’s so much easier if you don’t have to keep track of them.

TTOTM: Fuck you retard, I can buy a twix on my 15 if I want to
BTW that red vest you wear looks stupid, please go back to groveling at self checkout instead of hounding me

TTOTM: As the parent of a cognitively disabled person, the use of the word retard momentarily stops my heart along with stopping any respect I may have had for you and your opinions.

I wholeheartedly agree. There are some words that should never be thought, uttered or written. That is one of those words.

Please rethink your post, edit if so moved and expel that word from your vocabulary, forever.

To that one etl. . . .shut up. . . Just shut the heck up!!! No body cares! Just put the walkie down and shut up! The store is NOT on fire! The roof is NOT collapsing (yet its coming even the roofer guy refused to walk on it to reoair a hole but I degress.) The zones will get done! Yelling every 2 seconda because an endcap is still messy will NOT fix it faster. Especially when you have already demanded I do 47 tasks first. 5 mins ago.

We are a well oiked team. You close ONCE A MONTH IF THAT!

Imma need you to go back to the freezer and sit down foe a few mins. Stop. Touching. The. Walkie.
This chick is going to seriously test my patience this season 🙄

To that one etl. . . .shut up. . . Just shut the heck up!!! No body cares! Just put the walkie down and shut up! The store is NOT on fire! The roof is NOT collapsing (yet its coming even the roofer guy refused to walk on it to reoair a hole but I degress.) The zones will get done! Yelling every 2 seconda because an endcap is still messy will NOT fix it faster. Especially when you have already demanded I do 47 tasks first. 5 mins ago.

We are a well oiked team. You close ONCE A MONTH IF THAT!

Imma need you to go back to the freezer and sit down foe a few mins. Stop. Touching. The. Walkie.
This chick is going to seriously test my patience this season 🙄

We wear the same shoes!
SD can only remember MY name when using the walkie .….. EVeRyThiNG that needs to be done ……
“TM FFN a bail needs to be made“, “TM FFN a pallet needs to be moved”, “ TM FFN ensure ALL audits are completed”, ”TM FFN run this smart huddle“,
TM FFN…(insert every job all day)…..

Even the TEAM comments they are tired of hearing the SD CALL ME !
5 projects given at the start of every shift and a new one added each hour.

Sigh, makes me want to change my name.

TTOTM (who's a TL):
Wow, thanks for taking up a bunch of my back room space because it was a little more convenient than using your own space. And not only that, but you thought it was okay to get rid of the repack boxes I had labeled for a specific purpose and which were even in use for that purpose. Could have just put them on a top shelf to get them out of your way.
And all this when I'm just starting to get in massive quantities of the big bottles of mouthwash and hand soap refills for the "stock up and save" set back in seasonal. You're a real peach!

Back